how old

I am 37, DH is 34 and our kids are 4 and 2. I would love 1 more, but I am feeling a little older everyday and the thought of being out of "baby jail" for good is very appealing. Not to mention my husband thinks I'm nuts just to mention having one more!

He also made the offer last time we discussed the topic that if I agreed to stop at 2 kids, he would agree to going to WDW every year instead of our previously discussed every 3 year frequency. Now that's a tempting offer! :)

O.K. them there are fight'n words. :lmao: :rotfl2: I start getting SS year after next (2010 at age 62) and you're at least 3 years behind me you young "whipper snapper" :rotfl:

Now sit down back down and eat your green beans and finish everything on your plate and wipe that drool off your face or no desert for you.:rotfl: :banana: :rotfl2:

Larry

Dang, glad I'm not the oldest old fart on the board now.

Its folks like you that give us something to keep waking up for. 47 years of marriage.....thats friggin beautiful...congrats to you on a life well lived. Whats your secret????

Just practice saying, Yes honey, anything you say honey, I'm sorry honey, heres my wallet honey and last but not least. No honey, your butt isn't getting bigger.

LOL...you're going straight to hell, bro...granted you'll have a nice corner office with a great view and a sexy assitant, but its still hell:lmao:

My Dw wants to go to Disney to "renew" our wedding vows, I told her that I was waiting for them to expire....

LOL expire...I love it!!!

I am 33,DH is 35, and our kids are dd,16,ds,11. He has a son also but he doesnt live with us. Although his mom took him to WDW this summer so we are leaving him on our trip!!!( Hes 1. We just got married so dont think hmmmmm LOL!)

My Dw wants to go to Disney to "renew" our wedding vows, I told her that I was waiting for them to expire....

36_11_6.gif

If you ask my older kids I'm 21 forever :upsidedow Unfortunately I haven't got the little guy trained yet and he cannot say thirty anything it always sounds like 40. According to him I'm 48 :rolleyes: :lmao: So the reality is that I'm 38 years old married to a younger man who is 37 :woohoo: :woohoo: We were high school sweethearts and just celebrated the 21st anniversary of our first date. We've been married 15 years and we have 3 sons ages 12, 10 and 5. I had pregnancies straight from Hades and it took awhile to get up the courage to have #3. My doctor has told us that I would not survive another pregnancy so we are done :thumbsup2 Thankfully we are all Disney crazed and we love to camp. Heck we love to do anything as a family.

I am 38 and dh is 39 we have 4 kids ds #1 is 17 dd is 15 ds#2 is 9 and ds#3 is 9 months. We feel old this time around. Of course with both of us working and having older kids to have to cart around to everything it makes it a lot harder. We have a trip to the fort(cabins) scheduled for June 6-12. last one before my oldest leaves home. I wanted one trip to Disney with all my kids together before they started moving out. should be an interesting trip.

I am 38 and dh is 39 we have 4 kids ds #1 is 17 dd is 15 ds#2 is 9 and ds#3 is 9 months. We feel old this time around. Of course with both of us working and having older kids to have to cart around to everything it makes it a lot harder. We have a trip to the fort(cabins) scheduled for June 6-12. last one before my oldest leaves home. I wanted one trip to Disney with all my kids together before they started moving out. should be an interesting trip.

I hear ya! I think the last kid should come home from the hospital with one of those in-car DVD players, 'cause they're going to spend their young years strapped in the carseat being dragged to all the big kids' activities. I know mine did!

She eventually "unfolded" from car seat position and is now a normal, healthy, 6-year-old Disney camping lover!

Sue in Texas
...planning those last "gotta do it while we're all still together" trips, too...

Thank you so much for your thoughts and best wishes! I'm hanging on to that miracle!

Here's another one for you, Monica -- we knew a woman who had a "surprise" at 48! No treatments, no planning, total surprise. Their little girl is absolutely wonderful!

The mom had recently married a younger guy, and we always thought that had something to do with it. :rolleyes1

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you,

Sue in Texas
...hope springs eternal...

Well, I'm SURE it had "something" to do with it!;)

My aunt had her youngest ..and a "surprise" 6th baby when she was 42....I was 22 at the time having my first. When she had her baby they had the "sibling visitation". So of course her kids came to see the baby. Only her second youngest at that point was 15...and they ranged from 15 to 23. When a nurse saw all the people in the room with the newborn..she was upset about it..reprimanding my aunt that this was "only for siblings..not friends and relatives". Imagine her surprise when my aunt told her that these people WERE the babies siblings. :rotfl:
So..I have a cousin the same age as my first born!

I will be 37 and DH turned 38 today. We are still trying to have kids. We got married late, just 2004. It was the first for us both. We had a miscarriage last year. It gives me comfort to know that women can have kids later in life. I know we're all different, but it gives me a little hope that it's not too late :).

Monica

Don't give up hope at all! My husband and I were 37 when our twins were born. They are 16 now. We've been married almost 32 years. We are "older parents" but wouldn't trade one minute of it. There are many women getting pregnant in their late 30's and 40's!

We have a great life, lots of family memories and plenty of Advil for old age achiness. ;) We wish we could of had more kids but couldn't. We're blessed with the 2 greatest kids and life is beyond great.

We do tease that the kids may have to come by the nursing home to visit us before their senior prom. We can still make it up the bleachers for the ds's football games and walk the course for dd's golf. We live a pretty active life.

It's all about how you parent...not how old the parent is.

Friends of our just had twin boys a year ago at the age of 42. Our son is 12 (almost 13) and we are 42 (actually DH is 41). As much as we wanted more children I couldn't imagine just starting a family right now at 42 years old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter