I have VERY sad news, friends...

I didn't want to open this thread because I knew what it would say. I am sitting at my desk with tears flowing freely trying to figure a way to express my sadness. The DIS has truly lost a wonderful voice and the world a wonderful person. My heart breaks that Sylvia won't get to be here to watch her DS Nick grow up and that Nick will no longer get to feel the loving arms of his mother embrace him. My heart breaks for her mom who has had to watch her daughter suffer and fight a valiant fight against an opponent that in the end was just too strong. I pray that God gives her family strength in the days ahead.

Sylvia your kindness, warmth, sincerity and spirit will be missed at the DIS. Goodbye friend.

:( OMGosh, I am so sorry to hear this. I used to visit back in '99 and '00 when I had trips planned, but haven't in a very long time. I remember when NicksMom joined the boards, and when she was made a moderator. I am so very sad to hear this news. God Bless You, NicksMom. And may peace walk with Nick and keep him safe and loved in the absence of his Mom. Gosh, this is so sad ...

Dear Sylvia is with the angels now, finally at peace.

I also never "met" Sylvia, but considered her among my dear friends. We'd exchange ocassional emails, and while Sylvia was fighting this horrible disease, she never lost her sense of humor. She was silly and funny and thoughtful and intelligent and truly warm. I will miss her so much.

Blessings to Nick, may he one day rejoice in the memory of his fine mother.

And Dan, I love you with all my heart, my friend. Everyone deserves a friend like you, and I'm glad that Sylvia had you, if only for a short time.

I am so sorry to hear of this sad news :(

Sending my thoughts and prayers to all her family and friends at this difficult time.

We were all so blessed at the Dis to of known her and read about her. She was one very special lady.

God Bless.

Thank you for sharing the sad news Dan. What a touching tribute you wrote for her. :( God bless her.

Hi,

I think that others have summed up the sentiment felt by everyone here already.

Being relatively new to the boards I can't recall the posts but my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Wow This is so sad. My prayers are with the family and her son Nick:( I just seen the picture of him. No kids should have to go though with this very sad:D :(

I am so sorry.....:( :( :( :( :( :( Sylvia will be in my heart forever. I'm glad she is out of her pain.....I'll be praying for Nick and the rest of Sylvias family.....

As soon as I saw the thread, I lit my candle.....We have been praying for Sylvia & Nick & their family every night. Even tho I knew this might come soon, I was still unprepared for how terribly, terribly sad I would be.
Yesterday, I spent the day mourning friends I have lost to another disease, not even knowing that I was mourning Sylvia as well......

May you finally know Peace Sylvia, no more suffering, just the Comfort of being in the Arms of God.....
May you always "Be" with Nick, in his Heart & very much a Part of his Soul.....
I pray for Peace & Healing for Nick & Margrete.....
I pray for all the other brave & wonderful folks who struggle & fight this disease every day......
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I did not have much contact with her, mainly learning of her struggle through The Dis. My prayers are for her son and mother at this time, I know that her pain is no more. I also know God was waiting for her with open arms.:(

HC2.jpg

:(

God bless you and keep you, Sylvia.

my prayers are with sylvia her family her son and her many friends here ,may the Lord cradle her in His arms ,her pain is gone please Lord take care of her family give them the strength and faith to go on their journey ,untill they see her again in Your kingdom amen..

Oh, Dan.........

Sylvia and I connected soon after I arrived on the DIS. She was looking for an easier way to floss Nick's teeth. I sent her these Dino flossers we could get here and Nick loved them. I have followed her trials since and am terribly saddened by this news.

Thank you for the loving tribute.

I am so sorry. I remember posting to her as a fellow Nick's mom (my son Nicholas is 20) and praying for her this week. I will ask my mom who also died of breast cancer to help her in the transition with God's angels.

Keeping her Nick in my prayers too.

denise

I also met Sylvia after I arrived here, but was unaware in the beginning what she was going thru.

My heart goes out to her family, and especially Nick. I will keep them all in prayer.

Syvia, we'll always remember you, and we'll see you again.

cross.gif

May God Bless you, Nick, and keep you and your family in his heart. Your mom was much loved by the people here and will be missed terribly. I'm very sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter