How Strict on Age for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's important to remember also that they don't just do hair. They use makeup, and I'm sure for liability reasons they don't want that makeup on a child under 3's face. It's near their eyes too, so I personally would worry about my child rubbing it into their eyes at that age. Also, that's a TON of hairspray and stress to be putting on a young child's hair. The age of three isn't arbitrary. They pick an age where they feel the child is mature enough to listen to parents, physically grown enough to not have severe skin issues caused by makeup and with hair thick enough to handle the stress they put on it. Not to mention, again, this could be a liability thing depending on what products they use.

IMHO, go to the Harmony Barber Shop. It will be more unique, less strain, no makeup and faster, not to mention a fraction of the price! Also, when the Fairy Godmother in Training asks your little one how old she is, what will she say? If she says two, are you willing to risk being asked for a park ticket? For the record, I've been to the BBB, and this is a question asked (not in a forceful way, just in a getting to know you way) before they start doing anything (as the FGMT combs through to check for lice, etc.).

I think they have to put age limits in, but they will let you book BBB under 3. I booked for my DD8 and my SIL DD2(a month shy of 3) and they said no problem. If I thought she would sit and I said yes...she said no problem and booked it. Didn't lie on the phone and was never asked when we got there. I can see not bringing an infant or a 1yr old, but 2 1/2 to 3 is not going to make the makeup or hairspray issue any different in reality. Yes the guidelines have to be put in place, but like I said we didn't have a single issue booking for a 2 year old so call if you think your dd will like it. My niece loved it. She had 2 fairy godmothers and they were great with her. She sat very nice and loved the experience.

ETA I just looked at pictures of the HBS and I would do the BBB if they will let you book. It looks cute, but BBB is a much bigger experience. If they won't let you then I would book that so you have something. I would call and see what they will let you do though either way.

There are reports of asking for proof of age. Either with a ticket or birth certificate. It may not happen every time but can happen.

There are reports of asking for proof of age. Either with a ticket or birth certificate. It may not happen every time but can happen.

I think if it ever does happen it is about as rare as being asked to sleep in Cinderella's suite for the night. Like I said I told the CM over the phone she was 2 and had absolutely no problem booking. Doesn't hurt to call and ask, I would if it was something if I thought it was something my dd would love and would sit for,. If you get the appointment great, if not then you have to decide if you want to run the risk of a teeny tiny remote chance they ask for a Birth Cetificate....who brings one anyway. I didn't for any of my kids. They ask for a ticket how do they know who's is who. They all look the same. Ooops, my husband must have took my dd's and they ran back to the resort...they aren't coming back for a few hours. They refuse you or take you. Either way they refund you, but I would seriously doubt they go that far.

Like I said my niece had 2 FG because she was so little..it was peak season in June and nobody cared she was 2. Not a single person was lied to. She is a talker and was telling them all about her upcoming birthday.

I think if it ever does happen it is about as rare as being asked to sleep in Cinderella's suite for the night. Like I said I told the CM over the phone she was 2 and had absolutely no problem booking. Doesn't hurt to call and ask, I would if it was something if I thought it was something my dd would love and would sit for,. If you get the appointment great, if not then you have to decide if you want to run the risk of a teeny tiny remote chance they ask for a Birth Cetificate....who brings one anyway. I didn't for any of my kids. They ask for a ticket how do they know who's is who. They all look the same. Ooops, my husband must have took my dd's and they ran back to the resort...they aren't coming back for a few hours. They refuse you or take you. Either way they refund you, but I would seriously doubt they go that far. Like I said my niece had 2 FG because she was so little..it was peak season in June and nobody cared she was 2. Not a single person was lied to. She is a talker and was telling them all about her upcoming birthday.
I don't know why you are getting nasty with me all I am saying is what others have reported. People have been turned down on the phone and at bbb when they showed up within under age child. If someone reading this thinks the age requirement is always waived they are mistaken

Are we actively trying to outdo the level of juvenile nonsense going on in the FP+ threads here?

Well.... That escalated quickly.

You are not kidding!!!::yes::

I guess I would say if you have a child that is not yet of age, book at your own risk. They may not ask for proof of age, but they may. Your child may not have a reaction to the makeup or other products used, but they may.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter