How much more entitled can people get?

I get the dress code at the signatures. It is a fine enough experience that warrants taking time out of your park day to clean up and get fancy nancy ;)

I have read complaints on other boards about people's attire and not dressing properly at non-signature TS restaurants. I can't agree with that because WDW itself found good reason to allow T-shirts and shorts at these places, otherwise they'd put a dress code here as well. There has to be a compromise between hot park days and flexibility to drop into a table service meal.

I work with a guy who takes his family out to a certain pizza joint about once every 2 weeks. He comes to work the next day and complains about the food and the service every time and states how he had his meal comped every time. Dude, if you don't like the place, stop going.

I have had bad service and I have had really bad food. I have never complained about any of it. I complain with my wallet. I do however talk to the manager or others to compliment issues. Recently tried a new restaurant. It was packed. I thought it was a local owned. Turned out to be just a fancy looking chain. Food was clearly just frozen food heated up. Terrible. I walked out after talking to the manager telling him how extraordinary the young waiter was and left a $20 tip for a $45 meal. I highly doubt they would completely change their business model of teenage cooks heating frozen food items if I complained about the actual food. I'll just never eat there again.

I feel the same way but I will complain about the food if it’s bad. But we don’t go back if we’ve had more then one bad experience. There are toooo many places to go to go back

I would never even think to see what a dress code would be at a glorified amusement park vacation spot. I would assume park attire would be the dress code as we are vacationing at a park.
But see you would be wrong in your assumption and should not be admitted with out the required dress code.

I hear ya, but when you go to the trouble of following the dress code, then sit around a bunch of people in shorts and so forth, it takes away from the whole atmosphere.
Yes, maintaining the atmosphere is significant to achieve the full effect. Fine dining isn't only the gourmet food, the social interaction of sharing this elevated experience is equally important.

I think people should abide by the dress code on the signatures (which has an established dress code). It's really quite simple. Even nice shorts are allowed, you just shouldn't look like you came off Splash Mountain in a tank top and water shoes/flip flops. I dine signature just about every trip and I haven't actually seen anyone get really "fancy" in them, so a nice put together look in casual clothes fits well.

As for the in park dining (50's Prime Time, Sci Fi, The Plaza, etc), I think they have to expect that people are going to be in park attire, no matter how bad that might be.

I feel the same way but I will complain about the food if it’s bad. But we don’t go back if we’ve had more then one bad experience. There are toooo many places to go to go back

If we think the food is not for us, or just not good quality, we pay and leave and never go back. If it was poorly prepared, like burnt or something like that, then we will say something. We also don't complain just to get free food. We don't even expect anything free if they make a mistake. As long as they fix it, we are happy.

If we think the food is not for us, or just not good quality, we pay and leave and never go back. If it was poorly prepared, like burnt or something like that, then we will say something. We also don't complain just to get free food. We don't even expect anything free if they make a mistake. As long as they fix it, we are happy.
Yes, this is what I meant about not complaining. The food was just garbage quality food, not poorly prepared. I paid, as I was leaving the manager stopped and I commended our waiter stating he was outstanding, and left a very large tip for the waiter. Though I probably would not have if I was covering the bill. The bill was covered and I covered the tip. Bill was only $45, but if I was covering that, the tip probably would have been a good tip, just not as good.

I get the dress code at the signatures. It is a fine enough experience that warrants taking time out of your park day to clean up and get fancy nancy ;)

I have read complaints on other boards about people's attire and not dressing properly at non-signature TS restaurants. I can't agree with that because WDW itself found good reason to allow T-shirts and shorts at these places, otherwise they'd put a dress code here as well. There has to be a compromise between hot park days and flexibility to drop into a table service meal.

Completely agree. I don't get the fuss about the "dress code" in the parks. Guess maybe I don't pay enough attention, but unless they're buck naked I don't really care what someone else is wearing when they're walking around Magic Kingdom.

Oh god entitled customers. I've seen so many. As I said in another thread I could write a book...

We had an elderly woman scream at us because my chain was in bankruptcy at the time and we couldn't honor her previously sent out coupon. There were only flyers in neon orange on about every five feet of the store. None of us would have jobs in a month. None of us got our vacation days, or employee incentives, but no, your 5$ coupon is the important thing. "I'm never shopping here again! Go to H___!!!" "We won't be here in a month and we're already there."

I told a guy we had no more discounts to offer on an item about ten times once only to have him say "Oh, you and I both know that's not true sweetie." Look, you can call me most any pronoun, or 'hunny' or anything southern, but a six foot tall middleaged dude calling me 'sweetie' in a condescending tone meant I sicced my manager on him. Bless his heart I heard the two yelling shortly after.

I had a family with a baby go to our dollar shop area (You know, little bins of cheap items) plop their baby on the shelf and proceed to change a poopy diaper. We. Have. BATHROOMS. Not even far away bathrooms. This was at the front of the store. They left the diaper on the shelf for us to clean up afterwards.

Until businesses push back against customers, it will continue to get worse.

I feel like it all started over 10 years ago when the recession hit and businesses were doing everything they could to keep customers. The economy is doing great, so I hear, so I don't understand what scares businesses from demanding that dress codes be adhered to in nicer places or pushing back hard on unreasonable requests.

I think I came across the answer at the library today:
41z6uQnOIpL.jpg

I had a family with a baby go to our dollar shop area (You know, little bins of cheap items) plop their baby on the shelf and proceed to change a poopy diaper. We. Have. BATHROOMS. Not even far away bathrooms. This was at the front of the store. They left the diaper on the shelf for us to clean up afterwards.

When I worked at Macy's, I went to clear out the fitting rooms and found one with urine and blood on the floor and clothes (which were also on the floor). So disgusting. We had to throw out all the merchandise and have the whole room deep cleaned.

Yes, maintaining the atmosphere is significant to achieve the full effect. Fine dining isn't only the gourmet food, the social interaction of sharing this elevated experience is equally important.
If you're looking for gourmet food and an elevated experience, why are you eating at Disney?

I think I came across the answer at the library today:
41z6uQnOIpL.jpg

Now it's, "customers make up stuff just to get something for free." We have a very small staff and all talk to each other. But people will come in and say that another worker "always" gives them this or that. No they don't. When there are under a dozen workers, you can't get away with that BS.

My great aunt and grandmother (rest their souls) were sweet and wonderful ladies. But, them and sugar packets - oh my. They would always order coffee when at restaurants. Both would drink it black, but each felt they were entitled to 2-3 sugar packets since most people do put them in their coffee. Then when they would get a refill and 2-3 more packets. If another family member was there and having coffee without using their sugar, they would claim those packets too. They were always taking sugar packets. My great aunt used to brag that she never bought even a pound of sugar. Once a month, she would take all her sugar packets and pour them into the sugar jar/cannister. She did a lot of baking, so you know she got a lot of free sugar packets. Not entirely sure what Grandma did with hers, but she did buy sugar as she would run out sometimes despite her sugar packets. I was too young to realize this was all going on, but my parents both were always trying to hide under the table at restaurants.

Worked at The Broadway in Phoenix (department store) late 1980s. Lady brought very very used iron to store in box. Stated it was new wedding present and wanted refund. Thank goodness manager backed us and refused!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter