How would you get there?

In saying that my roof has a leak and double glazing wouldn't go amiss either!!:rotfl:

add to that new central heating system and some plaster on the bathroom walls and you could be living in my house, but I'd still rather spend the money on DLRP. :confused:

Have you had a look at Airmiles with the Tesco vouchers ?
Now that the taxes are included too, the ticket deals aren't quite so bad.
If Tesco's don't get a new DLRP partner before our planned trip I'm hoping to at least get the flights paid for with them.

add to that new central heating system and some plaster on the bathroom walls and you could be living in my house, but I'd still rather spend the money on DLRP. :confused:

Have you had a look at Airmiles with the Tesco vouchers ?
Now that the taxes are included too, the ticket deals aren't quite so bad.
If Tesco's don't get a new DLRP partner before our planned trip I'm hoping to at least get the flights paid for with them.

No I haven't looked up about the airmiles yet but its defo on my list!! I'm so excited about air prices right now that my thoughts are running away with me!!....tell me am I right in thinking..

If I book an onsite hotel via disneylandparis.com...the park tickets will be included...

So when I get my own flights all I need to do is pay the transfers from the airport to the hotel?

In my head thats right but knowing me it probably cancels something out when you split the package up???????:confused3

Found out I can actually get a flight from Inverness to CDG!!!:woohoo: ok the whole trip takes 7 hrs (found one that takes just over 5 hrs too) and there is a stop but thats so cool...still costs less that air france from Edinburgh!! (well depending on the date)...

Can't believe I've been so stupid and haven't really thought about seperate flights for 3 years!! I just saw people writing about the eurostar and I ruled that out because its miles away.

thank you

~Katrina~

You're right Katrina,

If you book your flights seperately, and then your hotel/tickets package with Disney direct, then you only have your transfer from CDG to the hotel and back to sort out - for 4 of you, a private transfer with bs/rs transport is probably going to be the cheapest and quickest way.

Bless you Katrina, not looking at doing it separately all this time - I did wonder myself how Air France could be the cheapest option - every time I've looked for flights on Air France, its always been really expensive!

I'd go for a budget airline every time - I always fly to CDG with BMIbaby (we're close to East Midlands airport right now) and they are great, have never paid more than £55 return each for our flights either. When Easyjet had their January sale on last month (someone posted a link to the site here) I looked at the cost of going with Easyjet from Edinburgh to CDG - and it was only going to be about £30 return each, including taxes! That would allow me to book an extra night at a Disney hotel over what I pay for flights now!

Elaine

No I haven't looked up about the airmiles yet but its defo on my list!! I'm so excited about air prices right now that my thoughts are running away with me!!....tell me am I right in thinking..

If I book an onsite hotel via disneylandparis.com...the park tickets will be included...

So when I get my own flights all I need to do is pay the transfers from the airport to the hotel?

In my head thats right but knowing me it probably cancels something out when you split the package up???????:confused3

Found out I can actually get a flight from Inverness to CDG!!!:woohoo: ok the whole trip takes 7 hrs (found one that takes just over 5 hrs too) and there is a stop but thats so cool...still costs less that air france from Edinburgh!! (well depending on the date)...

Can't believe I've been so stupid and haven't really thought about seperate flights for 3 years!! I just saw people writing about the eurostar and I ruled that out because its miles away.

thank you

~Katrina~

Am i right to think someone could be planning another trip very soon now ;) :goodvibes

Am i right to think someone could be planning another trip very soon now ;) :goodvibes

Believe me I really want to but only if its in school holidays..think I've had my luck with the outta school break malarky, although the head teacher said its ok I don't want to push it.
We have Scottish cheapy holiday booked already right up til Oct for when my husband is off so he had kinda used up his time.....aprt from 2 wks he usually takes off after xmas

But I really fancy a xmas break at DLP but its not til May (I think) the prices come out. I want to see the decorations etc in full swing!!

I'm still looking at prices though because DH has the 2 spare wks....maybe one wk off this year and 1 wk off after xmas like usual???? Och I don't know...I want to live in DLP and be done with it!!

ELAINE:...I'm telling you Easyjet is my new best friend!!! By the way is there a compitition on these boards for dunce of the year..(plus 2 years!)...I reckon I'd win!!!LOL
Mind you because we weree going out of school hols and the fact we were going in Jan..don't think we could have done it much cheaper that time of year..hopefully!!LOL...under 1k for each of the hols I've taken.....OMG thats half my double glazing!!

But I really fancy a xmas break at DLP but its not til May (I think) the prices come out. I want to see the decorations etc in full swing!!

We've gone the last two January's just after new year (ie still in school holidays)our flights this year were around £60 with EJ and £100 with AF the year before.

Both times we stayed offsite and bought AP's. Onsite was very expensive at that time of year

We've gone the last two January's just after new year (ie still in school holidays)our flights this year were around £60 with EJ and £100 with AF the year before.

Both times we stayed offsite and bought AP's. Onsite was very expensive at that time of year

I'm not all too sure about staying off site then again I thought AF was superb...once upon a time!!....when you say expensive is it roughly the same price as the height of summer prices?

Another option would be to fly from Inverness to Dublin with Aer Arann (who do some very reasonable flights at times and are a GREAT airline!) and then fly with Air France from Dublin to CDG - they have some good offers too and the euro pricing would also be in your favour of course. Ryanair also fly Dublin to Paris but it's to Beauvais. All these options are worth a shot. :) Good luck!!

I'm not all too sure about staying off site then again I thought AF was superb...once upon a time!!....when you say expensive is it roughly the same price as the height of summer prices?

We've never travelled in peak summer. But our DLH quote for two nights was over £1000 :eek:

Hi there poppyolivia.....i know where you are coming from we stay in ardersier and are also fellow dlrp addicts we have done it several times on a budget doing the beauvais way but this time we booked easyjet from glasgow 2nd week of the highland easter holidays 31/3-6/4 i booked the week before xmas and the flights were only £235 for 4 of us including luggage and taxes etc to charles de gaulle, flights were reasonable times and the if i could of afforded to book the flights the week earlier they were just under £200 from edinburgh but christmas and all that kind of spoke for my pennies ...i know the prices have gone up now but it shows that maybe next year or later this year if you book far enough in advance you may get reasonable prices especially as some of our school holidays differ slightly from other parts of scotland and the uk....so sometimes you can get a cheaper flight in october as a lot of schools only have 1 weeks holidays where as we get 2 so if you can find the week that most schools are still in term they are often cheaper and the bonus is the park is a wee bit quieter but keep looking where there is a will there is a way good luck

Hi there poppyolivia.....i know where you are coming from we stay in ardersier and are also fellow dlrp addicts we have done it several times on a budget doing the beauvais way but this time we booked easyjet from glasgow 2nd week of the highland easter holidays 31/3-6/4 i booked the week before xmas and the flights were only £235 for 4 of us including luggage and taxes etc to charles de gaulle, flights were reasonable times and the if i could of afforded to book the flights the week earlier they were just under £200 from edinburgh but christmas and all that kind of spoke for my pennies ...i know the prices have gone up now but it shows that maybe next year or later this year if you book far enough in advance you may get reasonable prices especially as some of our school holidays differ slightly from other parts of scotland and the uk....so sometimes you can get a cheaper flight in october as a lot of schools only have 1 weeks holidays where as we get 2 so if you can find the week that most schools are still in term they are often cheaper and the bonus is the park is a wee bit quieter but keep looking where there is a will there is a way good luck

Another Dissers from up this way - maybe we should all club together and hire a private jet :rotfl:

yep group discounts would be good ....how about a therapy group too....on the matter of private jet that would be great also.
I was holding out hope there could of been an easier way at one point flybe anounced there were going to be direct paris flights from inverness starting at the end of 2008 hopefully but no no avail can i find out anything just have to keep a look out as this would be bliss....no doubt they might be a bit dearer but by the time you save travelling and fuel etc it would hopefully be worth it though

yep group discounts would be good ....how about a therapy group too....on the matter of private jet that would be great also.
I was holding out hope there could of been an easier way at one point flybe anounced there were going to be direct paris flights from inverness starting at the end of 2008 hopefully but no no avail can i find out anything just have to keep a look out as this would be bliss....no doubt they might be a bit dearer but by the time you save travelling and fuel etc it would hopefully be worth it though

That would be fantastic :thumbsup2

I was at DLRP last October Poppyolivia, during the Scottish school hols (1st wk in October) - it was very quiet. It was also Disney low season, and I got an early booker offer on a Disney hotel/tickets package, so it was cheaper going in October than it had been in the February for us.

Elaine

hiya neighbour!!!:rotfl:

Thanks for the info...

I have now decided that the way to go for me is either leaving from Edinburgh or Glasgow using easyjet (or other good value airlines)..I need to be on the ball with sales etc...thats not a prob....

I have also gone onto the Highlands holiday council website and I have the dates up til Fri 2nd July 2010!!:rotfl: I am going to compare this with other holidays different regions have and take it from there!:thumbsup2

£235 for the 4 of you is just showing off now!!;) No seriously thats brilliant and shows you what you can get!

Its got to be said that a straight no stop flight to paris would be superb and I would pay the extra for that! If you don't mind stopping off at Manchester then there is some already ranging from £500-£700 to Paris....and when you think of it thats the prices I was paying from Edinburgh to CDG.

I was a bit scared to start this thread just incase people said thing like 'thats the price, thats how we do it'.....it couldn't be further from the truth!! Thank goodness!!

Private Jet sounds good!!:rotfl:

Elaine...October would be so good to go....I'm looking at all options..the cheapest..not bothered how cold it is!!LOL Im the January Queen so anything outta that is a bonus!!!haha!! I'm gonna compare holiday dates like I said and take it from there...although I've been told by Paul that I need to wait til nearer xmas onwards...oh a girl can dream....not only that if I start looking at prices now I will be more clued up for future trips!

yes i know i got a good price i was really surprised as i had always gone ryanair which has been fine but i really liked the better flight times of easyjet and the fact you land in CDG so being a shorter journey ....we have been now in oct,nov,dec,may,june and this time in march/april its great to see the park at all different times of the year we are staying at the citea residential which is a self catering house its easy to get to the parks i have never stayed onsite before never been as lucky as you LOL as we have always been on a budget and try to save luxuries for the spending in the park but its also worth venturing away from the parks for accomodation as it can be considerably cheaper especially if you have an annual passport but one day i would love to stay onsite too..........but don't despair you will find a way i am sure its funny how once the seed has been planted it normally happens one way or another....though bring on the flybe direct flights from Dalcross then we will be laughing all the way .....good to know i am not the invernessian hooked so far i think i have talked about disney so many times its almost a standing joke in work ....they really don't understand though half a dozen people have come to me within the last 12 months asking advice as they book themselves never sponsored anyone yet though they always opt for the package deal anyway as long as i'm talking i'm happy....you may of already noticed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter