How much did it cost you?!?!

Hiya, we go next week March 6th - 10th.
2 adults & 2 children staying at Santa Fe, including tickets, flights & parking in Manchester £680
Buffalo Bill booked same time with 10% off for extra £70
Character meal at Cafe Mickey at £70 (booked yesterday, left it too late to book Character meal which would have been free for children and £12 for adults)
Insurance form Post Office £30

Total £830 up to now
taking £600 spending money

I have spent an average of £100 on items to take: new disney dresses for girls, new disney suitcases and lots of Disney clothing to make it extra special for my girls who have no idea about our trip, they will find out
when we wake them up at 3am on Tuesday morning!

Lorraine:banana:

Trying to do it as cheaply as possible! Aren't we all.....

Anyway, 4 of us travelling (1 infant):

Flights to Orly from Valencia = £200
2 nights at Explorers = £108 (booked through easyjet hotels using hotelopia.com)
We are buying annual passes when we are there (3 x £80 as we are being sponsored by an exisitng annual pass holder)
Car hire = £68 from hertz
Insurance = £11

So, so far £627 and more than we wanted to spend but we have been able to book/pay for things in stages which helps. Plus, we will have annual passes which makes subsequent trips relatively inexpensive.

Besides, it will be worth it when my 3 year old meets Cinderella!!!! :)

Hi dgutte and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Hi all,

Here are the details from our recent booking.

Travelling on: 11th April 2007
Returning on: 14th April 2007

Days: 4
Nights: 3
Park: 2

Adults: 4
Children: 0
Seniors: 0

---------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: £676

Extras: Upgrade to Sequoia Lodge Hotel £99

Total: £775

This price is based on four adults sharing a room and includes all travel expenses.

I will update this with the other costs that we incurr i.e. travel insurance, spending money etc... on return.

Hi dgutte - are you the same dgutte as on the benidorm page for trip advisor:confused3 (if it is you, you are the expert person for advice on Benidorm):thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Yeah thats me! I get everywhere!

Off to DLP on Sunday.

£607 :cool1:

5 nts ( pay for 4) kids go free, seqouia lodge bed and brekkie,park passes for 6 days both parks. £566 eurotunel £121 for car and four people approx deisel costs poss £40? dunno.

and only one more day till we go....:cloud9:

We went in January for 3 days, 2 nights.

2 Adults

Flights from Prestwick - Beauvais = £46 inclusive of taxes, baggage etc
Santa Fe Hotel booked through Expedia - £169 inclusive of tickets & breakfast
Travel between Beauvais & DLP - £48

Total - £263 for 2 adults (£131.50 each)

Our flight home wasnt till 10:50pm so we spent half of the last day in Paris, we spent around £250-£300 in total on food, gifts etc.

Hi steven1976 and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

We go on 27th June for 6 nights.

Our DLP holiday is costing alot this year, because we have booked a suite. It seemed a long stay to be all in the one room, especially when our kids will be in bed early. I felt that I would be spending quite a lot of time in the hotel or having to go back to the hotel while we are there because our baby will only be 7 mths, so I wanted to stay onsite. Also I wanted airconditioning because last July it was 35 degrees a few days & the heat made it hard to sleep.

We had already booked flights from Belfast to CDG costing £405 for 2 adults, 1 child & 1 baby.

We are annual pass holders, so the price is for room only & judging by the sample suite prices I found on the internet, we seem to have got a 10% discount, but I may be wrong. I did have to give our annual pass number to book though.

Initially I thought we could stay at the Sequoia Lodge, but the very helpful CM on the suite information line informed me that they only had honeymoon suites, not suitable for a family & suggested Newport Bay, so I asked for a quote. It was £1893.24. I asked for the price in euro (all our income is in euro as DH works in Rep of Ireland & our credit card is euro). This was 2713.20 euro - a saving of £130 approx on the sterling price! We always find that it is cheaper to pay in euro.

Anyway the CM told us that it was the last available suite on those dates & the other hotels would be much more expensive so DH said to book it & I did! I am so excited but feel bad about spending so much money. We get VIP fastpasses too!

:) Don't feel bad about the money Karen!

Enjoy the extra luxury and let us know what the suite is like :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great trip! :woohoo:

Hi guys, since we have a few new members since this thread slowed down, i wondered if the newbies would like to chip inand tell us their costs, so that others can benefit from tips herein, and which is the cheapest way to travel and book etc. Please join in!:thumbsup2

hi there we are a budget family 1 not to great income while kids are young but we try not to deprive them we make it budget but with AP's it means we usually go more than once.........here is what it will roughly cost us
june20-26

ryanair pretwick-beauvais 0715 inward flight a fares all in return inc taxes £76 that is for the 4 of us 0.01p flights
22.30 return
transfers beauvais x 4returns (104euro) £70
train fare port maillot to chessy(20euro) £17
4 x AP FANTASY (516euro) £360
hotel premierre class via expedia also paid for in advance £238
spending money (£300-500)
we do make the getting there cheap we only use the accomodation to sleep and there after the second trip costs minus tha AP's so 1st trip just over £1000 but that is if we spend all our money and the 2nd time is a good bit cheaper last year we made it 3 times and managed to take in halloween and christmas seasons there besides flights and accomodation paid in advance so outlay there is reduced vastly i reckon it would cost us more to holiday in the uk with a lot less sparkle but i guess the long and short of it is you can make it as dear or as cheap as you like the magical memories are just as good maybe in years to come we might make first class but for now budget suits us fine our kids are only 3 and 4 so we take alot of the snacks with us choc sweets etc and we buy loads of fresh fruit at auchan but it will maybe help someone in the same situaton as us to realise you can do it on a shoestring and not be rushed to 2 nights 3 days we average 6.5 days in the park this way:yay:

Sequoia Lodge hotel for 2 nights for 3 adults & child: £465
Ferry crossing: £66
Petrol & tolls approx: £60

Total £591 for 2 nights/3 days

Spending money for myself about £150 also taking my credit card and will be using my shareholders card as much as possible.

Jan 2007 for 6 days
2 adults 2 children (age 6 & 1)
Flying from Edinburgh staying 5 nights at santa fe hotel
transfers and breakfast included and 6 days passes for the parks.
£776

BARGAIN:banana:

Booked with phone and fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter