How would you get there?

poppyolivia

<font color=deeppink>I'm the ski suit queen.......
Right I live in Inverness, whats the cheapest way to get to DLP without it taking 3 days to actually get there?

I just priced up March 08 for 5 nights...

2 adults and 2 kids flying from Edinburgh

accomadation wasn't much under £700 (Santa Fe) I added flights from Edinburgh and the total came to £1,900 odd:eek: Is this the sort of prices I'm looking at if I don't go in January? I wanna cry!!:rotfl:

Did the flights seperate too (air france) and they were just over £1000...???

Could it just be that I would be booking so late that the flights have gone up????

What about coming to the London the night before and getting the eurostar wouldnt that work out cheaper?

How much did you pay roughly for the trip in Jan?

We dont have much choice up here do we :headache:

We fly BA from Aberdeen to Heathrow then out that way. Easyjet now fly from Glasgow to CDG and Flybe go direct from Edinburgh to CDG. I have never found Airfrance affordable :confused:

Expedia normally has some good deals for the hotels. If it is the end of March it will be more expensive due to Easter.

I feel your pain :hug:

What about coming to the London the night before and getting the eurostar wouldnt that work out cheaper?

How much did you pay roughly for the trip in Jan?

Jan just past (5 nights) cost us only £990 and that was everything! So paying an extra £1000 makes me want to be sick!:)

The eurostar was roughly the same price as Jan past but that was including the over night sleeper train to get there.

We dont have much choice up here do we :headache:

We fly BA from Aberdeen to Heathrow then out that way. Easyjet now fly from Glasgow to CDG and Flybe go direct from Edinburgh to CDG. I have never found Airfrance affordable :confused:

Expedia normally has some good deals for the hotels. If it is the end of March it will be more expensive due to Easter.

Its so expensive for the flights eh? The accomadation is ok its the getting there that we are struggling with!:rotfl: When I went on to expedia they just seemed to do the out of park hotels...is that right?

Are easy jet trust worthy..only heard bad with them????

Hey at least you have an Asda there..we don't even have that!!!LOL

Are you looking to go March this year then ;)

:rotfl: not now!!:rotfl:

Was just mucking around seeing how much it was..tried different months too!!

Got to say though just went on a website doing the Heathrow to Charles De Gualle and for the 4 of us in march to fly would be under £400!!!!:eek: Can't believe thats a MASSIVE HUGE saving...kinda still got to get there though!!!:rotfl: That was with British Airways....tried twice cause I thought I was doing it wrong and that was per person but is 100% not!!!!!

I'm moving down South!!!! I still can't believe that would be a saving of about £800!!!! with the dates I was looking at!!

Its so expensive for the flights eh? The accomadation is ok its the getting there that we are struggling with!:rotfl: When I went on to expedia they just seemed to do the out of park hotels...is that right?

Are easy jet trust worthy..only heard bad with them????

Hey at least you have an Asda there..we don't even have that!!!LOL

Expedia should come up with DLP hotels

Of course Tescos rule in Inverness - I have been known to convert my Tesco points into BA miles which means you have to only pay the tax - but hey thats another topic altogether!!!

I have never flown with easyjet so I not sure how the service is:goodvibes

:rotfl: not now!!:rotfl:

Was just mucking around seeing how much it was..tried different months too!!

Got to say though just went on a website doing the Heathrow to Charles De Gualle and for the 4 of us in march to fly would be under £400!!!!:eek: Can't believe thats a MASSIVE HUGE saving...kinda still got to get there though!!!:rotfl: That was with British Airways....tried twice cause I thought I was doing it wrong and that was per person but is 100% not!!!!!

I'm moving down South!!!! I still can't believe that would be a saving of about £800!!!! with the dates I was looking at!!

Im trying to get prices but the website keeps timing me out :headache:

That is a huge saving tho, Im lucky that i live near Ashford and can just jump on the eurostar.

Expedia should come up with DLP hotels

Of course Tescos rule in Inverness - I have been known to convert my Tesco points into BA miles which means you have to only pay the tax - but hey thats another topic altogether!!!

I have never flown with easyjet so I not sure how the service is:goodvibes

Tesco points..OMG I have a load of them stashed!!!...didn't really think of converting them to BA airmiles cause we always book as a package with air france!!!...

as from 30th March flybe are flying Glasgow to CDG!!!:cool1: well I think it was flybe...been on so many wedsites now...I'm jumping out off the Air France box that I have been stuck in for 3 years!!:rotfl:

I feel sooo good right now...there is hope...I might try another month instead of January!!!:woohoo:

Tesco points..OMG I have a load of them stashed!!!...didn't really think of converting them to BA airmiles cause we always book as a package with air france!!!...

as from 30th March flybe are flying Glasgow to CDG!!!:cool1: well I think it was flybe...been on so many wedsites now...I'm jumping out off the Air France box that I have been stuck in for 3 years!!:rotfl:

I feel sooo good right now...there is hope...I might try another month instead of January!!!:woohoo:

awww yay!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

We have flown from Edi to CDG with good service and we only paid around £50 per flight for this March. We did book as soon as the flights came out though.

EJ have a sale on April flights at the moment (until tomorow night 10% off all flights)if that helps any;)

Hi i go with easyjet all the time never had a problem.. all ways got there on time and never lost my luggage fingers crossed .....
have you tried jet2, ryanair, flybe, bmibaby also thomsonfly not sure if any fly to inverness though but i know they are all cheaper airlines.
also with airfrance there prices stay the same they do not go up also been with them they were great with the little one..

:tinker:

Im trying to get prices but the website keeps timing me out :headache:

That is a huge saving tho, Im lucky that i live near Ashford and can just jump on the eurostar.

It times out with me too...thought it was my pc though!!

Now that I know there is cheaper flights out there its opened a whole new world!!!:rotfl:

In saying that my roof has a leak and double glazing wouldn't go amiss either!!:rotfl:

It times out with me too...thought it was my pc though!!

Now that I know there is cheaper flights out there its opened a whole new world!!!:rotfl:

In saying that my roof has a leak and double glazing wouldn't go amiss either!!:rotfl:

:rotfl: i know what you mean haha.
I have so much stuff that needs doing but now im addicted to DLRP id rather spend my money there :rotfl2:

Tinks4ever..thank you for that list of airlines..gonna have a look!:thumbsup2

thank you disneyangel will give that a look too

xxxx

edited to say I had a look at easy jet....in august (just random dates) 4 night mon -fri accomadation

package with air france.....£1,700 odd......same accomadation but own flight with easy jet..£1,100 odd thats with accomadation being £825!!!....

A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO'S OPENED MY EYES...XXXXXXX

Another who understands your dilema poppyolivia

We did easyjet once from Aberdeen but the hanging about Luton, especially on the way home just made everyone :upsidedow
Hence why we drive but go for longer.

Good luck getting a deal :goodvibes :flower3:

Another who understands your dilema poppyolivia

We did easyjet once from Aberdeen but the hanging about Luton, especially on the way home just made everyone :upsidedow
Hence why we drive but go for longer.

Good luck getting a deal :goodvibes :flower3:

Thank you.

So you drive to Luton? Maybe I read that wrong???? If not how long does that take you?

Thank you.

So you drive to Luton? Maybe I read that wrong???? If not how long does that take you?

Cyrano took the eurotunnel and drove to there - not sure how long it would take.If I remember he broke up the journey with a stop midway.

Cyrano - you never did finish that trippie did you ;)

Cyrano took the eurotunnel and drove to there - not sure how long it would take.If I remember he broke up the journey with a stop midway.

Cyrano - you never did finish that trippie did you ;)
Yes we drove all the way from the North East. Stopped off at SIL in Glasgow but coud have missed out that stretch if necessary. Next day drove to Canterbury. Stayed overnight and then Eurotunnel the next day.

:blush: sorry about the trip report. Now that the holiday is booked it would be good to re-live the holiday so I'll try and get to this :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter