How Much Was It?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!!!UPDATE 5/12/14 PG 30

Mr. Toad!

The Q looks like you are in his house

If you have watched the Wind in the Willows cartoon recently (on Netflix fyi) it is just like that. Mr. Toad isn't supposed to drive and when he does things get crazy

Not a good ad for don't drink and drive..

Mr. Toad does get in trouble though and gets sent to see the devil. Yep this Disney ride ends with you downstairs :rolleyes1 I figured the DIS would block the actual word. I am not quite sure what Disney was thinking.. Overall we weren't impressed and do not understand why people miss this ride!

I love this building!

Yep we were going to see a liar

I was obsessed with Figero as a kid! My dad bought me a stuffed one when I was little and I loved it!

He is such a happy puppet

Uh oh

I thought the fireworks were cool

It is obviously very dark in here!

Oh noo!!!!!!!

Phew everything worked out!

Outside of the ride they had this window

So it was at this point we passed by a guy with a few kids

I thought he was attractive and looked like my type. He was covered in tattoos though and had kids so I didn't take a very close look. I did remember he had a red backpack though. We get home and a few weeks later we found out that this "attractive guy" was actually David Beckham :rotfl2: Lesson learned keep your eyes peeled for celebrities at DL!

We continued our tour of the park

and dad and I decided it was time for Nemo!

The area is very cute!

We ended up in Neptune!

Us submerging underwater

It is a very pretty ride!

There's Darla!

some ancient ruins

Pretty seaweed

I am pretty sure these hieroglyphs mean "do not vacation anywhere else Disney is your home" or some other form of subliminal messaging

In this area you see the Nemo friends

After going through an underwater volcano we made it back up to the surface and headed here

I am assuming it was a good ride and I know it had a short line!

Our next ride had quite the line by the time we showed up! We had wanted to ride It's a Small World but it wasn't open yet due to some taping. So I had really wanted to do the Storybook Boats so of course we headed there!

The boats are named after different characters!

AAHHH we are being eaten!

I find it hilarious when ducks are all like "I don't care if this is a ride I am gonna sleep here"

The different villages all came from different storybooks

A beautiful castle!

The circus train passed by

close up of the area around the castle

Just gorgeous!

Looks like we are visiting Aladdin and Jasmine!

and Prince Eric and Ariel!

It was a cute ride and worth the wait! Our next wait was to be Alice in Wonderland!

I am a fan of the open air tea cups!

This is another dark ride! DL loves it dark rides!

You are greeted by the Cheshire Cat!

Part of the ride also goes outside

The Tweedles

Painting the roses red!

A little croquet

someone isn't happy

You take another road outside

and end up here

A dandy lion

We enjoyed our trip through Wonderland and it was finally time for some Small World! Yes you will never hear me be excited about Small World but this one has Disney characters in it!

We saw the train pass by

So pretty!

They also had some cool topiaries

and they have penguins!!

The only similarity between this ride and WDW is the creepy song :laughing:

I mean they have Alice and the White Rabbit!

Pinocchio

Cinderella with Jacques and Gus

Abu

Mushu

Mulan

Simba and Pumba

You can also see Timon in the close up

The Three Caballeros

Nemo and Dory

Lilo and Stitch

Jessie

and Woody and Bullseye!

It was very cool seeing all the Disney characters throughout!

We headed back to Tomorrowland

Dad and I rode Space Mountain

We met up with mom after and headed in to Innovations

Dad and I tried Disney Infinity

Which helped me decide no I did not want it :laughing: That resulted in mom and dad returning the game they had bought me :(

This is the future house that they have on the ground floor of the area

Before we headed down we had to see a superhero

This was a cool area they had a wall filled with all of the original Iron Man suits

I am a huge Iron Man fan mainly because I have a crush on Robert Downey Jr. unfortunately Tony Stark wasn't there today but dad was able to try on the suit!

and these are our photopass pics of it

After dad lived out his dream of being a hero we headed downstairs to check out the house

All of the picture frames were digital and changed pictures.

We stumbled upon story time!

The cannon went off during different parts of the story! The story was Peter Pan!

Dad and I headed to Star Tours after while mom got a snack!

C3PO

It was the same as in DHS but we love it!

Next up time to help Buzz again!

This ride is so much better with the movable guns!

Next up Story time and lunch!

Not only was a behind two updates, but the last one was a mega update! :thumbsup2 So much to comment on and yet I can't remember a thing.

I love the ride pic of you and your dad (whaley) on space mountain! ;) That is too cute!

What really intrigues me about DL is how its a perfect combination of the classic rides (which don't even exist at WDW anymore) and the newer rides. And it seems like you can just ping pong your way from one ride to the next. Snow white to Star Wars. It's just crazy.

Of course, Carsland it beyond amazing and I really can't wait to see it in person some day.

Your night time shots are gorgeous. Oh - and so are the shots from the submarine. So clear. Was it really claustrophobic down there?

Not only was a behind two updates, but the last one was a mega update! :thumbsup2 So much to comment on and yet I can't remember a thing.

Aw! I just couldn't find a good place to cut off until lunch :rotfl:

I love the ride pic of you and your dad (whaley) on space mountain! ;) That is too cute!

Thank you! He won't be able to live that down now!

What really intrigues me about DL is how its a perfect combination of the classic rides (which don't even exist at WDW anymore) and the newer rides. And it seems like you can just ping pong your way from one ride to the next. Snow white to Star Wars. It's just crazy.

Of course, Carsland it beyond amazing and I really can't wait to see it in person some day.

Your night time shots are gorgeous. Oh - and so are the shots from the submarine. So clear. Was it really claustrophobic down there?
Everything is very close by! You don't realize how small it is until you are there!

You need to!

Thank you! It was a bit but I didn't have an issue with it. It also was pretty hot so I was happy once we were out :rotfl:

Love Carsland!! Your pictures bring it to life!

I have always felt DHS was so poorly represented and then I went to Universal last weekend...I really felt a lot of what is missing at DHS. But after reading your day at DCA...wow! I wish WDW could do something with DHS and Future World at Epcot! They need some serious love!!

I have been planning a hopeful trip to DL next year and reading this keeps making me so determined to make it happen!

Love Carsland!! Your pictures bring it to life!

I have always felt DHS was so poorly represented and then I went to Universal last weekend...I really felt a lot of what is missing at DHS. But after reading your day at DCA...wow! I wish WDW could do something with DHS and Future World at Epcot! They need some serious love!!

I have been planning a hopeful trip to DL next year and reading this keeps making me so determined to make it happen!

Thank you!

Me too! I hope in the future they make some changes!

I think everyone needs to see it at least once!

Another great update with great photos, thanks for posting.

Happy Easter to you and you family.

Oh Wow! What an update with loads of rides! Okay, I have to say I'm one of those people that loved Mr Toad. Yes it was corny and not really done well but its really nostalgic for me:rolleyes: I love all the dark rides they have. Pinocchio looks so cute, would love to ride Snow White again, Alice and storybook land looked so cute. They should definitely add Disney characters to our Small World - love that! Good job on the heart on Space Mountain!

Oh Wow! What an update with loads of rides! Okay, I have to say I'm one of those people that loved Mr Toad. Yes it was corny and not really done well but its really nostalgic for me:rolleyes: I love all the dark rides they have. Pinocchio looks so cute, would love to ride Snow White again, Alice and storybook land looked so cute. They should definitely add Disney characters to our Small World - love that! Good job on the heart on Space Mountain!

I guess I just wasn't old enough to remember much about it the first time I rode it :confused3 It just doesn't seem very "Disney" to me.

They are all amazing rides!

Agreed!

Thank you!

This was to be our Fantasyland morning!

Welcome to... Fantasyland morning.

Yeah, you're too young to get that...
Heck, Your mom is too young to get that.

On our way through the castle we passed by Olivia Newton John aka Sandy from Grease!

Cool!

Mom freaked out a bit :laughing: and had to text my grandma and let her know!

Well... Of course she did!

Our mission this morning was rides, rides AND RIDES!! Our first was Peter Pan!

I love that the mission control area is in a chimney!

That is pretty cool.
Did they have the "flying over London" part, too?
That's always been my favorite part of the ride.

She pulls back the curtain every now and then. I am pretty sure I had to wait a minute to get her to show her face but it's too cool not to get a picture of!

And it looks like she's staring right at you!
Run Caitlin! Run!

If you touch the book you hear the Evil Queen's laugh and thunder!

Ooohh... you must've gotten a shiver from that.

I think Snow White annoys me the most out of all the Princesses. I mean come on a princess who is obsessed with cleaning... Yeah we wouldn't get along :rotfl: Although I could use those woodland friends to help with my bedroom :rolleyes1

Doesn't work.
Both my DDs have a guinea pig...

Didn't help.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Is it just me? Or does this ride look better than WDW's, too?

Next up was one I hadn't ridden in a long time!

Mr. Toad!

Never rode it.
And it was gone before I realized I hadn't been on it! :laughing:

I am not quite sure what Disney was thinking.. Overall we weren't impressed and do not understand why people miss this ride!

Probably just the nostalgia.

Gee... I wish I could say that people miss IASW because it was gone.

:rolleyes:

I was obsessed with Figero as a kid! My dad bought me a stuffed one when I was little and I loved it!

And you either still have it or want one.

Deny it if you can.

So it was at this point we passed by a guy with a few kids

I thought he was attractive and looked like my type. He was covered in tattoos though and had kids so I didn't take a very close look. I did remember he had a red backpack though. We get home and a few weeks later we found out that this "attractive guy" was actually David Beckham :rotfl2: Lesson learned keep your eyes peeled for celebrities at DL!

Just how much did you kick yourself for not getting a picture?

and dad and I decided it was time for Nemo!

Wow. Does that ride ever bring back memories of 20,000 Leagues.
Loved that ride.

I am pretty sure these hieroglyphs mean "do not vacation anywhere else Disney is your home" or some other form of subliminal messaging

:laughing: You're probably right!

I am a fan of the open air tea cups!

That is nice.
Guess it doesn't rain quite as often as it does in Florida.

We enjoyed our trip through Wonderland and it was finally time for some Small World! Yes you will never hear me be excited about Small World but this one has Disney characters in it!

Hmmm.... Maybe if I had headphones on with the volume cranked....

Nah.

Dad and I rode Space Mountain

Hard to tell.... did you enjoy it?

:rolleyes:

We met up with mom after and headed in to Innovations

That really surprised me.
I would not have thought that DL would have Innoventions

Dad and I tried Disney Infinity

Which helped me decide no I did not want it :laughing: That resulted in mom and dad returning the game they had bought me :(

Whoops!

Before we headed down we had to see a superhero

This was a cool area they had a wall filled with all of the original Iron Man suits

This area is so cool!
I could easily see myself spending a lot of time here.

A lot.

I am a huge Iron Man fan mainly because I have a crush on Robert Downey Jr.

Have you ever seen Chaplin?
If you haven't... rent it.
His only film where he was nominated for an Academy Award (in a leading role)

unfortunately Tony Stark wasn't there today but dad was able to try on the suit!

Yup.
I think I have to go there. Just for that.

The cannon went off during different parts of the story! The story was Peter Pan!

:laughing: That sounds like fun!

Next up Story time and lunch!

Thanks for all that.
Really got to see what all the rides are like thanks to all the photos.
Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter