I Feel As If My World Has Collapsed

There were several other threads but this one is the one that really shows this situation in all it’s dysfunction. By the end of it, many posters weren’t even convinced it was possible this could even be real. And not a single one thought it was a good idea. Forget the whole “don’t listen to strangers on the Internet” thing, which is generally advice I agree with. NO ONE thought this was a good situation and he was a good catch.

I really hope for the sake of the OP that she is just trolling us and none of this is real. It reads like a middle schooler's terrible creative writing assignment but I also know people IRL so broken and disfunctional they jump from relationship to relationship because they are afraid to just be alone.

Either way the husband swapping pics or whatever else happened is a symptom of the disease, not the underlying disease itself.

If this OP is real and not trolling we won't hear back from her because she doesn't want the truth. She will pop up at some point with a new failed relationship in the making.

Last edited:
Wow. I remember that thread. Unfortunately, it was one in a string of them that brought the issues the OP struggles with to light. It is so interesting to read in the context of what is going on now. I hope the OP reads through it. This is just really sad.

Yes it is so sad! All of this is. Anyways if this is for real I do hope that she is taking some time to figure it all out and what is best for her to do.

After reading most of that thread, I had to stop, the dysfunction was just screaming.

It just drips of codependency & brokenness. I feel more pity now than impatience at her plight.
Intense IC is really needed.

I apologize for my absence. It has been an issue of we have been cooped up together, such bad timing for vacations for sure.

My step-daughters called a "family meeting" about this and we all sat down and had a discussion. They are furious with him over this. (and no, I don't expect them to take my side if things get ugly). One of them has gone back to her mother's house and the other is staying with her boyfriend right now.

We are now "empty nesters", but we are back to "daily life". He went to work today and I worked from home. It is weird that he will be coming home and it will be just us. I guess tonight is the first night we will be truly alone together after this whole ordeal started.

I have had all sorts of thoughts running through my head all last week. I know I have to be protected and prepared for the worst.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter