How Strict on Age for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Princess

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>you would never
I know it says ages 3-12, but how strict are they on the ages? Do they give leeway within a few weeks/months? Do they actually ask the child's age while you are there?

Any age person can get a makeover at BBB. Unless that has changed recently??? Maybe they mean guests 3-12 can wear the costumes???

It was changed recently (how recently I can't remember) to exclude adults from the makeover process. If the website says it's for ages 3-12 (whatever the reason), then it's for ages 3-12. If your child is less than 3 or older than 12, she should not participate.

I don't really see how a kid who is 2 years, 11 months and 2 weeks going is any different than a 3 year old going. Does anyone have actual experience and not just an opinion?

I don't really see how a kid who is 2 years, 11 months and 2 weeks going is any different than a 3 year old going. Does anyone have actual experience and not just an opinion?

You might not see a difference, but for whatever reason, Disney does. Technically, they could ask to see the child's park ticket to make sure she is of age. Honestly, the best option for a little one is the Harmony Barber Shop. They do really cute styles with color and glitter for about a third of the price of BBB. Also, the BBB styles are pulled VERY tightly and rough on young children's hair.

They let my daughter last year on the evening before her 3rd birthday ONLY because this was the ONLY appointment available for our entire stay and It was chance that we called when a cancelation was going through. It was a 645pm appointment, the park closed at 10 and her birthday was the following day. So I guess if its a day they MAY let it go. But I wouldnt try any earlier or later (if the child is turning 13 etc)

DO you consider her 3 and buy her a ticket?

Disney policy is BBB is for children 3-12. From what I have been told it has to do with the makeup not being tested on younger children.

Go for it! No, they don't ask to see a park ticket. A few years we went the week before my daughter's 3rd birthday, and honestly I never even gave it a second thought when I booked her appt. I'm sure they say 3-12 y/o because for the most part 2 years old aren't capable for sitting still for the 45min to get the makeover done. It's does take some time. As long as you know she can sit still for that long, you'll be fine.

Don't worry about all the people around here that are going to harass you about it! It's truly not a big deal!

Hmmm...I had never heard the age limit before. I thought they still allowed adults even. I knew there was an age limit on costumes bc of not wanting older girls to be confused as characters. That is why we were going to make unofficial outfits for my older girls (by unofficial, I mean you will be able to tell what princess is their favorite, but it won't look anything like the princess costumes.) My 13 year old daughtet already saved up to have her hair done. I will have to ask about that when I call.

I think it's important to remember also that they don't just do hair. They use makeup, and I'm sure for liability reasons they don't want that makeup on a child under 3's face. It's near their eyes too, so I personally would worry about my child rubbing it into their eyes at that age. Also, that's a TON of hairspray and stress to be putting on a young child's hair. The age of three isn't arbitrary. They pick an age where they feel the child is mature enough to listen to parents, physically grown enough to not have severe skin issues caused by makeup and with hair thick enough to handle the stress they put on it. Not to mention, again, this could be a liability thing depending on what products they use.

IMHO, go to the Harmony Barber Shop. It will be more unique, less strain, no makeup and faster, not to mention a fraction of the price! Also, when the Fairy Godmother in Training asks your little one how old she is, what will she say? If she says two, are you willing to risk being asked for a park ticket? For the record, I've been to the BBB, and this is a question asked (not in a forceful way, just in a getting to know you way) before they start doing anything (as the FGMT combs through to check for lice, etc.).

We took our Dgd in jan 2011 when she was 2. We didnt realize there was an age requirement. She didn't turn 3 till march and they never questioned us about her age. Even now at 4 she is very tiny and could pass for under 3, her 2.5 yr old sister who was a micro premie is the same size. She loved it!

We were told that the reason for the age restriction is that the make-up that they use has a "3 and up" marking on the product. This is the case with almost all the children's make-up items you would buy anywhere. I do not know if they would allow your child to participate if you told them her age or not but I do know from experience that if you ask 5 different Cm's a question, you will get 5 different answers so be prepared if an on the phone CM says yes, a on site one still may say no. I also do know that asking a child their age is a VERY common conversation starter with little ones and it is VERY likely that if you child is going to be asked her age even if it is not intended to exclude her from the experience.

So use all the information here and make your own decision.

Go for it! No, they don't ask to see a park ticket. A few years we went the week before my daughter's 3rd birthday, and honestly I never even gave it a second thought when I booked her appt. I'm sure they say 3-12 y/o because for the most part 2 years old aren't capable for sitting still for the 45min to get the makeover done. It's does take some time. As long as you know she can sit still for that long, you'll be fine.

Don't worry about all the people around here that are going to harass you about it! It's truly not a big deal!

the policy has changed from a few years ago, and now they actually DO check. I don't think to OP is going to get her kid in without a park ticket.

I just called BBB reservations earlier this week b/c I had misplaced one our confirmation numbers. When I was on hold, the information that plays while you wait said BBB is for "3 and up" not 3-12. I haven't checked the written information, but thought I would share that with the person whose 13 year old was planning to go.

As for the park ticket, the only time I could think of anyone asking for the park ticket for a BBB appointment is if your appointment is for a pre-opening appt. at MK. Noone is going to ask for a ticket at DTD. You can go to DTD without ever going into the parks and wouldn't even need to have a ticket or plan to go to the parks to make an appt. there.

I just called BBB reservations earlier this week b/c I had misplaced one our confirmation numbers. When I was on hold, the information that plays while you wait said BBB is for "3 and up" not 3-12. I haven't checked the written information, but thought I would share that with the person whose 13 year old was planning to go.

As for the park ticket, the only time I could think of anyone asking for the park ticket for a BBB appointment is if your appointment is for a pre-opening appt. at MK. Noone is going to ask for a ticket at DTD. You can go to DTD without ever going into the parks and wouldn't even need to have a ticket or plan to go to the parks to make an appt. there.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique/

"Guests ages 3 to 12 can choose from 3 hair styles—Fairytale Princess, Disney Diva and Pop Princess"

Thanx for that info. I am still a little nervous though b/c I looked at Disney's website, and it does say very clearly that it is for 3-12 year olds. I broke it to my daughter, and she was really upset. I may ask them when I call for the other appointments if they allow 13 year olds. No harm in asking. I would feel really bad if I didn't.

the upper age limit is newer, they started to have a problem with adults taking over

To the OP prepare to get ALOT of people saying not to do it, there is an age restriction for a reason, and why do you need to push it, she doesnt have a park ticket and so on... for us our older 2 did it and out younger one went to HBS and hers was MUCH better, she had fun and was comfortable they put in glitter, and colored (pink) streaks, and she loved it! a much better option for one too young for BBB (or too old) my oldest was 10 last yr when all 3 were old enough for BBB and she was a bit embarassed (to be honest) to be made up like a princess.

Honestly if my daughter were that close to 3 and u knew she could handle it and would love it I would just book it. We are doing the pirates league (also 3+) a week before my DS 3rd birthday. He really wants to do it and daddy is doing it with him. He will have a birthday "3" pin on, from what I understand as long as LO is under 3 at the start if your trip they are free ticket wise the whole trip even if they have a birthday there. If they ask us to see a ticket we will tell them it's his birthday that week or something. As far as them asking his age, it will be easily corrected given the recent birthday. Good luck!

We are traveling in Nov. my daughter will be 3, three weeks after our trip. My 5 yr old niece is going and I may send my daughter with her as she loves to play dress up in her princess costumes, loves nails & makeup. no she won't have a park ticket but who cares? You still have to pay for the service. Use your discretion and who cares what people think. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter