I don’t know where we’re staying, but I know where we’re eating! May 2011 *NEW 5/10!

These are all on my must do snack list too! Although, instead of the caramel cupcake I was eyeing a cookie with caramel in the middle on someone's TR. And I'm going to be a little realistic about the butterfinger cupcake--I want to try it ssssoooo bad, but if DD and DH aren't willing to share it with me, then I'm gonna pass. No way could I even eat half of that by myself and I'd feel bad wasting part of it! Have you seen pics of the cupcakes at that little bakery in AK? They look really good too.

As far as not sweet snacks goes, I saw someone mentioning a jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel at AK. That one made my list!

I think everything at the caramel store is on my list- it all looks delicious!

This jalapeno pretzel is getting a lot of recommendations- guess that's going on the list, too ;)

ohhh yum on the snacks! i'm def going to try to do the same! can you only find the zebra domes at AKL??

and that jalapeno stuffed pretzel sounds delish!!!

I think zebra domes are only at Boma and the Mara at AKL. Could be wrong, though...

Some of the snacks I enjoyed....

American Dream in Epcot's WS. This is vanilla soft serve with a blue (I think it is raspberry) slushy and a (I think cherry) red slushy. Layered like the colors of the flag. Sweet and cold.

White Chocolate Elephant cupcake in AK. This is pretty yummy. It has like a german chocolate (coconut type) filling in the center. It is topped with a white chocolate elephant lollipop.

Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel in AK. I think these could be in other places, but I always end up getting it at a cart just down from where I get the elephant cupcake. I think I enjoy this more when it is cold. When it was super hot in September, the hot gooey cheese was not all that appealing.

I honestly have never eaten much at AK- so maybe exploring snacks in that park can be a new adventure this time...

Those cupcakes at Starring Rolls are amazing!! We also love going to the Writer's Stop in DHS-- I love the carrot cake cookie and DBF likes the chocolate chip muffin-- pretty basic, but it's usually served cold and sooo good on a hot day! I also think that dole whips (basic, non-float for me!) are one of the hyped things on the Dis that totally deserve the hype! Love it!

Ooh, we took a break at the Writer's Stop last trip and had a frozen cappuccino thing.We didn't get any treats, though- and they did look pretty yummy!

The school bread is really good! I was surprised at how much I liked it because I don't like coconut. It's a lot bigger than I imagined, too! :laughing:

The butterfinger cupcake is really good too! It's huge though - definitely get a box to go or share it with Ben. :thumbsup2

Another thing that's a surprisingly good snack is an order of egg rolls at the Yak & Yeti CS place in AK. You get two to an order and they are really tasty. Of course, my most favorite snack will always be the Napoleon from the bakery in France! :cloud9:

I think I'll have to share with Ben a lot... hopefully he's on board with the snacks I pick!

Egg rolls- yum! I'm learning a lot about food at the AK, I feel bad for neglecting it in the past :rotfl:

I am not a huge fan of coconut, but OMG the schoolhouse bread....one of the best dessert items I have eaten @ WDW, love it. Fiance had the sweet pretzel (its layered with all different chocolates I think) that was to die for too! The lady at the bakery actually said the 2 things that we got were the most ordered items. But everything in that bakery looks good!

I like coconut a lot, so it sounds like school bread should be pretty amazing!
I love bakeries so much... :lovestruc

Since my last post was very food related, it is extra fitting that one of the highlights of my weekend was finding these delicious treats at an Asian supermarket near my house:

meiji_hello_panda.jpg

They are amazing cookies with chocolate cream inside. We first found them at the Mistukoshi store in Japan in Epcot.

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

The boxes we found at the store are about 5 x bigger, and cost less than the WDW ones... mmmm, Hello Panda!

Ben and I spent a little time today working on trip planning. We added up our food costs to compare with the Dining Plan. Turns out the cost of our meals would be about the same as the cost of the DP, so we are skipping the plan. This way we'll have more flexibility with sharing meals when we're not that hungry and save some money, too.

We also changed our arrival day plans! We had originally planned on heading right to MK once we checked in. We were going to have lunch at the Plaza Restaurant, a break at the hotel, then back to MK for the late night EMH.

But.... we have now decided to head to DHS instead and we'll be eating dinner at Jiko! I'm excited to try another new restaurant, and to spend more time at AKL. After dinner, we'll head to MK since the park is open till 2am (as long as we take a nap at some point!)

A bonus of this switcharoo is that the Wednesday that was going to be a DHS day is now a Typhoon Lagoon day! I am very proud that I managed to get both water parks into this trip, and soooooo excited to go back to TL!

I can't wait to hear about your dinner at Jiko. I was thisclose to getting an ADR there for the honeymoon but I decided against it. I still really want to try it sometime, though. :thumbsup2

Oooh thats a great snack list. The Butterfinger Cupcake looks sooooo good and sooooooooo bad all at the same time :laughing: Love those Panda snacks too, I went nuts for them when I first went to Singapore.

I can't wait to hear about your dinner at Jiko. I was thisclose to getting an ADR there for the honeymoon but I decided against it. I still really want to try it sometime, though. :thumbsup2

Jiko was Ben's pick. Which is funny because I had never considered it to be an option cause I didn't think he'd like it. We went to Boma years ago and Ben did not enjoy it at all, which I thought was because of the African food. But it was just that he didn't like that food, not that he was against that type of food. So Jiko it is!

Oooh thats a great snack list. The Butterfinger Cupcake looks sooooo good and sooooooooo bad all at the same time :laughing: Love those Panda snacks too, I went nuts for them when I first went to Singapore.

I think the Butterfinger cupcake may have to be my lunch... certainly too much for a snack!

I brought a pack of Hello Panda cookies to work today and it turns out one of my co-workers used to drive an hour out of her way to get them! I guess they are some yummy cookies!

Having been to WDW 9 times (I think… I might be missing one in that count), I sometimes feel like I’ve done it all. But when I stop to think about it, I tend to do the same things over and over. Whether it’s a favorite restaurant or attraction, it makes sense that I keep going back to the things I like. But… maybe it would be more fun to do new stuff!

We are already doing a pretty good job with new places to eat, and we are taking some backstage tours which we haven’t done before. But attractions at the parks are a different story. If you’ve read my past TR, you might remember that there are certain headliner attractions we skip because we’ve done them and just didn’t care for them. But there are some things that I’ve never tried and just wrote off as “eh, we wouldn’t like that”. But if we haven’t done it, how would I know that? So, I’ve come up with a list of new things that we must do this time!

The list is mostly stuff in the Magic Kingdom:
Liberty Belle Riverboat- It looks so pretty, and like a relaxing way to spend some time in the MK.
Hall of Presidents- I assume I will be bored, but I am open to being proven wrong!
Dumbo- I may feel silly waiting in line with no kids, but I am determined to ride this thing once and for all!

There’s only one new thing I have thought of to check out in Epcot:
American Adventure- I know I am supposed to like it because it is patriotic. But I always assumed this would be boring, too. Once again, I hope I am wrong here!

At the Animal Kingdom:
Finding Nemo the Musical- it was new on our last trip, and after Ben didn’t really care about FotLK, I didn’t bother trying to squeeze this show in. But I want to see it in case I end up loving it!

That’s the list so far. There are other things- like a whole bunch of World Showcase entertainment that I want to catch this time, too.
And if I can get over being embarrassed, I also may try to get character autographs this time (this will involve actually making an effort to meet characters)

What do you think? Any things you’ve missed in the past that you’d like to give a chance?

Don't be embarassed to meet the characters... I've stood in line by MYSELF to do just that and no one even looked at me strange! :rotfl: Hey, it's Disney, right?! We can get away with more there!

A little cruise on the Liberty Belle sounds like a pretty fantastic way to spend time to me :lovestruc Im relaxed just thinking about it... Hall of Presidents (I felt the same way you did) actually really opened me up the last few times Ive experienced it. I somehow end up crying towards the end when they highlight America overcoming tragedy... you'll see what I mean. Its a really great experience- and nice to sit in the AC for a few minutes as well! ;)

Great updates girly - Im jealous! Ive got some pretty sweet Give A Hoot pics coming your way soon --

I love your idea of trying new attractions.

I actually liked the Riverboat. It's not something I would stand in line and wait for but if I just happened to be passing by when they were loading, I would definitely hop on! You can get some pretty great photographs, too!

I didn't care much for Hall of Presidents. But then again, history has never really been my thing.

I know exactly how you feel about Dumbo, I may ride it this time, if only to get a glimpse of the construction. :laughing:

As far as American Adventure, I liked it more than Hall of Presidents but I liked the singers a lot better than the show.

IMHO, FotLK is WAYYYYY better than Nemo!

I agree with the PP who said that the riverboat isn't worth waiting for, but if you can get off the Haunted Mansion right when the boat is loading, it's best. If anything else, it's a chance to get off your feet. It's pretty scenic.
I actually love the HoP and American Adventure. I think if you get into the right patriotic mindset, they are both really moving. Who doesn't love the sound of Morgan Freeman's voice? Again, too-- AC and being seated for awhile is worth it anyway (if for only that).

Great first time must do's :)

The LBRB is a really lovely relaxing ride and you can get some really great photos from up top.

Dumbo is a must do for us this year, hope you get to do it too :)

We tried out FN last year and it was a good show, colourful with some catchy songs, but as Disneycrafter says it has nothing on FotLK.

Don't be embarassed to meet the characters... I've stood in line by MYSELF to do just that and no one even looked at me strange! :rotfl: Hey, it's Disney, right?! We can get away with more there!

There was one trip where a friend and I kept finding princesses in Epcot with no lines, and I was brave enough to meet them then. I know I can do it again!

A little cruise on the Liberty Belle sounds like a pretty fantastic way to spend time to me :lovestruc Im relaxed just thinking about it... Hall of Presidents (I felt the same way you did) actually really opened me up the last few times Ive experienced it. I somehow end up crying towards the end when they highlight America overcoming tragedy... you'll see what I mean. Its a really great experience- and nice to sit in the AC for a few minutes as well! ;)

Great updates girly - Im jealous! Ive got some pretty sweet Give A Hoot pics coming your way soon --

I'm not much of a crier, so if I cry during any attraction this trip, I promise to take a picture!

I actually liked the Riverboat. It's not something I would stand in line and wait for but if I just happened to be passing by when they were loading, I would definitely hop on! You can get some pretty great photographs, too!

I didn't care much for Hall of Presidents. But then again, history has never really been my thing.

I know exactly how you feel about Dumbo, I may ride it this time, if only to get a glimpse of the construction. :laughing:

As far as American Adventure, I liked it more than Hall of Presidents but I liked the singers a lot better than the show.

Haha, Ben may hate me for dragging him to Nemo... oh well :confused3

I am hoping the Fantasyland construction is more interesting this time around. Back in September, there was nothing to see- just walls, walls and more walls.

I agree with the PP who said that the riverboat isn't worth waiting for, but if you can get off the Haunted Mansion right when the boat is loading, it's best. If anything else, it's a chance to get off your feet. It's pretty scenic.
I actually love the HoP and American Adventure. I think if you get into the right patriotic mindset, they are both really moving. Who doesn't love the sound of Morgan Freeman's voice? Again, too-- AC and being seated for awhile is worth it anyway (if for only that).

I can't believe I've never been on the riverboat... I am actually really looking forward to it!

Great first time must do's :)

The LBRB is a really lovely relaxing ride and you can get some really great photos from up top.

Dumbo is a must do for us this year, hope you get to do it too :)

We tried out FN last year and it was a good show, colourful with some catchy songs, but as Disneycrafter says it has nothing on FotLK.

I think the best thing about this list is that none of them should have long waits, so they'll be good for trying anytime we want (as long as we time them right- they are mostly shows). Oh, except for Dumbo. I think I know where we're headed when at MK opening...

I find it hard to believe that after 10+ trips to disney there is still so much I haven't seen or done! Some things on my list are the Finding Nemo musical, LMA stunt show, Indiana Jones and explore more of WS.

I find it hard to believe that after 10+ trips to disney there is still so much I haven't seen or done! Some things on my list are the Finding Nemo musical, LMA stunt show, Indiana Jones and explore more of WS.

That's one of the great things about Disney- there's always something that you haven't done yet!

I forgot about LMA... I did see it when it was new, but Ben has not. Though Ben seems to be pretty firm in his non-interest in shows- even stunt ones.

I just finished reading your trip report from September and it was awesome. I look forward to your next trip!!

We are at 69 days today and I swear that number feels like a longer wait than ever! What is wrong with the way time goes by when there's a WDW trip planned? It doesn't help that Ben gets to go to New Orleans in a few weeks for a bachelor party and I don't get to go anywhere! Can I really make it 2.5 more months??

It will go by fast! and 2.5 months? I feel your pain...truly I do. It is hard to wait... no matter how long.

Since my last post was very food related, it is extra fitting that one of the highlights of my weekend was finding these delicious treats at an Asian supermarket near my house:

meiji_hello_panda.jpg

They are amazing cookies with chocolate cream inside. We first found them at the Mistukoshi store in Japan in Epcot.

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

The boxes we found at the store are about 5 x bigger, and cost less than the WDW ones... mmmm, Hello Panda!

We have a Uwajimaya store in Seattle. (sorry not sure on the spelling) I know we have seen stuff there that was WAY cheaper than in Epcot... and just as good. ;)

Ben and I spent a little time today working on trip planning. We added up our food costs to compare with the Dining Plan. Turns out the cost of our meals would be about the same as the cost of the DP, so we are skipping the plan. This way we'll have more flexibility with sharing meals when we're not that hungry and save some money, too.

I know there is always debate regarding the dp. " does it actually save money" "does it make you eat more than you normally would" For us, it seems a good fit, but for the exact reasons you mention (flexibility, sharing meals when not hungry...etc) I wonder if at some point I too will opt out of it. :rolleyes1 Course, I think it would have to be on a trip without a full crew. The one trip we didn't use the dp... our food costs including tip were double what we just payed to add the dp onto our reservation. I remember keeping myself to a minimum... but my dh and boys... they just eat. :rotfl:

We also changed our arrival day plans! We had originally planned on heading right to MK once we checked in. We were going to have lunch at the Plaza Restaurant, a break at the hotel, then back to MK for the late night EMH.

But.... we have now decided to head to DHS instead and we'll be eating dinner at Jiko! I'm excited to try another new restaurant, and to spend more time at AKL. After dinner, we'll head to MK since the park is open till 2am (as long as we take a nap at some point!)

Oh! Congrats on the new restaurant ADR. I really look forward to reading all about what you think of Jiko!

A bonus of this switcharoo is that the Wednesday that was going to be a DHS day is now a Typhoon Lagoon day! I am very proud that I managed to get both water parks into this trip, and soooooo excited to go back to TL!
:woohoo: that is very cool you are fitting both water parks in. I can't wait to read your report on them. (I have never been to either)

Having been to WDW 9 times (I think… I might be missing one in that count), I sometimes feel like I’ve done it all. But when I stop to think about it, I tend to do the same things over and over. Whether it’s a favorite restaurant or attraction, it makes sense that I keep going back to the things I like. But… maybe it would be more fun to do new stuff!

The list is mostly stuff in the Magic Kingdom:
Liberty Belle Riverboat- It looks so pretty, and like a relaxing way to spend some time in the MK.
Hall of Presidents- I assume I will be bored, but I am open to being proven wrong!
Dumbo- I may feel silly waiting in line with no kids, but I am determined to ride this thing once and for all!

There’s only one new thing I have thought of to check out in Epcot:
American Adventure- I know I am supposed to like it because it is patriotic. But I always assumed this would be boring, too. Once again, I hope I am wrong here!

At the Animal Kingdom:
Finding Nemo the Musical- it was new on our last trip, and after Ben didn’t really care about FotLK, I didn’t bother trying to squeeze this show in. But I want to see it in case I end up loving it!

That’s the list so far. There are other things- like a whole bunch of World Showcase entertainment that I want to catch this time, too.
And if I can get over being embarrassed, I also may try to get character autographs this time (this will involve actually making an effort to meet characters)

What do you think? Any things you’ve missed in the past that you’d like to give a chance?

I have done the riverboat. It was ok... and I would do it again in order to have a moment to relax. I definitely would think it is something to mark off your to do list... just not a "do this over all else" type of thing.

HOP is a must for us EVERY trip. Not only is is nice and cool in there for on hot days, but... as mentioned.. it is kinda an emotional show. I NEVER cry in public. This... it causes me to have to fight from tearing up. Very moving.

Dumbo is definitely an iconic ride that has to be done once or twice... or.. Well, I guess we HAVE to do it once each trip. It isn't something I LOVE, but... again.. iconic..so have to. ;)

American Adventure. Hmm... as much as I love HOP... I don't care for this one as much. The theater is super cool though. The show in the lobby is great. I would definitely go for the show in the lobby... :rotfl: then maybe duck out before actually entering the theater.

Nemo... it is one of my favorite shows. I am all about the shows though and try not to miss a single one on each trip. I also love musicals. (strange, I know) I only really like one show over this... and it is the Aladdin one that is/was in DCA.

And... as for characters. It is on my list of things for next trip. If you remember my TR... about the only pics taken of me are the ones where a pp photographer snapped one of me with a character. I didn't get nearly enough pics last trip to justify the cost of the pp disc... but since they were the only pics of me.. I had to.

Isn't it funny how people can have opposite preferences at WDW? I think that is what keeps me going back. Something for everyone.

I just finished reading your trip report from September and it was awesome. I look forward to your next trip!!

Welcome!!! So excited to have you over here, and thank you for your very kind words about my last trip report.
I hope this next trip lives up to the last (with just a few differences, of course:lmao: )

Isn't it funny how people can have opposite preferences at WDW? I think that is what keeps me going back. Something for everyone.

That is exactly why I am going to make a point of trying these things out this time- I don't know what I am missing until I try it!

Though I did have a dream that we waited in line for Sounds Dangerous, only t remember that we had seen it before, so we got out of line. Pretty weird dream, huh?

Though I did have a dream that we waited in line for Sounds Dangerous, only t remember that we had seen it before, so we got out of line. Pretty weird dream, huh?

:rotfl: Disney dreams can be so weird. I had a dream that our trip was almost over and we had not gone to the parks yet...or had any meals at any restaurants. Weird dreams....

This has been one week that sure flew by! Working a LOT and being busy with a few other things helps the time pass, at least.

I've obviously been thinking about our trip pretty much constantly, and as the countdown changes I got to thinking... my favorite time of "trip waiting" is probably the last month or so before. Sure, the best part is actually leaving for WDW, but in a way, the last month before is a little better. Think I'm crazy? You're probably right... but hear me out: once you leave for a trip, you're already on your way to it being over (depressing thought, huh?). But when you are in that last month, it's all packing and shopping and anticipation!

The shopping part is well under way- I received a package from the Disney Store yesterday with these beauties inside:

104927M

I love this tank, but it is very lightweight- to the point of being see through in spots!

104898M

How cute are they?

And I had to get something for Ben, too:

104437MS

Which he was happy with, though it is a bit brighter red than he'd like. We are hoping it fades just a smidge!

In other news, we applied for the Disney Visa card, in part because of the $100 gift card they were offering. And we can use the Disney rewards towards our DVC annual dues. We are cutting it close to the trip as far as getting the gift card before we go. But I think it is safe to say that even if we can't use it this time, we'll get to use it on a future trip ;)

There is also a slight chance that we will be adding another day on to this "short trip". I don't want to speak to soon and jinx it, but I will have details later when we know more!

And in non trip related news: we bought furniture this weekend! Since buying our house 3 years ago, our bedroom set is the only furniture we purchased new. It was high time we got around to decorating our house! Our lovely new living room and dining room sets should be arriving in a week and a half. We're going to use the time before it gets here to paint both of those rooms. I will definitely share pictures of these projects!

:rotfl: Disney dreams can be so weird. I had a dream that our trip was almost over and we had not gone to the parks yet...or had any meals at any restaurants. Weird dreams....

That is my recurring WDW nightmare! I almost never have good dreams about Disney- they are usually frustrating and sad. At least the real thing usually isn't!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter