How often do you talk to your family

My dad 3-4 times a week. He’s too far away. He comes to stay with me each year for a few weeks. We both look forward to his visits. This year... We ll be vacationing together my hubby n his gf. We all have such a fun time together.
Siblings ... some calls 3-4 times a week, others text once a month. Xtrnded family... nieces, text monthly.
As they ve grown up the physical distance is further...but I always seem to get the call or text saying they wanna come visit/stay and they do
:)

I never talk on the phone. I talk to my mom on the phone on holidays usually but that’s about it. I’ve spoken to one sister on the phone once in about 11 years. I’m just not a phone talker. However I talk to my siblings and mom often through text/Facebook messages. I don’t talk to any aunts/uncles or cousins ever.

Talk to my Mom maybe once a month. Usually with quick email in between.

Siblings just when have something to say. Random text every few weeks.

Husband phones his mother weekly.

I have a large, very involved extended family. I see aunts, uncles, cousins, great aunts, etc. at least once a month for birthdays and holidays, plus I'm usually texting or talking on the phone with one of them daily. I see my grandma every couple days, I live very close to her and I try to watch over her as much as I can--she is 83 years old and lives alone. My grandma raised me for most of my childhood,she is more a mother to me than my actual mother.

Speaking of my actual mother, she calls me every single day to complain about her life for about an hour to an hour and a half, will not listen and interrupts me if I try to talk about what is going on in my life or the kids' lives, and then spends the last part of our conversation trying to guilt me into letting her move in with me. Ugh. I usually will just put the phone down while she is talking and go about my business, then pick it back up if she goes quiet and say something like "uh huh" or "that sucks".

My mom and I talk everyday. It is very rare to go more than 1 or 2 days without talking, and then that is a long phone call to catch up! My daughters (6 years and 13 months) like to call her every few days, when she isn’t in town. My dad will usually jump in on the call a few times a week.

I text with with sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law, but rarely call them- they all hate talking on the phone.

Almost never. No one in our family (including me) likes to talk on the phone.

I send out a message via Facebook before we travel to California (1-3x per year) so we can see each other in person.

I love my family, but every time I see them I remember why I live 350 miles away from them.

I live in a basement apt in my oldest daughter's house. Since I have my own driveway & entrance sometimes we go days without seeing or speaking to each other. But some Saturday's after work we go out & about and are always together on Sunday as we ride to church together & then so out for dinner or shopping. Grandson moved out about a month ago but used to see/talk to him daily. I hear granddaughter a bit as her room is right over my bedroom, lol.
Youngest daughter drops her 2 kids off every morning on her way to work so usually see/talk to her & those 2 grands every day. And on Sunday. Don't see or talk to youngest son as often since he moved in with his girlfriend. Haven't talked to my oldest son in a few months, he lives about an hour away & it is hard to talk to him on the phone since he had a stroke 4 years ago. I need to pay him a visit soon....
One sister I talk to daily weekdays as we work for the same company. Older sister I don't talk to as often because it is so hard to get off the phone with her & youngest sister has apparently disowned me for some slight.

That's all. My parents are both dead & I never see aunts/uncles/cousins ever.

Not as often as I should. Not that anybody is mad at anybody, just get busy and wrapped up in what you're doing in your own world kind of thing. I talk to my dad every couple weeks. I talk to my cousins every now and then (I am an only child). I do see my in-law family at least once a week.

My sister lives down the street from me. Our kids go to the same school and are friends, so I talk to her often. We also have a "group chat" with our parents and are pretty active on it, so we stay in touch that way. I usually try to call/see them at least once a week. (More recently since my mom broke her leg. My sister and I are taking turns walking her dog.)

I stay in touch with one of my aunts and one of my cousins. I talk to them maybe once a month. But other than that, it's weddings, funerals, and the occasional comment on a facebook post, etc.

My parents, once a week - I usually call on Sunday nights, it's a tradition we started when I went to college.

My siblings, not often - more texts from time to time. We usually get together every month or two for a birthday or some other occasion. My wife actually talks to my sister more than I do - they've always been very close.

Extended family, pretty much never - Facebook is usually where I'll update folks like that. My mom's side has a family reunion once a year in the summer - we try to make it to that every couple years.

Son- he is a long distance trucker but he checks in with us every few days, he knows we worry about him
Daughter- we text a few times a week and she lives just a quarter mile away
When my parents were alive Mom and I would talk on the phone a couple times a week
Grandchildren- basically keep in touch on Facebook
Cousins on Facebook too

I am horrible about staying in touch with people, in general. Thankful for Facebook.

I barely call my parents, and we are on great terms. I am just not a call and chat type of person. I call maybe once every couple weeks, but we see each other a few times a year.
I have 2 brothers that I almost never talk to in between visits, but when we get together it's great. Maybe when I'm older, I'll do more chatting.

We have a mixtured of severed ties, weekly/biweekly texting, and here & there where we can pick up right where we left off like it was yesterday. It’s mostly just our nuclear family of 4.

My brothers, neices, nephews, and mom all the time. I'm friends with my cousins on social media and we interact pretty regularly but I usually only see them at events like weddings, funerals, graduations, etc. I do run into a few of my cousins at races since we run and do some common events.

Oh as for extended relatives. It's more at weddings and funerals.
They are scattered all over. Plus none of us were like super close or anything. It's great to see them at family occasions and we have nice chats but besides FB we don't contact one another on a regular basis.
Same with aunts. I'll call one aunt in another province one a year. Besides that it's funerals and Christmas cards.

My Mom talks to her siblings more so I get family gossip via her.

I see my dd every day as she still lives at home going to college. My 2 sons, I text at least 1x a week to check in, if I haven't heard from them before then. My parents are gone. I text my dh daily. He works afternoons and I work days so we don't see each other until Saturday's. I will chat with my MIl sometimes but I am not great at calling to check on them. I leave that to dh to do. I don't talk to my sil's, etc on my husbands side and we only see each other at holidays. I have 2 sisters and one I just reconiled with over the holidays and the other only calls when drunk so I try to stay away. I keep in regular touch with my neices and some of my nephews. I do not have any aunts or uncles alive any more and my cousins - some of them - i see a couple times a year and on FB.

I have a mom and a sister - I never talk to them on the phone (I don't like to talk on the phone), but I do text with them almost every day.

We rarely talk to the ILs. They won't communicate with me because for some reason, they take it as very offensive that I don't enjoy talking on the phone. So they refuse to call me and won't even communicate by text (even though they communicate with others that way). It's very odd - it's nothing against them, and I don't think it's unusual to not enjoy talking on the phone. But for some reason it really bothers them.

I have extended family (cousins, aunts, uncles, etc) but we stopped seeing them for the most part when my kids were born. I don't want to expose my children to them because they're really racist. So we don't talk to them, and I haven't seen them in a lot of years.

I'm generally not liked by my family so i really don't speak to anyone, ever. Used to talk to my dad several times a week and get together for dinner once a month, but he remarried and retired in Sept 18' so I don't hear from him anymore. I'm old news lol.

My mom has hated me since I was a baby so we really don't talk on the phone, but she loves my dog so every few months I'll bring him over so they can visit each other.

DS18 - 3-4 times a week, more if he is home or needs me for help with things

One of my 4 sisters - at least once a week

Rest of my sisters and brothers - at least once a quarter, usually more. We definitely try to see each other at least that often, but it's an unwritten mandatory rule that we get ALL get together in the summer and at Christmas for a weekend.

Mom - probably once a month.

Dad - a few times a year

Aunts/uncles/cousins/etc - too many to count or stay in touch with, but I'd say the majority once every few years, mostly at weddings or other big family things, and in smaller settings, maybe once or twice a year depending on who shows up to what

Mostly everyone is on facebook or other social media, so we keep up that way too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter