How to handle the heat?

I just use the Frogg Toggs brand. I usually wrap mine around my head bandana style, make the sides higher than normal and pour ice on my head. The high sides of the towel keep the ice on my head and the towel absorbs the cold water.

Thanks, how long does it keep your head cool? Last year during the August heatwave, we spent a lot of time hugging the fountain column in bugs land and drenching our hats with water but didn’t stay wet for long :(

That would have been my next question... though those towels aren’t that popular in Germany apparently and the “big brands” like frogg toggs aren’t available for a reasonable price...:sad2:
So I hope I’ll be able to get one that works just as well... what I have read those microfiber ones are not as “great” as for example those frogg toggs ones, which claim to remain “dry to the touch” (and that feature would be great...) but I guess I just have to try it out and hope for the best...
Anyways.. thanks for the opinions!:thumbsup2

We bought 'Way 2 Cool' Microfiber and they work pretty well. I like too how i can just thrown them in the washer afterwards and they are like new.

Thanks, how long does it keep your head cool? Last year during the August heatwave, we spent a lot of time hugging the fountain column in bugs land and drenching our hats with water but didn’t stay wet for long :(

Honestly, not that long. The ice being on my noggin and the sun beating down on it, did not last very long. 10 min maybe, but it was some relief.

I also bought a couple of the battery operated fans that you can hang around your neck, those were nice too in addition to the cooling towel. Having air move around your neck and face is a big plus, especially if you're not exerting any additional energy, causing heat, to keep yourself cool. Also carried around a spare battery holder/organizer for replacements.

But drinking a ton of water and having a good attitude can help beat the heat too.

Also, something I will add. Pay attention to lines for food and snacks. If you know the line is prone to getting long, and there is minimal shade, do it early or after sunset.

I say this after being at the parks this afternoon, and standing in direct sunlight for 45 minutes for the Adorable Icecream stand...I will NEVER do that again. o_O

I am not a fan of the Frogg Togg towels. We bought them to use on a June trip to DW along with misting fans, handheld battery operated fans, and small umbrellas. Honestly, the thing that worked the best for us were the $1 handheld fans we bought from WalMart. The towels got our clothes wet and just made us feel yuck. It seems many people like them, but I am not a fan.

Disneyland actually sells their own version of cooling towels.

I purchased one for myself and one for my daughter. They cost 16.00 each.

I thought they worked very well and lasted longer than I thought. I would wet it every time I stopped to use the restroom.
Do you have a picture or can you describe? Are they cute? Do they have Disney characters on them? I suggested Frogg Toggs to my teen daughter and she made a face, but she said that Disney had some in the parks so maybe that is an option.

Do you have a picture or can you describe? Are they cute? Do they have Disney characters on them? I suggested Frogg Toggs to my teen daughter and she made a face, but she said that Disney had some in the parks so maybe that is an option.

I tried uploading a pic but it isn’t working.

I googled “Disneyland Park cooling towel” and the exact one I bought came up. It’s pink with magenta and white Mickeys on it. It also comes in blue. I thought they were pretty cute and even brought mine home with me to use at art wine festivals and other such activities where it’s hot

Also, something I will add. Pay attention to lines for food and snacks. If you know the line is prone to getting long, and there is minimal shade, do it early or after sunset.

I say this after being at the parks this afternoon, and standing in direct sunlight for 45 minutes for the Adorable Icecream stand...I will NEVER do that again. o_O

.....I hear a Richard Harris song in the background..........

Disneyland actually sells their own version of cooling towels.

I purchased one for myself and one for my daughter. They cost 16.00 each.

I thought they worked very well and lasted longer than I thought. I would wet it every time I stopped to use the restroom.
This is great information for me... then I probably buy one at the park and have a nice Disneyland one...:thanks:

We went in September a few years back and the heat was similar to what’s expected in the upcoming days. We took cooling towels, mini handheld fans for each of us and two cold bags filled with ice packs/water. We also had our fair share of icees and drank a ton of water. When it got too hot, we headed to the Little Mermaid, Haunted Mansion or Pirates. Even though it was miserably hot, we still had a great time.

Today and last year the Friday (7/7) after 7/4 are both ultra hot days. I was there 7/7 when the parks were pretty empty. If it repeats this year, you can always find a show/dark ride with A/C whenever you want.

I just checked lines - IC is a whopping 185-minute wait. Much of it out in the sun. In this weather. Wow. Even Soarin' is 110 minutes.

And its not even the heat of the day yet there! I live about 30 minutes northwest and I am currently hiding in my apartment with all the windows closed while I just watched the thermometer hit 96. Feeling great appreciation to be downstairs. Can't imagine the people at DL right now waiting in those lines in the sun. Having flashbacks to my heatstroke incident 15 years ago.

I just checked lines - IC is a whopping 185-minute wait. Much of it out in the sun. In this weather. Wow. Even Soarin' is 110 minutes.
We are here today. That line was an anomoly. Toy Story went down and massive amounts of people moved over to Incredicoaster. We had FP for Incredicoaster but even that was super backed up and we skipped it. About an hour later it was back to normal. It is brutally hot though. We are back at the hotel until this evening.

How not to handle the heat...

Do not drink alcohol. Went to trader sams yesterday and had two drinks, then went to lamplight lounge and had another. Just about died. Don't combine alcohol and heat. Which I knew... But those drinks are so tempting.

We are here today. That line was an anomoly. Toy Story went down and massive amounts of people moved over to Incredicoaster. We had FP for Incredicoaster but even that was super backed up and we skipped it. About an hour later it was back to normal. It is brutally hot though. We are back at the hotel until this evening.
Yeah, it was down to twenty minutes later, but it took it a while to go down.

well, the Yuma weather forecaster likes Disneyland, he said today it was 111 there, national news said the Universal city was 118, so I cannot crow nor seek pity about my first 120 day....but london bridge did get a bath today according to the map......it's all good....and I am not even a millennial !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter