I don’t know where we’re staying, but I know where we’re eating! May 2011 *NEW 5/10!

That is great news!!! :woohoo: And the dungeon story had me cracking up! :lmao:

Best news I'd had all week, that's for sure! :thumbsup2

LOL-- my Trekkie DBF LOVES the Warf reference! How awesome though-- 2.5 more days!! Maybe another shot at TSMM? ;)

Haha, Ben and I are both kinda Star Trek nerds. And I heard the guy later when I got home- it was an accurate description!

With that much extra time, maybe we will get on TSMM again. I just have to avoid agreeing to another 120 minute wait...

Yay for adding two extra days :yay: Wonder what you will do with those extra days :teeth:

Too funny about the "DVC" line :laughing:

I've already got some plans!

:woohoo: a couple more days!!!

Too funny about the phone call!!! :rotfl:

Yay for the extra 2.5 days!!! :yay:

I am sooooo excited!

Breaking news: I know where we're staying!

We (Ben, actually- I was at work) called to add the days to our DVC stay, and there was still no availability at Boardwalk (no surprise there!) Soooooo... Ben had them cancel the wait list. We are official:
5/1-5/8 at Kidani Village!

While he was at it, he also updated our new flight info for ME departure. Way to go, Ben. Next thing you know, he'll be writing the trip reports!

These extra days mean lots of things: a few more ADRs, more resort time, and a water park (or two...)! Take a look at our next day plans:

Day 6: 5/6
Just a day ago, this was to be the day we flew home. We would have been heading to the airport around 11:30am, so we weren't planning on going to a park. It wasn't an actual Disney day at all!

Here's what I'm thinking now:
We'll sleep in, as late as our little hearts desire. Once we're up, we'll head over to Epcot. Looking at the earlier plans, we weren't giving Epcot enough love.
We have a 1pm lunch at San Angel Inn. This is a first for me, and I have always wanted to try it- the atmosphere is just really neat in the Mexico pavillion! Ben has eaten here before, but was too young to remember much about it.
I picked lunch because I thought it would be a nice cool break from the heat I am expecting (flash backs to melting around the World Showcase in September).

Nothing is planned after lunch, so we might poke around World Showcase a little, or enjoy more resort time.

With this big change of plans, I've had to do some thinking about park tickets. We don't need admission for the Backstage Magic Tour, but we do need it for the Backstage Safari. We want to go to parks on our arrival day (early flight in!) and our departure day (late flight out!), so that is 7 days. But we skipped a water park last time, and it this might be as good a time as any to get some sliding and swimming fun in.
So I know we'll get park hoppers, and since water park admission is almost $50 each for one day... the Water Park and More option makes more sense. We could even go to both parks. But if we go to a water park, we won't need theme park admission that day. Unless we also wanted to be able to go to another park after the water park. Hmmmm...
Sometimes I really miss the old length-of-stay ticket system, ya know?

Yay for extra days at Disney! And what a sweet hubby you have for taking it upon himself to arrange it all :goodvibes

One thing though--I think a single admission to a waterpark is like $38 or $39. In that case, the WPF&M option ($54) would make more sense if you were going to go to a waterpark more than one time during your stay.

Yay for extra days at Disney! And what a sweet hubby you have for taking it upon himself to arrange it all :goodvibes

One thing though--I think a single admission to a waterpark is like $38 or $39. In that case, the WPF&M option ($54) would make more sense if you were going to go to a waterpark more than one time during your stay.

Ben's the best! He's the official "taker carer of stuff that needs to happen" in our house hold :rotfl:

On the WDW website, the water park single admission is listed as $46 (before tax), but they don't sell them online, apparently. Is there a cheaper place to get them?
Let me add that I got so confused looking at ticket options, I could be completely wrong about lots of stuff!

I have to say... im all caught up and excited for your trip! I like the PTRs, but im PSYCHED for the Trip Report! Kidani looks amazing and Id love to see what its all about :)

(hopefully the room will be a little nicer, but we wont re-visit that debacle from last time)

Im back & reading along! <3 Try stay warm in this frozen tundra. Its as if we live in Minnesota, not Massachusetts - right?!

Ben's the best! He's the official "taker carer of stuff that needs to happen" in our house hold :rotfl:

On the WDW website, the water park single admission is listed as $46 (before tax), but they don't sell them online, apparently. Is there a cheaper place to get them?
Let me add that I got so confused looking at ticket options, I could be completely wrong about lots of stuff!

Well it would seem that the water park prices have increased from last year! I know that the prices were lower, so it only made sense to get that option if you were going to go to a water park more than once. But now that they have raised the price to $48 (wow!!) then you're right, why not go ahead and get the WPF&M for just a few dollars more. Sheesh Disney, as if they weren't getting enough of our money already, huh??

Yay Ben! :woohoo: He's doing some excellent trip planning!

I've hear SAI is best at lunch, so I think you made a good choice, there. :thumbsup2

Oooh, love hearing that I made a good choice!

I have to say... im all caught up and excited for your trip! I like the PTRs, but im PSYCHED for the Trip Report! Kidani looks amazing and Id love to see what its all about :)

(hopefully the room will be a little nicer, but we wont re-visit that debacle from last time)

Im back & reading along! <3 Try stay warm in this frozen tundra. Its as if we live in Minnesota, not Massachusetts - right?!

Haha, the dirty room escapade has officially become a "wasn't that funny when..." story. No hard feelings to the Poly, anymore.

Well it would seem that the water park prices have increased from last year! I know that the prices were lower, so it only made sense to get that option if you were going to go to a water park more than once. But now that they have raised the price to $48 (wow!!) then you're right, why not go ahead and get the WPF&M for just a few dollars more. Sheesh Disney, as if they weren't getting enough of our money already, huh??

That is a crazy price hike! Why on earth would they not make it cheaper to go just once to a water park? I think we'll definitely get the WPF&M, maybe try to squeeze in a bit of time at both water parks. May as well throw Disney Quest in there, too...

:offtopic: Morning Girlfriend!

Did you guys get snow today? Woke up to Kris shoveling the driveway AGAIN here on the south shore. How is it closer to Boston? I told him about Ben's newer countdown drawings (dual snowmen) and mentioned we needed a countdown of our own to compete! :goodvibes No plans yet, but maybe I can work the Valentines Day angle! Someday we'll have to get a picture of them both wearing the Give a Hoot Tee's. (dorks!)

Anway: Found this HILARIOUS and thought as an animal lover you'd laugh as hard as I did. http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/11/dogs-dont-understand-basic-concepts.html

Stay warm today & think Disney thoughts! <3

:yay: for 2.5 extra days and :woohoo: for Kidani! at least you can put all your effort into getting excited about AKL now! I recently spotted a picture of these really amazing donuts from Sanaa I think, if thats your cup of tea you could add it to the long list of things that are amazing about AKL!:banana:

My family are going to AKL to look around and get a few photo's on their trip in May, they thought of staying there originally but with so many other parts of the trip (Dublin, Diney, Miami, Keys, I drive)they decided it was stretching the budget too far, they'd rather keep all their kidney's :rotfl:and go with Port Orleans for 5 days, which they are super excited about anyway!

Great countdown Snowman by Ben, you are so lucky to have such a proactive and creative Disney conspirator!:goodvibes

Day 6 sounds good :) The ticket types sound so confusing, here we have two different types the 7 day or the 14 day ultimate which is all parks anytime any day.

:offtopic: Morning Girlfriend!

Did you guys get snow today? Woke up to Kris shoveling the driveway AGAIN here on the south shore. How is it closer to Boston? I told him about Ben's newer countdown drawings (dual snowmen) and mentioned we needed a countdown of our own to compete! :goodvibes No plans yet, but maybe I can work the Valentines Day angle! Someday we'll have to get a picture of them both wearing the Give a Hoot Tee's. (dorks!)

Anway: Found this HILARIOUS and thought as an animal lover you'd laugh as hard as I did. http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/11/dogs-dont-understand-basic-concepts.html

Stay warm today & think Disney thoughts! <3

We did have snow yesterday- not a ton, but enough to have to shovel. I wouldn't mind except that it means I have to get up earlier for work and I am not a morning person. At. All.

It would be great for Ben to meet a fellow Give a Hootian!

OMG, that link was amazing!!! My dog is a mix of those two- I can totally relate! Thanks for sharing :laughing:

:yay: for 2.5 extra days and :woohoo: for Kidani! at least you can put all your effort into getting excited about AKL now! I recently spotted a picture of these really amazing donuts from Sanaa I think, if thats your cup of tea you could add it to the long list of things that are amazing about AKL!:banana:

My family are going to AKL to look around and get a few photo's on their trip in May, they thought of staying there originally but with so many other parts of the trip (Dublin, Diney, Miami, Keys, I drive)they decided it was stretching the budget too far, they'd rather keep all their kidney's :rotfl:and go with Port Orleans for 5 days, which they are super excited about anyway!

Great countdown Snowman by Ben, you are so lucky to have such a proactive and creative Disney conspirator!:goodvibes

You said the words "Sanaa" and "donut": sounds like perfection! Can't wait to check it out :goodvibes

Your family has quite a trip planned! I suppose it was a smart idea to opt for PO instead of Kidani.

Day 6 sounds good :) The ticket types sound so confusing, here we have two different types the 7 day or the 14 day ultimate which is all parks anytime any day.

They are soooo confusing! I love the sound of the tickets you can get...
We used to have length of stay passes that started when you checked in and ended midnight of your checkout day. You could park hop with them, and it was so easy!

I think my calendar is broken, cause it feels like it should be May already, but every time I look at it, it still says February. :confused3

But we are finally out of the Snowmens (the 80s). The 70s don't have a mascot yet, but I will definitely share if they get one!

Here are our new last full day plans:
Day 7: 5/7

We're going to a water park! :woohoo: It's been about 4 years since I've visited either Disney WP, and I am excited! The only downfall is that Ben has never been to Blizzard Beach, and wants to go there. I happen to love Typhoon Lagoon 10000x more than Blizzard Beach. But a marriage is all about compromise, and he did play a big role in extending our trip... so Blizzard Beach it is (I would be lying if I didn't say that I am still trying to fit TL somewhere else in the trip, since we'll have the WPF&M option on our tickets and all)

We'll definitely get to the park at opening, and in my experience, should be able to get through the slides pretty quickly before crowds get too big. I'm guessing we'll stay till a little after lunch, then head back to Kidani to rest a bit and get ready for...

7:35 Dinner at California Grill! :love:
Ben has never been here, as we skipped it on both of the trips we took together. As soon as I knew we had an open dinner with the added days, I pulled op the Cali Grill menu and showed it to Ben. I warned him: "It's kinda expensive..." and he said "It's our anniversary trip, just do it!"
And I got the ADR for just when I wanted it!

Ben also requested a meal at Kona, which we both love but hadn't planned on doing this trip. We'll have dinner there the day before this one (Friday)

I had started off by not planning too many ADRs, wanting to keep us fairly unplanned for the short trip. But once the trip got longer, I seem to have thrown that idea out the window!

Up next, our actual last day plans...

I must admit it took me way too long to understand the snowman reference! :sad2:

Your day sounds like lots of fun! And yay for getting an ADR at Cali Grill only a few months out. :woohoo: I couldn't even get one for the exact time I wanted for the disneymoon on our ADR day. :sad1:

OOoh! A waterpark! I am not much of a swimmer, but Disney's water parks are tempting! I am glad you booked the CA grill as well... We are eating there in a few weeks and I can't wait! =) Love all the plans so far!

That must be part of the fun of DVC-- you can compromise on going to Blizzard Beach since you know you'll be back to enjoy Typhoon Lagoon soon enough!
We can't wait to go to CG in August!! The menu looks delicious-- perfect for an anniversary dinner!

Hi,

I just found your PTR. First, I am so sorry to hear about Otis. We lost our Gus this year to the same thing. :(

Your plans sound great. I think you will like the Backstage Magic Tour. We've taken it twice and loved it both times. Our favorite CM Tour Guide was Nancy. She's incredible. We saw such awesome stuff!

I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Ooh well done on getting CG for when you wanted it, such a great restaurant :)

I know what you mean about the months not going by fast enough. January felt like forever and it feels like we should be in the 20's rather than teens right now, but at least Feb is a short month :)

I must admit it took me way too long to understand the snowman reference! :sad2:

Your day sounds like lots of fun! And yay for getting an ADR at Cali Grill only a few months out. :woohoo: I couldn't even get one for the exact time I wanted for the disneymoon on our ADR day. :sad1:

Haha, I should've stuck the picture of the countdown in there as a reminder ;)

I was surprised that I had really good ADR luck for this trip, even booking them all when our ADR day had already past.

OOoh! A waterpark! I am not much of a swimmer, but Disney's water parks are tempting! I am glad you booked the CA grill as well... We are eating there in a few weeks and I can't wait! =) Love all the plans so far!

I love that restaurant!
I don't do water parks with the exception of Disney. They are just so fun (especially Typhoon Lagoon)

That must be part of the fun of DVC-- you can compromise on going to Blizzard Beach since you know you'll be back to enjoy Typhoon Lagoon soon enough!
We can't wait to go to CG in August!! The menu looks delicious-- perfect for an anniversary dinner!

It's true- we know we'll be back. But I think it will be a couple of years, for reals- Hilton Head is in the fall, and we want to do something tropical next year. But you never know...

Hi,

I just found your PTR. First, I am so sorry to hear about Otis. We lost our Gus this year to the same thing. :(

Your plans sound great. I think you will like the Backstage Magic Tour. We've taken it twice and loved it both times. Our favorite CM Tour Guide was Nancy. She's incredible. We saw such awesome stuff!

I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Thank you... I remember reading about Gus in your TR (or maybe it was a PTR?) when Otis first got sick. I really cherished the extra two months we got with him..

I hope Nancy is our guide for the tour!

Ooh well done on getting CG for when you wanted it, such a great restaurant :)

I know what you mean about the months not going by fast enough. January felt like forever and it feels like we should be in the 20's rather than teens right now, but at least Feb is a short month :)

Feb is short, and we have a busy April planned. So by that logic- just March to get through until our trip. :rotfl:

I've been away on vacation so I'm a bit behind so here's a whirlwind of random comments: Yay for adding extra days on to your trip! :) The next time we go to WDW, I want to go to Cali Grill but I also want to go to Narcossee's. Maybe the DxDP will be in our future. :confused3 I love the ambiance of AKL and I'm sure you'll love AKL! I've been to BB but I wasn't impressed, I want to go to Typhoon Lagoon! I'm not sure I could compromise on that so props to you! :)

I will say this, we spent one full day in Orlando on our recent vacation and that ONE day was enough for us to realize why it is we love vacationing to WDW so much! :) It's hard to visit other places when you know that you will have a great time in WDW. Ya know???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter