I can do it AGAIN in 2012! Support welcomed!

Way to go with the weight loss, Tinkerbell - :cheer2: I'm so jealous of the snow skiing - sounds like a blast!

Congratulations on the weight loss and I'm gladd it seems to be finally snowing in the right areas for the skiers. :thumbsup2

Today has been a test! A couple of stressors tonight but I did not cave and stress eat. I had to take the night off from working out because my muscles are exhausted but I will be back at it tomorrow :) Tomorrow is a new day!

Free lunch at work today, I made that my free meal. Despite eating the free meal I still managed to maintain on the scale tonight after my workout. I ran three miles today, admittedly they were a bit of a test at the pace I was going but I stayed strong and finished them in less than 45 minutes :) Ran at a 4.8 pace most of the time which was pretty good considering. I miss the days when I could run at a 7.0 like it was nothing. If I can get to 6.0 i'll be happy! Once I get rid of this "fat suit" it will definitely be easier to run! So my very short term goal is to reach 245 by next Tuesday. My other goal includes losing 15 more lbs from Feb 1st-Mar 14th when I go to Myrtle Beach. So really i'd like to be down to 230 by Mar 14th. Hopefully that long weekend doesn't blow my diet out of the water. And i'd really really really like to be at 220 by Disney, but time will tell. Even if it takes longer I will "just keep swimming" until I hit my ultimate goal :)

Whew I think I must be coming down with something. My daughter is sick with an upper respiratory infection and the past two days of working out haven't been the easiest. Even though I ran three miles last night I felt like I sweat out a gallon! And tonight I did 45 on the elliptical, again sweating like an ice cube at Disney in July! I did it though, and a little bonus on the scale tonight, down to 247, only two pounds away from my short term goal i'd like to reach by next Wednesday. I am definitely going to bed early tonight :)

I felt WAY BETTER at the gym tonight! I did 3.6 miles in 46 minutes, even ran a bit of it at a 5.0 pace which I was pretty happy to maintain! And the best thing tonight.....after my workout I got on the scale and guess what it said? 245.7 :)

One of the best things about my healthy choices? I don't even crave the garbage I used to eat, the first thing I think of is how heavy and bloated that food would make me feel! That and I realize all the money i'm saving by not eating fast food every night, and especially taking my lunch every day to work. I also feel way better at work after not eating a "heavy" lunch like I had been from the cafeteria.

I knew I would feel better, I knew my mood would be better, I knew things would improve overall once I got back on track. I'm so glad I got over the "hump" and have made this a habit. 21 days makes a habit, i'm on day 26! Things are going well, I haven't felt this good since 2007!

And the other thing I love about this journal? Being able to look back to just three weeks ago and see HOW FAR I have come :)

So I was a little naughty yesterday. I tried a Five Guys burger and I had some fries also. It was a nice treat and I still stayed under my calorie goals for the day, once my workout was factored in. Tonight I ran 3.6 miles again and more of it at a 5.0 pace then before. Scale hasn't been budging so I am staying off of it until Wednesday. That is my "true" weigh in day. My poor daughter has bronchitis, she has been coughing and hacking for days. I hope she feels better for her cheerleading demo tomorrow night. The coaches have lost their mind and they are kicking kids off the team right and left so she wants to go no matter what. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon! Tomorrow will be a welcome day of rest for my muscles, they have been working hard lately! Oh and I got my "one size smaller" pants out and they fit! I realized my other pants were falling off so I needed to dig them out. I can't wait to drop another size, I have an entire work wardrobe I haven't worn in years and lots of dress capris with the tags still on for warmer weather :)

The scale is driving me nuts! It will not budge so I think I am going to try and stay off of it until February 14th. I was going to wait until March 1st but I can't wait that long to see results. I am still doing well and staying well under my calorie goals for the day, even yesterday when I was on the run and didn't have exercise to add to my calorie budget. Did an hour on the elliptical=900 calories. I was a bit spoiled the first month with that awesome 18 lb loss, now I am going into month two as of tomorrow and my goal for this month is 10 lbs. I won't have to worry about receiving any Valentines candy or gifts so that won't throw me off.

Goals for Feb in a nutshell
Lose 10 lbs
Run two miles straight at a 5.0 pace by the end of the month

I forgive the scale.....and I was bad and got on it but the result was gold, 244!!
So excited that I am 4 lbs away from the 30s! I need to set a new goal because apparently I can already run two miles at a 5.0 pace. I did 4 miles on the treadmill tonight in 49 minutes :) Felt good and I needed it after the day I had at work, whew!

AWESOME DAY! Stayed below my calorie limit, despite eating at Outback and not getting any exercise today. And the best part? Julia's All Star Cheer Team are NYS champs for Senior Level 3! Their level 4 team won the whole thing, got the highest score and a full paid bid to US Finals. Super exciting! Her team has a bid but not a full paid bid so time will tell if the coach has them go as well. I hope so though!!! We are already going to Nationals in Myrtle Beach in March, but going to the US Finals in May would be the icing on the cake!!! Super proud of them, they looked awesome today.

Oh and BTW 243 yesterday after the gym :)

Congratulations. Looks like the scales are heading in the right direction again. :thumbsup2

New goals are definitely needed.

So I ran a little over 5 miles outside today, it was so nice to be able to run outside in February. Ordinarily there would be 3 feet of snow, ice on Lake Ontario and the wind blowing like the dickens but oddly enough there is no snow and no ice. I even saw a boat out in the lake. The entire bay is usually frozen by this point, what a weird winter we are having. So after my run my weigh in was 242.8 :) So I am gunning for that 240 number for next weekend :) Today was a bit of a "free day" being that it is Superbowl Sunday, and the fact I ran 5 miles. Not a "hog wild" free day mind you, but a day it is ok to stay close to my calorie budget while having a treat. And the treat was chips and salsa and five guys. Basically that's all I ate today though to keep it under control.

241.8 after my workout tonight! Having a bit of a plateau but still feeling good! I have still lost 23 pounds though! I have been working out consistently at least 5 days a week with an hour of cardio. I ran outside on Superbowl Sunday, did 5 miles. You have no idea what a rarity it is to be able to do that on the eastern shore of Lake Ontario in February! Usually we are buried in drifts and it's freezing but we have escaped winter this year. Kind of a bummer though because I would like to go skiing. Well still going strong overall and I even shaved 30 seconds a mile off my run time (not like 13 minute miles are fast, but they are better than 14 minute). Oh and the best part about the 5? I ran every step of it.

Well this weekend has been a rough one in the food department but at least I ran 5 miles today at the gym. Tomorrow is a new day, the start of a new week and another new beginning. I read something this weekend a friend posted. Success in diets is not measured by how often you "fall off the wagon" but how well you "get back on". So tomorrow I jump back on!

My pace today for the run was about 12:25 a mile.

Since my ticker says 2 months to Disney, my goal is going to be 220s by Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter