How often do you talk to your family

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
My cousins, aunts and uncles , cousins,only at funerals, I only have a sister and not talking to her right now, Im really mad at her and I dont know why

DID MY MOM PUT YOU UP TO THIS??? j/k

My Mom calls me 2-3x every day but I only call her back 1x because I have a life and don't have time to listen to her give me the play by play on Judge Judy. I've told her before that most 64 year old women do not call their 29* year old daughters 2-3x a day just to "check in" but she doesn't believe me. Other relatives I just email or txt because I hate talking on the phone. I am curious to find out how many times a day other parents feel the need to call their adult children, perhaps I'm the one with unrealistic expectation.

* this number is heavily exaggerated, I will never be older than this number.

Almost every day for both son and daughter.
They are the ones that call.....son usually when he is driving somewhere and gets his obligatory call over with :rotfl:
Daughter more often text than call. Where she lives her phone cuts out a lot.

Only email to one cousin.....that's about it.

Going tomorrow with my sister to meet aunts and cousins for our oldest aunt’s birthday. But honestly we don’t talk to them often.

My sister every couple of weeks. I talk to her daughters more often. No real reason, just sort of that way since Mom died.

My kids every day for two of them and the oldest every day when he is in the country. They all text or call me.

My brother, almost never. The older he gets the grouchier he gets. Last time I talked to him, he yelled at me in his drive way.

DID MY MOM PUT YOU UP TO THIS??? j/k

My Mom calls me 2-3x every day but I only call her back 1x because I have a life and don't have time to listen to her give me the play by play on Judge Judy. I've told her before that most 64 year old women do not call their 29* year old daughters 2-3x a day just to "check in" but she doesn't believe me. Other relatives I just email or txt because I hate talking on the phone. I am curious to find out how many times a day other parents feel the need to call their adult children, perhaps I'm the one with unrealistic expectation.

* this number is heavily exaggerated, I will never be older than this number.
I used to talk to my dad 2-3 times a day every day & even got annoyed by him calling sometimes. But I REALLY miss that now more than anything. He died unexpectedly 2 years ago.

My sister at least once a week, sometimes more, my brother every few months and the rest of them (mostly nieces and nephews) it varies between once a week to less than once a year.

I talk to my parents almost everyday. Lately I've been at their house most days since my dad is having health issues. My brother and sister are sitting at my dining table right now, looking through photos of my uncle who just passed away. We're making a display board of pictures for his service next weekend. My college kid calls or texts me almost everyday when he's away at school. I started a Facebook group for all of my cousins to keep them updated on my dad's health. I'd say we're a pretty close family overall!

My cousins, aunts and uncles , cousins,only at funerals, I only have a sister and not talking to her right now, Im really mad at her and I dont know why
Maybe you can text your sis and say “ you know why I’m mad at you, right?” And she’ll respond and say, “ is it because xyz?” And then you’ll know.

I don't live near any family. Over the years I've always spoken to my parents at least weekly on the phone and my sister about the same. My brother probably about once a month, more once we started texting. Now my brother and I probably communicate the most since my sister and my parents don't text.

Now my parents are elderly and need help so I talk to them several times a week when I'm not there with them and also talk to my siblings several times a week to strategize caregiving duties.

Now my sons are adults too and they check in about weekly, probably a little less. If something is going on with the grandparents or any of us we do talk more. We text in between on occasion - maybe twice a week?

If DH and I are apart (I spend almost 1/2 time with my parents right now) we try to talk daily, but it doesn't always happen. I don't know how people manage phone conversations multiple times a day on a regular basis.

I communicate with my cousins mostly through facebook or if one of us is traveling to another's area and want to plan a visit. My aunts and uncles are all deceased.

Last edited:
If more than 2-3 days go by without a call from my mother, I start to wonder if she's okay.

The rest of my family, I try to check in with a couple of times a year. And that's better than I used to - when my brother died, I talked to an aunt and an uncle that I hadn't spoken to since my grandmother's funeral almost a decade earlier. There's never been a reason we don't talk - in fact, my uncle on that side is my favorite of all the extended family. Its just that my father's side of the family tends to be rather mobile and not especially rooted in one place (or to one phone number) so we drift in and out of touch. Now that we've all got cell phones, we're making an effort to stay more connected. There are so few of us left that it seems like a shame to only reconnect when someone else dies.

I am not close to my family, sadly.

We live 2 hours from my parents (divorced but live in the same town) and see them 2 times a year at the holidays. I talk to them on the phone maybe 2-3 other times per year, if that.

I have 3 siblings and don’t really keep in steady contact with them. We may text occasionally, but that’s it. I see 2 of them around the holidays. One brother lives across the country and I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw him.

My dad walked out on us when I was 6. He dutifully paid his support and came around every now and then, but he was pretty much a stranger to me growing up. I have no animosity toward him, but there just has never been a close bond.

My mom and I used to be much closer. There were some things that made her distance herself from me, although we are still on good terms.

I talk to my mom on average about every other day, and we shop almost every Saturday morning together. I don't talk much to my extended family. They all live at least two states away. We might message on facebook or text occasionally, maybe 4-5 times a year. I mostly keep up on my aunts and uncles through my mom. Once my dad and grandma on his side died I pretty much lost contact with that side of the family.

My immediate family; wife and two sons, almost daily, though oldest son is working on his Masters. But as for my brother see your question about crazy siblings and you'll understand why I haven't spoken with him in 12 years. My parents have passed.

I no longer speak to my sister or brother. I do speak to their adult children though as I live down the street from one and run into another often. My kids? I live with two right now waiting to buy a home for my disabled daughter that can suit her needs. My son lives about 3 miles away. I get texts often to babysit :love: When Little League season comes around, it's usually 3 times a week. My parents have passed away but before they did, we talked daily and had all birthdays at their house for kids and adults.

I speak to a cousin often, maybe once a week or more. My mom and dad both come from large families. All but one aunt on my dad's side have passed. This one aunt who is 90 sends cards monthly to my daughter. I mainly speak to my cousins on my dad's side on facebook as we are spread out. But, we all grew up together as my aunt/uncles always got together at grandpa's on Sundays for dinner.

My mom's side, they are in England and a few in PA. I speak to them on Facebook.

I call my DD a couple of times a week. I talk to my sons weekly along with my brother and my dad and my dad’s sister. I talk to my dad’s other sister every few months and my other aunt a few times a year. The aunt I don’t talk to often my brother sees them and talks to them often because they live close to each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter