How much did it cost you?!?!

mulan1

<font color=deeppink>Appreciates the OTHER 'prince
Hi guys,
I just wondered if people minded how much their trips to DLP have cost.
Like how did you travel?
Where did you stay (if anywhere)?
Where did you eat?
How much spending money did you bring and what did it buy?

For me, my mum, hubby, 4yr old and 18month old by Eurostar is costing £312
Our accomodation whicih we haven't booked yet will cost around £600 at Cheyenne if my memory serves me right, I will edit when i check again, now just wondering what food and shopping will cost us.
Please share!

Just checked it will cost us only £425 to stay at Cheyenne after all-Bonus!

We bought all our bits seperately for 3 nights in Feb (for 2 adults and 2 teenagers) and spent £618 this included

3 Nights room only Santa Fe (all in one room!)
2 days park tickets (for 4 - we all count as adults)
Eurotunnel crossing
(We also bought extra car insurance and break down cover)

I think we spent £60 on petrol.

We took 700 Euro and spent most of it on food, a daytrip to Paris (49 for train tickets 100 for bus tour) and souvenirs.

So I guess we spent a little under £1200 in total.

Libby

Wow!as much as that! better save my pocket money up for souvenirs!

We are going for 4 nights in July - 2 adults and 3 teenagers flying from Edinburgh, staying in the Sequoia Lodge. Flights were £900, and 4 nights in 2 rooms, including park tickets and Buffalo Bills is around £1700 (this was 4 nights for the price of 3).

We anticipate needing a lot of spending money, mainly for food, as we intend to eat in Walts, Blue Lagoon, Rainforest Cafe and Annette's. Unfortunately it's unlikely that any of my kids will eat a kids or teenagers meal as the choice is so limited and the older two have fairly big appetites.

We are going 11th - 15th March. Total cost without spending money is £657. There are 2 families going, so cost is per family. 4 adults, 4 kids and 1 baby. My flights are for 2 adults and 3 kids. I don't count petrol as a cost for the holiday, would have used money for that at home anyway.

Santa Fe - 4 for 3 nights plus passes = £338

Flights from Glasgow Prestwick - Beauvais = £168

Car Hire from Beauvais - £134

Parking at Prestwick = £17

Probably take about £400 spending money.

Maureen

Hiya.. subscribing to this thread.

We'll be going 5th-9th of March, Me, DH and 18 mos old DD.

Dream Castle Hotel for 5 days 4 nights plus return flight from Manchester is £507

2 adult 2 day park tickets - 115.90 c/o 365tickets.com

VEA Shuttle or TGV for 2 adults return £50.00

MEAL ALLOWANCE - £200-£300

PARIS TRIP- £100

MISC LIKE SOUVENIRS, ETC £100

ALL IN ALL ABOUT - 1,100-1,300

This is just an estimate budget though but doubt it if we would be able to stick to it as we're a big eater, DH likes his souvenirs and thank goodness my Daughter isnt old enough to say mummy buy me this, mummy buy me that.. hehehe... I'm planning to give a full report when we come back. Thanks!

Camille

For us, a family of 5, the kids being 7,3&3 our 5night, 6 day trip in the may school holidays will cost around:

Accomodation: £80 - Camping at a site in Jablines
Speed Ferries: £53
Park Tickets: £143 - Annual fantasy passes for the 3yr olds. Already have them for the rest of us.
Fuel: £70 - although would have spent that at home anyway
Food: £350 - Should be plenty
Souveniers: £200 - Again, should be plenty

Total: £896

We will be going 11th - 14th March

Like how did you travel?
We will be going by ferry - P&O, used my tesco vouchers (I think it was £15 in vouchers)

Where did you stay (if anywhere)?
Booked to stay at the newport bay (admiral suite) price inc park tickets & breakfast £390.00

Where did you eat?
Not done that bit yet! but will be taking £400

How much spending money did you bring and what did it buy?
we will take £100, we are not big on holiday tat! & will only be there a few days

Total cost:- £900, but would like to come home with some. :)

Yeah I'm so glad eveyone is sharing, turns out it will only cost £425 for us to stay at Cheyenne, but if we want to do Disney Hotel will cost us £766, thats a £341 difference, is it worth it??
I'd rather spend it on food n gifts myself but hubby reckons if we're going we might as well go good, but i said we won't be spending all our time in the hotel anyway and when we do we'll be asleep anyway!
I really can't wait to go! I really want to try eating in la vallee too.:hourglass :butterfly

We are going on June 3rd for 6 nights...Kyriad at DLRP £280, Eurostar £309, AP's for all four of us (me, dw, dd and dm-i-l)£360. So £950 for four of us staying six nights, just got to find the spending money now!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hi
We went 11th January for 4 nights....2 adults and 2 children

Flights Belfast to C.D.G..............£375
4 nights Santa Fe..1 night free...park tickets included and kids free......£264
car parking at Belfast.......£23
Food......£300
Gifts etc....£100

so roughly £1100

Well worth the money...I have now started saving for next year

Tracy

I think it makes a HUGE difference if you are able to go during school term time. Last year we booked the Cheyenne for 3 nights (3 for 2), by Eurostar for around £460 - 2 adults (well one adult and a child of 13), including passes. This was the beginning of March and I had to take the 'child' out of school for 2 days unauthorised absence (it was refused).

Since we are now in the GCSE stages, doing this would be totally out of the question, so we have had to book during school holidays (we are going at Easter). So far it has cost almost £400 just for Eurostar tickets and 3 nights in the Kyriad, no tickets, no Disney Express. Tickets will cost a further £90 or so each if we opt for Fantasy AP plus a day ticket for the excusion day.

Still works out cheaper than booking the same package, with tickets, through Disneyland, plus Eurostar on top, which would have been £760 and no AP advantages!

2 trips booked so far cost:

13-16 december 2006 3n/4d
staying at santa fe
2 ads 1 child and 1 infant
eurostar
4 day hopper
charater breakfast = £716

9 july-12 3n/4d
cheyenne
2ads 1 cd 1 infant
eurostar
4 day hopper cost £734

we spend about £400 eating out and souverneirs etc

HELP!:scared1: What are we doing wrong? Our trip for 3 adults and 1 child, staying 3 n/4d at Santa Fe cost nearly £1,100. That was with the free child place.

When you add spending money on top of that it cost us a small fortune.

How do you get it done so cheaply?

Hiya Hilda...

I booked ours through expedia.com and not directly through Disney... When I was shopping for our flight and accomodation in January, I was quoted for Hotel Cheyenne about 599 including tickets for our whole duration of stay for the parks and a little less with the same at Santa Fe 580 sommat but I left it too late till about first week of February and the prices has gone up so I decided to stay at Dream Castle Hotel originally the offer was for 470 something but it was with a late flight so I upgraded our flight so it cost us 507 which still isnt bad.

I hope this helps.

Camille

hi we are a group of 12 traveling from mallorca to dlp and these are our costs so far for our family of 4 (somethings worked out cheaper booking as a group)

flights we have to change flights in mainland spain 310.00 euros
hotel dream castle 4 nights 501.00 euros

two day tickets for both parks(2 adults and we got 2 children free booking at group rate) 140.00 euros

bufalo bill show also 2 adults 2 children free booking at group rate
78.00 euros

shuttle from orly to hotel return price 114.00 euros

Total 1143.00 Euros about 766 pounds

Hi alua and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Mancitymickey sounds like you got a great deal! well done.
when i looked at booking through expedia and even iglu, they were giving me quotes of £648 for days at santa fe, inc eurostar hopper tickets and accom, but then i checked how much eurostar was and then how much accom and tickets would cost and it worked out to be £150 cheaper to book separately, i wonder why some of us find it cheaper and other more expensive?
Do you think it might be the travel or time of year we go?:confused3

:hippie:

HELP!:scared1: What are we doing wrong? Our trip for 3 adults and 1 child, staying 3 n/4d at Santa Fe cost nearly £1,100. That was with the free child place.

When you add spending money on top of that it cost us a small fortune.

How do you get it done so cheaply?

When are you travelling, how are you getting there, and how did you book with?

Do you think it might be the travel or time of year we go?:confused3

:hippie:

Like I said, going in school holidays nearly always increases the cost of holidays, particularly when they are attracted to families (often the prices double!).

It does help if you can be a little flexible though, I managed to get our price down a bit by playing about with the dates, plus it was slighly less (about £20 each I think) by changing trains at Lille on the return journey - something that doesn't bother us.

It certainly worked out just as cheap, if not cheaper, to book everything directly with Eurostar. I'm not sure you can do this if you want to book Disneyland Express, however, we weren't staying in a Disney hotel anyway so this wasn't an option anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter