I can do it AGAIN in 2012! Support welcomed!

OMG I ate too much for dinner and now I feel yucky. I have to make myself take at least two days of rest off this weekend from working out because I realized I have done 7 consecutive days of hour long cardio and the muscles need some recovery time :)

Well I have had two rest days and I am feeling pretty good. It is supposed to be high 40s low 50s tomorrow and that may call for a run on my favorite 6.7 mile long trail :) I was supposed to be getting my hair done instead but I am feeling the urge to work out again after two days off. I can always get the hair done on Monday (maybe) or just wait until after my mini vacation in Myrtle Beach.

I accomplished everything today! Ran 5+ miles outside today in the AM, then got my hair ready for vacation, watched John Carter which was great and ate Lobster for dinner. Overall a pretty productive day. Oh and the weight is 231 exactly! One more pound to go!!! Hopefully I can hit that by Wednesday night! If not it won't be the end of the world but I will have come very close to my goal for Myrtle Beach :)

Time to get back on track. I took a week off during the long weekend in Myrtle Beach and the last two days have been BAD! At work especially :( I am going to work to get back on track this weekend then I will have three weeks to do what I can before Disney!

Just popping in to say hello and congratulations on your achievements! We sound like we are on a fairly similar track - I think you are about a month or two ahead of me on the weight loss, and you are runnng a bit further than me. I don't run inside at all, and sometimes I wish I had a treadmill to work off some miles. I do bike now though, and am biking about 20 miles a week in addition to my running.

I need to stop striving for things I cannot achieve. This has nothing to do with the diet and exercise but more a post regarding life in general. I graduated last fall with my masters degree and started a job as a Nurse Practitioner. I was so excited to be done, I thought wow I am finally done with school, I have a lot to offer and maybe someone will notice me as a good catch and find me attractive. So I clung to that false hope for awhile. With every degree and accomplishment I have always wished and hoped maybe someone would notice and say wow, she's a great catch, I should pursue her. But alas everytime nothing comes along, even when I feel like there's a great prospect right there. Obviously I am invisible to this person, as I am to most. So more challenges present themself. I am extremely stressed out with my current job, so much that I actually fear going to work. I called in on Friday and took a mental health day, I just couldnt deal with anymore. I feel like such a failure in so many aspects of my life. I am now at the point of giving up as a Nurse Practitioner and going back to working as an RN. I never felt like this then. Everything just seems so terrible right now and it feels like I don't mean a thing to anyone. Nobody cares about my happiness but I care about many peoples happiness. Even though I feel forever alone and sad because of it, I do truely wish others to be happy. I'm just tired, so tired of feeling like a failure at everything. My entire life I have been the one nobody cared about. My ex husband didnt even care...since he cheated like it was his job to do so. The Only bright spot is my daughter, but she is 15 now and has no use for me except to ask for mOney. It's no wonder I got to this point with my weight, when absolutely nobody else in the world cares for you, you get to a point where it is hard to even care about yourself or what happens to you.
I am trying so hard to get back on track, but honestly what's the point when nobody cares :(

Tink!

Chin up!
Deep breath.
Take a look in the mirror.
And say to yourself....

I care about myself. I care about myself. :hug:

You're on the road to finding the happiness you deserve...afterall, you are doing something really really positive for yourself......losing weight.

The rest will fall in place when you least expect it to.

I know it is easy for a total Dis-stranger to type that and it might seem like an empty platitude to you.
But no one really knows what's around the corner.

In the meantime, back on that weight loss bandwagon!

:flower3:

Well I am getting back on track, slowly but surely. I ran another 5 miles tonight, I also did 5 miles on Saturday. Tonight's run was 5 miles in 59:56 on the treadmill. I did good also staying under my calorie count for the day. So my new goal is to be in the 220s by Disney in 16 days, and to maintain in the 220s while I am there. I ate too much garbage when I was in Myrtle Beach and it really threw me off track in more ways than one. I will have my treats at Disney but I will also be getting exercise with the walking I will be doing. I should take my garmin with me and see how much walking I do in a day but the battery would probably die too soon. Well here is to staying strong for the next 2.5 weeks and reaching that goal!

Have a great time! I wish I was heading to Disney in 16 days! We are heading to DL in May - driving from Toronto! Eek! I'm still trying to figure out how to manage eating well and exercise with travel and vacationing.

Have a great time! I wish I was heading to Disney in 16 days! We are heading to DL in May - driving from Toronto! Eek! I'm still trying to figure out how to manage eating well and exercise with travel and vacationing.
I drive from Northern New York (near Kingston, Ontario), which is essentially the same as driving from Toronto :) So I feel your pain. We are flying this time though, had a long enough drive with our journey to Myrtle Beach this month :)

Have a great time at Disney, Tink.

I'll be away for the next 2 weeks. So, keep on that treadmill! :goodvibes

I have been doing pretty good, still running 5 miles every other day. I actually ran 5 miles in 54.24 on Wednesday, average pace of 10:53 min/mile. I was very pleased with that! I bought new running shoes and goldtoe socks which are amazing. My Adidas shoes were turning my toes into hamburger. I am back to New Balance (which i love and are made in the USA) running shoes :) I have been doing better about taking rest days and I feel like I do better with my workout after a rest day. Now if I can stay strong at Disney :) 7 more days!

So I have been away for a bit. No real progress on the weight loss track, I cannot break that 230 barrier! I am hoping to have a breakthrough in the next week or so! Yikes!!!!

Tink - I need some of your motivation. I have a family function at the end of June and would like to lose a little bit more weight.

Nice to see you posting so I can get some inspiration from you.

Yesterday I ran the Boilermaker, 9.3 miles in 1:58:03 which I am super happy about. I'm still a fat chick though, hanging in the 230s still :( I do feel rejuvinated though and am looking forward to being more strict on the diet and hopefully losing 20 lbs before the half marathon on my birthday, September 2nd. If I train harder and get back in the gym doing more overall body workouts I am confident I can do it.

Well I did the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in Virginia Beach again on my birthday September 2nd. I didn't do too bad, especially considering I threw up all carbs I had taken in the day before about an hour before race start. My time was 2:58 and I am really happy with that! Especially considering how hot it was!! Here is to looking forward to the Princess 1/2 marathon in February!!

I am officially registered for the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon and now I am flirting with the idea of doing a Coast to Coast by running the Disneyland 1/2 marathon. Final decision of course will be based on the date but if it is labor day weekend again this year then it looks like it may be a go!

And I have lost a total of 42 lbs so far, i'd really like to lose another 40 before the princess 1/2!

Oh and I finally met a guy!

So things are definitely looking up in my corner of the universe :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter