How Strict on Age for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's weird. I have never seen an age limit for BBB. I'm sure that one day, my mom's BFF's younger DD would love this. She's 15, going to be 16 in August.

My friend's sophmore daughter goes to the BBB in WDW. They go each year for vacation and my friend said htey never have a problem. She doesn't do a costume but does the hair, make-up, nails.

I think the age limit change is pretty recent, like within the last 6 months or so. I remember reading about it in the long BBB thread on here. I think the minimum age has always been three, but the cap at 12 is pretty recent.

Here’s the text from the Disney World website:

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a beauty salon where young Guests are magically transformed into little princesses and knights at 2 locations: World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney Area and Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom theme park.

It's hard not to feel perfectly pampered in this charming little boutique that's owned by Cinderella's Fairy Godmother and operated by Fairy Godmothers-in-training. Please note, all Guests must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or older.

Princess Packages
Guests ages 3 to 12 can choose from 3 hair styles—Fairytale Princess, Disney Diva and Pop Princess—as well as multiple hair styles, nail color, make-up and a total package including Disney Princess costume and photographs. The boutique offers 3 unique packages:
• Coach Package includes hairstyling and shimmering makeup—starting at $49.95 USD plus tax.

• Crown Package includes hairstyling, shimmering makeup and nails—starting at $54.95 USD plus tax

• Castle Package includes the Crown Package plus the Imaging Package (one 6" x 8" and four 4" x 6" photos in a princess-themed photo holder) and complete costume of your choice with accessories—starting at $189.95 USD plus tax.

The optional Imaging Package includes one 6" x 8" and four 4" x 6" photos in a princess-themed photo holder.

The World of Disney Store location offers a wide variety of beautiful accessories — including ponytail hairpieces and tiaras.

The Knight Package
Guests ages 3 to 12 can also select The Knight Package, which includes hair styling as well as a mighty sword and shield for $14.95 plus tax.

Side Note: the only thing about taking a 2 year-old that isn't at least really close to age 3, if by some small chance something did happen that warranted a complaint, would the family have any standing since the child was under age? How would that work?

The age limit is pretty recent. Not too long ago there was a long, hostile thread all about it.:scared1:

Me, I would be too worried that they would ask to see a park ticket or some other sort of proof of age. What would you do if they do, and you are turned away? Also, it is not a quick process. We have done the hair and nails package before, and it took a bit of time. Not to mention, the hairstyles they do involve a lot of pulling on the child's hair. I would also be worried that an almost 3yr old would not enjoy the whole process and end up upset.

I think those of you planning to take almost 3 year olds are going to be very disappointed when you get there. There have been problems on DCL ships with over/ under age kids using some of the services and they have completely cut off any leeway. From what i understand it is becoming too much of a liability to bend the rules. If it says 3 to 12, then 2 years 11 months doesn't get you in. They check the child's age on the main reservation every time. It is simply being extended into the parks now, where they have been having some of the same problems.

I guess I don't understand why it's so difficult to follow the posted guidelines. If it says ages 3-12, then it's ages 3-12.:confused3 I totally agree that there's no difference between a 2y11m kid and a 3y1m kid, but Disney does see a difference. Their park, their rules.

I'm sure this is old news for the original poster. But wanted to comment for those still looking for answers.

The difference between a 2yr11mo old and a 3 yr old is $81 for a park entry ticket. (Disneyland price for a child ticket as of Sep 2012) This is a Disneyland attraction that requires a ticket, so if you want your 2yr 11mo old to be included, I'm sure they won't mind - as long as you also fudge on the park entry and pay the entry fee as well.

I am pretty heartbroken - we are going to be there too early for my almost 3 year old to go, but I'm so excited to see that there is an alternative.

By the way, I'm not that wholesome, I considered cheating all day today. I even thought about using my 5 year old son's entry ticket instead of hers to cheat. That's the only reason I'm reading this forum - I was trying to see if I'd get busted! But ultimately - the difference is the park entry fee, and I'm not willing to pay $81 + $200 for the experience. I'm also not willing to risk my 2 year old's devastation if we try to cheat and get busted before we get the makeover.

I think I'll make the appointment at the other place and be thankful I can even afford to take her to Disneyland instead of moping about the missed BBB opportunity! Thanks for all your comments! It helped sway me towards the best karma! And that's what this momma wants for her vacation - GOOD KARMA!

I'm sure this is old news for the original poster. But wanted to comment for those still looking for answers.

The difference between a 2yr11mo old and a 3 yr old is $81 for a park entry ticket. (Disneyland price for a child ticket as of Sep 2012) This is a Disneyland attraction that requires a ticket, so if you want your 2yr 11mo old to be included, I'm sure they won't mind - as long as you also fudge on the park entry and pay the entry fee as well.

I am pretty heartbroken - we are going to be there too early for my almost 3 year old to go, but I'm so excited to see that there is an alternative.

By the way, I'm not that wholesome, I considered cheating all day today. I even thought about using my 5 year old son's entry ticket instead of hers to cheat. That's the only reason I'm reading this forum - I was trying to see if I'd get busted! But ultimately - the difference is the park entry fee, and I'm not willing to pay $81 + $200 for the experience. I'm also not willing to risk my 2 year old's devastation if we try to cheat and get busted before we get the makeover.

I think I'll make the appointment at the other place and be thankful I can even afford to take her to Disneyland instead of moping about the missed BBB opportunity! Thanks for all your comments! It helped sway me towards the best karma! And that's what this momma wants for her vacation - GOOD KARMA!

Glad you decided not to risk it, but honestly, it has nothing to do with not buying a ticket. It is that the makeup used at BBB has not been tested on anyone under 3 and Disney can't allow anyone under 3 to use it. There was a thread a week or 2 ago that someone's DD put BBB makeup on their 5 mo. old sibling and the baby had a reaction to it. It just isn't safe for little ones.

I second something brought up by someone else in the thread. It would really suck if say for instance, your daughter had a major allergic reaction to the makeup, or even a freak accident like tripping and falling in BBB and getting seriously injured. I could see you not having a legal leg to stand on as far as compensation for medical expenses because you signed a child up for it that was not within the required age group.

Just wanted to give another plug for Harmony! We did 1st haircut package there with DS#2 last February. DS#1, who HATES to have his haircut wanted to do it after seeing. In August, BOTH requested for back to school cuts! We LOVE Harmony! (would totally work for 13 year old & she could save herself a ton of money, which she could fritter away on other Disney items!)

They are pretty strict on the 3-12 age. Sorry.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

WDWJonasGirl said:
That's weird. I have never seen an age limit for BBB. I'm sure that one day, my mom's BFF's younger DD would love this. She's 15, going to be 16 in August.

They added the 12 limit about a year or two ago.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

You don't need a park ticket at the Downtown Disney location. I fibbed last year in Sept My oldest DD did it (she was 4) and I also let my 2 yr old do it (she was 2 weeks from her 3rd birthday). I personally don't see the difference that 2 weeks makes. Plus no ticket is needed in DTD. There are much worse things I can do, call me a bad parent all you want but it was very much worth it to me. To each his own. The worst they can say is if you don't have proof of age they won't do it.

And to all the nay-sayers, I have a 2.5 yr old this year and I am not letting her do BBB with her 2 older sisters. 2 weeks I can handle, 5 months I can not.

You don't need a park ticket at the Downtown Disney location. I fibbed last year in Sept My oldest DD did it (she was 4) and I also let my 2 yr old do it (she was 2 weeks from her 3rd birthday). I personally don't see the difference that 2 weeks makes. Plus no ticket is needed in DTD. There are much worse things I can do, call me a bad parent all you want but it was very much worth it to me. To each his own. The worst they can say is if you don't have proof of age they won't do it.

And to all the nay-sayers, I have a 2.5 yr old this year and I am not letting her do BBB with her 2 older sisters. 2 weeks I can handle, 5 months I can not.

The difference the 2 weeks makes is from a legal standpoint. If, God forbid, a 2 year old had a bad reaction to the makeup, it would be a PR nightmare for Disney and despite it clearly being the lying parent's fault, they would still try to put the blame on Disney and likely try to sue. The age minimum is for the safety of both the child and the company. Fortunately, your child did not have a reaction, but other children may not be so lucky. Personally, I would not risk it, but I'm sure people do it all the time without thinking twice about the risk they are taking. Is it wrong to do? To me it is, but I don't look down on anyone who does it. It is none of my business. :goodvibes

I can see the justification for the lower limit. My youngest is almost 2.5 and she's not anywhere near being able to sit that long, nor would she tolerate someone messing with her hair, face, and nails for any length of time. That, combined with the lack of ticket and the liability of the make up, all makes sense to me.

What I don't get is the upper age limit of 12. That's too young to me. 12 year olds are kids. Let them be princesses a few more years. I'd bump it up to 15.

I think more than a reaction to the makeup, it's the other things that have the 3+ restrictions. Like the face stickers that a 2yo could pull off and eat. Or 2yos still stick their hands in their mouths and could eat the nail polish. That sorta stuff.

If I knew I had an almost 3yo who would want to sit there for the makeover, I would book it. My oldest uses her leftover BBB stuff on my 2.5yo all the time, but since she basically has no hair still, the BBB would be pretty much a waste.

FWIW, I took my son to the Pirates League when he turned 3yo. He didn't have a park ticket cause we were there the week of his birthday (arrived the day before he turned 3yo). They never once asked me for any proof and the minimum age was definitely 3yo at the time. I didn't have/need a park ticket for him so I couldn't have produced one, so really, what could they have done? He sat perfectly still and loved the entire experience. (It was his actual birthday.) That said, my friend was with me and her daughter is the same age as my son (birthday day before my son's). She also did the Pirate League and not so much a fan. She didn't want any makeup on and had to sit on mom's lap to even let them touch her. So it totally depends on the kid. But the Pirates League were totally fine with that. They said they'd go slowly with her and do as much as possible, and would totally let her lead the process. They were super willing to work with her.

Does anyone have any pictures of what styles they do for the girls?? Its walk up only right?? Can you tell me where exactly it is? My daughters will be 6 and 2.5 next trip. I would hate to do just one a BBB. Maybe that is an option. And to be quite honest, I hate how extreme the hairstyles are at BBB. All that goop, pulled way too tight!

Does anyone have any pictures of what styles they do for the girls?? Its walk up only right?? Can you tell me where exactly it is? My daughters will be 6 and 2.5 next trip. I would hate to do just one a BBB. Maybe that is an option. And to be quite honest, I hate how extreme the hairstyles are at BBB. All that goop, pulled way too tight!

You can, and should, make reservations if you want to get into the HBS. As for photos, just Google "Harmony Barber Shop girls" and click images. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter