I can do it AGAIN in 2012! Support welcomed!

tinkerbell of winter

Keep Moving Forward-Walt Disney
I have been overweight my entire adult life, and probably since about age 10. I haven't let it stop me, I still do what I want, skiing, boating, etc. I even was in the Army for eight years, all the while undergoing the dreaded "tape test" to prove my body fat was within range. I have no more excuses at this point. I am completely done with school (I have my Master's) and am working in a job which is as high as I can go in my profession. It is time to focus this energy on something worthwhile, MYSELF. I am going to take charge of MY HEALTH because I am the only one that can. And I know I can do it, as long as I stay on track. My disclaimer: I currently weigh 261 lbs and my ultimate goal weight is 150.

I ran one half marathon in 2007........I can do another in 2012!
I lost a bunch of weight in 2007........I can do it AGAIN in 2012!
I got in shape to join the Army once...........I can do it AGAIN in 2012!

So my goals include the following:
1. Run the Virginia Beach Rock and Roll Half Marathon Labor Day 2012
2. Lose 80 lbs in eight months
3. Go back in the Army Reserve (to enhance my pay and get my student loans paid off).

This is a win win situation, the only thing stopping me is myself. I can do this, I just have to remain focused. Any support is appreciated!!

Christine is that you? I have been going back and forth too.Congrats on finishing your Masters.

You can do this-it sounds like you have set goals that are attainable.

The VB Rock and Roll is one I always wanted to do.Training in August isa toughy here though with the humidity.

Keep up the good work.Keep posting-there doesn't seem to be alot around here lately.

Linda

Momof2minnies how are you? It is me!

Still on track, end of day three and I have kept well under my calorie budget for three days now. I have exercised three days in a row and will continue again tomorrow until a break on Saturday. The longest journey starts with a single step, and I have taken my first step. Time to get the momentum going :)

I feel so much better just after three days. I just have to think back to the changes I made in 2007 when I get frustrated and keep going because eventually I know I will see results. I have to "just keep swimming".

:banana:

Today was a good day! Work went smoothly, it just seems less stressful now, something must have "clicked". Maybe it was the change in office and now I don't feel so "alone" I have an experienced office mate I can ask questions of.

I did good on my eating plan, I made an awesome dinner of Lemon Herb Orange Roughy and Ginger Wasabi Green Beans tonight. The best thing, it literally took me 15 minutes to make, tell me why again I keep going to McDonalds. This tasted way better than that, of course Orange Roughy is basically the best tasting fish on the planet. I stuck to my plan, did 45 minutes of cardio and ended up 1,050 calories under my budget for the day.

Interestingly enough there was a spot on Nightline about beating food addiction and mindless eating. There is a new book out about an eating plan adding "booster foods" and "booster activities" each week while phasing unhealthy foods out of your diet. Makes perfect sense.

Tomorrow is my day off from exercise, I get to do my favorite thing, take my DD to a cheer competition :) So glad she loves cheer, It makes me so happy when I see her out there doing something she loves. Not to mention it's good exercise.

My only hope is that I will be posting to this journal in six months, still speaking of success in getting healthy. So far so good, I am down 3 lbs!

Weigh in tomorrow AM. I did well today, despite my lack of exercise and eating at Applebees I stayed under my calorie budget. Tried one of the 550 calorie entrees and it was pretty good. Then I went to the grocery store and got some of my favorite healthy food, taboule salad, hummus and wheat thins toasted crisps. That will be my lunch tomorrow :) Tomorrow I get to have my "free" meal, turkey dinner at my mom's house :) Still feeling good!

Today has been a TEST! My daughter has been an absolute handful since I picked her up at cheer practice and I am fighting the urge to stress eat ever since. Sometimes she is so hurtful, I have dealt with depression for a long time and she knows just what things to "bring up" when she wants to get me going. Thank goodness I went to the gym while she was at practice so any stress I had before that was worked out on the elliptical and so far my level hasn't met the "oh well, I don't care, nobody cares about me anyway" stress eating threshold so I think i'm doing ok so far. My big plans for the rest of the evening include taking a shower, and taking a big bottle of water with me to bed to watch TV. I was so happy yesterday and today, well today has been a big downer. Back to the routine tomorrow, going to the gym after work:)

On the upside I have lost 8 lbs total :) Gotta love that first week back at it rapid loss.

Well I survived yesterday and today wasn't too bad. It was a "light" (30 min) cardio day at the gym and did mostly weights, when I could get a machine. It's always busier at this particular gym on Mondays and especially since people are on their "resoultion kick" which is ok, just makes for a busier time. Tomorrow and Thursday will be 60 on the elliptical while Wednesday will be a "light" cardio and weight day. I have stayed under my calorie budget every day, with my 'net' calories under 1,000 daily. I eat more than that, the exercise is subtracted from from the calorie allowance.

I have really found the lose it app so helpful, especially now they have a feature that allows you to scan barcodes to input serving sizes. Awesome for this "lazy dieter". This weekend will be a definite challenge though, we will be on the run all weekend, going to Canada for Cirque Du Soleil Friday night, then local cheer competition early Saturday then headed to Rochester overnight for a big cheer competition in Rochester on Sunday. I am committed to eating well though!

On the upside I have lost 8 lbs total :) Gotta love that first week back at it rapid loss.

Great job!

I'm sorry your daughter is being mean. Have you tried telling her that her comments are hurtful and that you are trying to get into better shape and live a healthier lifestyle, which will lead to better energy and help you deal with your depression? Ask her for positive feedback and tell her that being supportive will make you both feel better.

I have stayed under my calorie budget every day, with my 'net' calories under 1,000 daily. I eat more than that, the exercise is subtracted from from the calorie allowance.

Question for you - how did you decide what your daily calorie limit should be? At first I thought you were saying that your max calories is 1,000, which is considered too little, but upon re-reading, I understand that you are consuming more than 1,000 and then subtracting calories burned through exercise. That sounds like a good plan.

Keep up your hard work!

Great job!

Question for you - how did you decide what your daily calorie limit should be? At first I thought you were saying that your max calories is 1,000, which is considered too little, but upon re-reading, I understand that you are consuming more than 1,000 and then subtracting calories burned through exercise. That sounds like a good plan.

Keep up your hard work!

The app I use calculates my calories. It takes how much I can eat and still lose two pounds per week based on my body weight. It decreases as you lose weight. Right now my calorie allotment is about 1700 calories a day. When I do exercise it is added to my daily calorie allotment.

Still going strong, diet is going well, had my favorite salad from a local eatery tonight. I got it to go on my way home after the gym, a California salad with avocado, tomato, onion, grilled chicken and a touch of bacon with thousand islands dressing. It was filling and a nice treat :) And I still stayed well under my limit. This weekend is going to be a challenge, we will be at a :cheer2: competition. I'm slightly bummed I won't be able to get any exercise for three days but i'll just have to be extra conscious of what I choose to eat.

So far according to my app after working out tonight I am down 11 lbs, now i'm at 253! :cheer2::banana::cheer2:

My kinda short term goal is to lose 30 lbs by Disney, three months......we will see what happens. Seems awesome to think of weighing 223 again. (Who would think that would feel awesome, but for me DEFINITELY!)

Still going strong, did another hour on the elliptical=840 calories. I really don't want to fall off the exercise train again, I feel so much better and of course my mood is so much better just from knowing i'm doing something good for myself. Not to mention that we all know it is an awesome stress reliever. I need to set a running goal, I got back on the treadmill for the first time in a long time on Monday and it felt pretty good. I'm kind of bummed that I won't have time to work out for three straight days but I am going to watch my intake like a hawk to counteract it, although I will have one "semi-free" meal on Sunday.

I hope everyone else is doing well with their exercise/eating healthy endeavors as well!!!

Well today, and this weekend in general has not been a good one on the diet and exercise front. No exercise due to constantly being on the road and the diet, well the diet suffered but I did make healthier choices than I would have a month ago! So tomorrow is another day, and as good a day as any to get back on track :)

Missed the beginning of your journal, but I'm jumping on board now.

Your energy is infectious, makes me want to exercise today;).

I have a teen at home too, a boy with a fresh mouth. I actually have two, but the second one isn't too bad yet, he's only 13, I'm sure it will come. You've got the right attitude, don't let her get to you and keep your eye on the prize. You have the power of you, she doesn't unless you give it to her.

Keep up the good work:thumbsup2.

Well the weekend didn't set me back too far....after two days i've lost another pound from where I was prior to the weekend. The calorie counting this weekend really opened my eyes to how many calories are in a lot of the foods I was eating on a fairly regular basis. Ugh and to think I ate fast food on such a regular basis.....but that's what a stress eating food addict does..... So 13 lbs lost total so far in 15 days, not too bad. If I can stay the course I should meet my 30 by Disney goal.

What's that they say? 21 days makes a habit? 6 more days to 21!

Still going strong and I continue to make good food choices. Thank goodness I found another place in town that sells Cedars Taboule Salad, I absolutely love that stuff, I swear I could eat it by itself for a meal. I have been doing 60 minutes of cardio at least 4-5 times a week as well as lifting weights 2-3 times per week. Finally Saturday I get to go skiing, we have not had very good snow or any snow really and finally it looks like it will be enough to go skiing. Here's to continued good choices!

Subbing in, if that's ok. You're journal is inspiring me to keep at it.

I'm on day 5 of my new habit and I've gone back to WW. I'd like to lose 20 - 30 lbs in 6 months.

I LOVE journal comments! Despite taking a break from working out today I still managed to stay well under my calorie count, and I even had two fresco tacos :) You can have a little splurge once in a while by just keeping track and making smart choices. Well looks like no skiing tomorrow but I will be going to the gym :)

I finally went skiing today at the local hill, conditions were a lot better than I thought they would be. Our winter (or lack thereof) has not been good for skiing. Everytime we get snow it warms up and then it rains. It has been a bizarre weather pattern. Diet is still going good. Back to the gym tomorrow for some more cardio and weights :) Hoping the scale has a nice number on it tomorrow AM, almost seems like I hit a bit of a plateau, but I think it's the muscle vs fat weight slow down. I do notice my clothes fit looser and my face looks thinner. Still at it!

249 after working out today! Wahooo! 15 lbs gone :) That was a nice result for the week, especially after I feel like I worked my tail off this week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter