I have VERY sad news, friends...

:( I'm not sure if I can type very well with tears running down my cheeks, but I'll give it a try. Sylvia will be greatly missed by those of us here that always enjoyed her posts, but she will especially be missed by her family and Nick. I always felt a bit of kinship with Sylvia- both Eeyore lovers and Canadians. Her clipart always brought a smile to my face whenever I saw it. It's good that Sylvia can now rest easy in God's arms, but for those of us left behind it is very difficult. She will be truly missed.:(

I was telling glo this morning that my heart was heavy and thinking about Sylvia!

God, I know that she is with you!
Please comfort her family and friends!

Thank you Dan.

What heartbreaking news. :( My thoughts and prayers are with Sylvia's family, especially Nick, and her dear friends here on the DIS.

What a beautiful tribute you wrote to her, Dan. She was very lucky to have you for a friend.

I am absolutely speechless as I sit here being selfish as we wait for my mom to have some blood work done in a couple of weeks as one of her counts were high. I'm sitting here thinking how horrible it would be go through this disease again with my mom....trying to think positively. And here, someone I was able to know (and yes, I will always know her as NicksMom too) has lost the fight. And I'm around the age that Sylvia was...

Dear friend...

Please rest in peace and be Nick's guardian angel forever and ever...
Be able to enjoy his growing up as you guide him through those tough years...
Be there to help him laugh when he's nervous or scared or the happiest that he can be...
Be there to "snap" that right answer for the test magically into his head...
Be there to nudge him silently when he falls in love for the first time....
Be there to dance in the street with him when he goes on his own planned trip to WDW...

Be his guardian angel forever...and rest in peace my friend!!!

I can't say anything more than anyone else here has. my deepest sympathies to her family and Hugs to Nick.

My heart goes out to all the friends and family of Sylvia, but especially to Nick. My heart is breaking, just thinking about him. What a wonderful example Sylvia gave us all of courage, positive attitude, and determination. Through it all, she never gave up hope. You will be missed, Sylvia. :(

:( :(

You will be missed Sylvia.
{{{{HUGS}}}} for Nick how his heart must be breaking.

Janette

Sympathy and prayers to Sylvia's family. She is at peace now.

Dan, thanks for letting us know and for the contacts.

Our deepest sympathies are with Sylvia's family. We never got the chance to get to know her but feel as if we have lost a friend. :(

Our love and prayers to Sylvia's son, Nick. :(

Our hearts are breaking. God be with you, Sylvia, you fought the good fight. I hope you are at peace now.

Oh my heart...It's breaking..for a woman and a family that I never "really" knew...but felt like I did...I am crying like a baby and praying for strength and love to surround Sylvia's son and family...:( :( May God always bless her son and bring him peace....And dear Sylvia...You are with God...and rightly so!! I pray for peace and strength for this family....and God's eternal love for Sylvia.

I am sobbing as I write this. How blessed we were to have Sylvia as a part of the DIS family. Her positive spirit was, and will continue to be, such an inspiration.

May our prayers comfort Sylvia's family and friends during this time of sorrow and may they find comfort in the knowledge that they will be reunited again. What a wonderful promise.

Dan, we know you are hurting now...you are such a gentle, kind man. Thank you for opening your heart to others so willingly. You always kept us posted on Sylvia, allowing us to keep her in our hearts and prayers. I will never see Eeyore again without thinking of Sylvia and her dear Nick...I doubt I am alone in this thought.

Nicki

I went back and did a search. Her last post to the Dis board was on May 7, a month ago today. So very sad. My heart breaks for her son. My prayers are with him and her.

Thanks Dan,

Oh no.. I knew when I saw this thread what it would contain. I'm so sad.. what awful news. :( I'll keep Nick and the rest of Sylvia's family in my prayers.

As I sit here, I am crying for someone that I really never knew. Rest in Peace Sylvia.

I am so sorry to hear this. Sylvia was a great asset to the DIS, and to the world in general, and will be missed. My condolences to her family. :(

May God be with Sylvia's family, especially Nick, in the days and months ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter