I Declare---A Posting War...newbies/oldies welcome

All this talk of furbabies is reminding me I miss my Kitty Chaos. He has been gone a few years now and not allowed to get another cat because of my severe allergies developed in the last 10 years. We have a dog, a belgian shepherd called Kismet. Chaos is responsible for my screen name. Chaos came before internet (at least for me). I needed an email name and all the ones I could think of were gone. My name is Penny and I often sign cards to family 1¢ or one cent. Penny & 1 cent were not available as email address so I combined Chaos & my name, ego ChaosCent. It's my screen name on most everthing I do. :goodvibes Have a nice day, off to work. Penny:hippie:

I understand that ... my DH became allergic to cats after leaving his parents house for college. They had 6-10 cats while he was growing up and after leaving the house he became ultra sensitive. Even so, we got a cat after we got married, we lost her in 2007. Even DD still says every now and then that she misses Casey, and she was only 4 when we lost her. They do make a lifelong impression.

We did a lot of research on cats in the last few years and found Siberians. They are called the hypoallergenic cat - a lot of them have much lower than normal levels of the feline allergen that sets most people off. We now have 2 beautiful and wonderful kitties - Milo and Kida (named from Disney's Atlantis hero and heroine). And hubby has never had even a sniffle reaction to them. A friend of ours who is even more allergic than DH often visits, and she doesn't react usually either. We do make sure to give baths often and brush them out. We worked with Lundberg Siberians in Oregon. I visit the website often to get my happy kitten fix and see all the new kittens. :love:

MiloandKida.jpg

A posting war I see your cake and hit you with something alive :lmao:
haggis1.jpg

Haggis :goodvibes

Gives new meaning to "using the WHOLE animal".

I will stick with cake ... or pie. Or both.
Might need the sugar coma to deal with Haggis nightmares. :rotfl:

UrsulasShadow said:
NOOOOOO!!!!!! No Marmite! They tried to HURT me with their evil Marmite! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Mwoachhhhaaahaaahaaahaaa!

We'll get you next time Mindy, next time.

We have a British Import store in town, and they carry Marmite. I can easily ignore it though. But I can't resist the call of a Bass Shandy, fruit pastilles, jaffa cakes, Cadbury Flake bars and occasionally some allsorts...I feel like a kid again visiting my relatives...

And Britain does have a far more interesting selection of crisps (chips for us yanks). Steak & Onion, Ketchup, BBQ Rib, Shrimp...

I understand that ... my DH became allergic to cats after leaving his parents house for college.
We did a lot of research on cats in the last few years and found Siberians. They are called the hypoallergenic cat - a lot of them have much lower than normal levels of the feline allergen that sets most people off.

These guys are ADORABLE! :lovestruc
I am super allergic as well. We had 3 cats when we got married. When my youngest also appeared to be allergic, I made the extremely painful decision to give them away. I didn't mind being on medicines to have cats, but I couldn't justify putting my baby on drugs.

Yet, even though my boys were only 2 and 5, they still talk about the cats with fondness (my 'kids' are now 19 & 22).
I would love to learn more about these cats- and will do some research as well. Not so much for me & DH- we'll probably not get a pet at this point. But both boys want to have cats- and that would mean I could never visit them! :sad2:

Thanks!!

I like your sn and I am sorry you miss ur kitty. I lost my 21 year old cat Tigger about a year and half ago. Even with my new additions(Princess & Tinkerbell) , she was so special, I miss her still too.

It's hard when you lose a beloved pet. But it is also nice when you remember them so fondly. I ended up talking with DH about Chaos and how we miss him after I posted on the boards. Wow, 21 years, that's a long time. I am sure your two new furbabies are keeping you busy. :goodvibes Penny:hippie:

I understand that ... my DH became allergic to cats after leaving his parents house for college. They had 6-10 cats while he was growing up and after leaving the house he became ultra sensitive. Even so, we got a cat after we got married, we lost her in 2007. Even DD still says every now and then that she misses Casey, and she was only 4 when we lost her. They do make a lifelong impression.

We did a lot of research on cats in the last few years and found Siberians. They are called the hypoallergenic cat - a lot of them have much lower than normal levels of the feline allergen that sets most people off. We now have 2 beautiful and wonderful kitties - Milo and Kida (named from Disney's Atlantis hero and heroine). And hubby has never had even a sniffle reaction to them. A friend of ours who is even more allergic than DH often visits, and she doesn't react usually either. We do make sure to give baths often and brush them out. We worked with Lundberg Siberians in Oregon. I visit the website often to get my happy kitten fix and see all the new kittens. :love:

Wow, what beautiful kitty kats. Thank you for the suggestion. DH really wants another cat and I feel bad that we can't have one. The good thing about my newly developed allergies (COPD) is that I was forced to stop smoking 3 years ago on 3/1 (after 3 visits to the hospital). Oregon is very far away, but I bet I could probably find Siberians in PA. Thanks so much for the suggestion. :goodvibes

& DH made a wonderful chicken with all the trimmings for Dinner tonight. It was yummy, but no cake or pie. :sad2:
& lastly, I am the pickiest eater in the world. I don't eat fish, most vegatables, lamb, sausage, most steaks, venison and so on. But I love :lovestruc:banana:Scrapple. :rolleyes1Chalk it up to growing up in the Philly area I guess. :scared1: Penny

Ugh you guys won't belive what i did i had a ton of stuff i put down in a notepad on my computer my computer froze and i lost it. GRRRRR
It was for the dis index thread.

These guys are ADORABLE! :lovestruc
I am super allergic as well. We had 3 cats when we got married. When my youngest also appeared to be allergic, I made the extremely painful decision to give them away. I didn't mind being on medicines to have cats, but I couldn't justify putting my baby on drugs.

Yet, even though my boys were only 2 and 5, they still talk about the cats with fondness (my 'kids' are now 19 & 22).
I would love to learn more about these cats- and will do some research as well. Not so much for me & DH- we'll probably not get a pet at this point. But both boys want to have cats- and that would mean I could never visit them! :sad2:

Thanks!!

No problem ;). We almost had to do that also - give Casey away. DH actually got more allergic to cats on his allergy tests over a 3 year period and his Dr. told him if it got any worse, no cats. Tom Lundberg's hobby is Siberian cat genetics. He does a lot of work to get the best possible outcome on his kittens. His kittens can cost a bit more than others, but he actually works with the local university to have testing done to make sure his kittens are lower allergen. Even with all the work and planning he does, some kittens are still higher than others and he won't place those in an allergy home.

Wow, what beautiful kitty kats. Thank you for the suggestion. DH really wants another cat and I feel bad that we can't have one. The good thing about my newly developed allergies (COPD) is that I was forced to stop smoking 3 years ago on 3/1 (after 3 visits to the hospital). Oregon is very far away, but I bet I could probably find Siberians in PA. Thanks so much for the suggestion. :goodvibes

Tom has clients as far away as New York. Or I am sure he would be able to recommend someone closer to you. He was wonderful to work with. He really cares a lot about making sure his kittens get a good home and that they truly are lower allergen for those that need it.

And I have to say our to kittys are exceptional personality wise, IMHO. Milo is a huge kitty at 14lbs. But the gentlest kitty. DD and DS can get a little rough with him some times, and never a bite, hiss or even a scratch. Not once, even when we think he should to teach them lesson! And Kida, she is so funny. She is the 'evil' kitty. If they are doing something they shouldn't, she started it. She is half Milo's size, literally, at 7lbs. But she can kick his but if she wants to. :laughing:

Since it is close to St. Patrick's Day---

ScottishBreakfast250.jpg

(pictures from googled sites)

Battered black pudding

Wiki_black_battered.jpg

Anyone want to talk Marmite/Vegemite? :)

I've never actually tried it myself...yet. I have a feeling I will someday when some colleagues get enough beer into me.

I have a friend that now goes to Australia regularly, and I've warned him to stay away from anything ending in "-ite" that his colleagues try to get him to ingest.

Frankly, I have no idea how someone managed to take what is leftover after making beer, and get entire nations to eat it...

Vegimite is inferior IMHO ::yes::

The food of hardy natives... otherwise know as daft Scots who will eat anything :lmao:;)

And who don't wear anything under their kilts :goodvibes

Gives new meaning to "using the WHOLE animal".

I will stick with cake ... or pie. Or both.
Might need the sugar coma to deal with Haggis nightmares. :rotfl:

What about meat pies?

590215_com_meatpies.jpg

And Britain does have a far more interesting selection of crisps (chips for us yanks). Steak & Onion, Ketchup, BBQ Rib, Shrimp...

Do you mean Prawn Cocktail ;) yes we do have loads of crisps I love the roast chicken ones :love:

No problem ;). We almost had to do that also - give Casey away. DH actually got more allergic to cats on his allergy tests over a 3 year period and his Dr. told him if it got any worse, no cats. Tom Lundberg's hobby is Siberian cat genetics. He does a lot of work to get the best possible outcome on his kittens. His kittens can cost a bit more than others, but he actually works with the local university to have testing done to make sure his kittens are lower allergen. Even with all the work and planning he does, some kittens are still higher than others and he won't place those in an allergy home.

Tom has clients as far away as New York. Or I am sure he would be able to recommend someone closer to you. He was wonderful to work with. He really cares a lot about making sure his kittens get a good home and that they truly are lower allergen for those that need it.

And I have to say our to kittys are exceptional personality wise, IMHO. Milo is a huge kitty at 14lbs. But the gentlest kitty. DD and DS can get a little rough with him some times, and never a bite, hiss or even a scratch. Not once, even when we think he should to teach them lesson! And Kida, she is so funny. She is the 'evil' kitty. If they are doing something they shouldn't, she started it. She is half Milo's size, literally, at 7lbs. But she can kick his but if she wants to. :laughing:

They sound adorable. 14 lbs. Wow, that's bigger than some dogs. :thumbsup2 Penny

Do you mean Prawn Cocktail ;) yes we do have loads of crisps I love the roast chicken ones :love:

Yup, that's the one. There was an Indian guy but with a very thick Cockney accent that came in one time, and he was asking for Prawn Cocktail crisps...I barely understood him (and I usually don't have a problem with different accents) but it didn't help that I had never heard of them...the owner went to the back room and pulled them out.

And yup, I've had the roast chicken ones as well...I only wish I could get bigger bags (they carry the snack-sized ones).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter