How much did it cost you?!?!

The Tesco Clubcard Deals sound great, I have £25 worth of vouchers saved up already, and will continue to save them up in readiness for our next trip.

Since there is no way I would contemplate sitting on a coach, and DLRP is excluded from the Eurostar booking, I guess Air Miles might be the best option for us and book our hotel that way (maybe pay for Eurostar separately?).

How would we go about using Air Miles to book a hotel please?

Well I have now confirmed the booking with a slight change of itinerary, it was a choice between Santa Fe and the Explorers so we plumped for the Explorers the EMH haven't started then so we're not missing out on anything really by not staying in a Disney hotel. DS's friend (whose parents I have been waiting for a reply from, have said this morning they've decided to go on holiday that week) I'm a little peeved as if they'd mentioned this earlier or even yesterday when I called, I would've booked a longer trip, which is now no longer available :mad:
Anyway with the money I saved from DS's friend I decided to use less Clubcard deals, I'm hoping to take DH away for a stay in an one of the Olde English Inns for his 40th in July, so I'm putting them towards that.

My holiday cost now for 3 nights at My Travel Explorers
departure 29th March £678.00 less Clubcard deals £410.00
leaves a balance of £268.00 which is still a bargain I reckon. :goodvibes

Well I have now confirmed the booking with a slight change of itinerary, it was a choice between Santa Fe and the Explorers so we plumped for the Explorers the EMH haven't started then so we're not missing out on anything really by not staying in a Disney hotel. DS's friend (whose parents I have been waiting for a reply from, have said this morning they've decided to go on holiday that week) I'm a little peeved as if they'd mentioned this earlier or even yesterday when I called, I would've booked a longer trip, which is now no longer available :mad:
Anyway with the money I saved from DS's friend I decided to use less Clubcard deals, I'm hoping to take DH away for a stay in an one of the Olde English Inns for his 40th in July, so I'm putting them towards that.

My holiday cost now for 3 nights at My Travel Explorers
departure 29th March £678.00 less Clubcard deals £410.00
leaves a balance of £268.00 which is still a bargain I reckon. :goodvibes

Glad you got it sorted out Jill. Pity about the extra night though.

My eldest DS is 12 and under no cirumstances will him and his friend share a bed, the Cheyenne is the only budget Disney hotel with bunk beds, so if I can't get the Cheyenne, I'll book the Santa Fe or Sequoia and take a ready bed for one , I can't see that there will be a problem as I'm not breaking any occupancy rules. :)
The same wouldn't apply to 5 - sorry.

Thanks Cyrano - you got it. (We posted at the same time)

I've never taken anyone else's kids on holiday so that thought never crossed my mind - used to putting mine in the same bed. Looks like I'll have to go with the two rooms or forget EMH.

The Tesco Clubcard Deals sound great, I have £25 worth of vouchers saved up already, and will continue to save them up in readiness for our next trip.

Since there is no way I would contemplate sitting on a coach, and DLRP is excluded from the Eurostar booking, I guess Air Miles might be the best option for us and book our hotel that way (maybe pay for Eurostar separately?).

How would we go about using Air Miles to book a hotel please?

You register with airmiles to get an account number, transfer your vouchers then ring and speak to an operator - they'll then give you a quote for the number of airmiles needed.

I have used airmiles lots (for flights), but only found out the other day that I could book a Disney hotel with them - can't use them for passes.

You can also book car hire and travel insurance - these and flights can be booked online but seems like the disney hotels have to be done via operator.

Have a look at their website www.airmiles.co.uk

I was originally going to use them to pay for eurostar, but the dates I wanted are no longer available and the number of miles needed is going up all the time - between 5000/5500 for August for family of 5 (last weeks quote).

You need to look at all options to see which best value - I haven't transferred my vouchers yet (£152) as still considering my options.:cool1:

Thanks Eileds

I remembered I had already registered for airmiles but hadn't signed up online, since I had lost my account number I called them today and got that, then signed up online. I have 260 miles on my account already, I also have £25 Tesco vouchers I could transfer, but I have held back from doing this while I consider all my options.

I see you can book Eurostar with airmiles, so maybe that might be a better option for us, as I can't see any non-Disney hotels. Passes won't be an issue for us as we intend buying APs on our forthcoming trip :)

I'm thinking of getting APs, just have to convince hubby it's worth it!

I'm thinking of getting APs, just have to convince hubby it's worth it!

I think that if you need more than 3 days it's worth it! In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that one of our days is an 'exclusion day' the AP is actually cheaper than a 4 day hopper!

Plus you get a discount in the stores and restaurants, and you have a good excuse to go back again within the year :dance3:

Originally Posted by jillrobinson
My eldest DS is 12 and under no cirumstances will him and his friend share a bed, the Cheyenne is the only budget Disney hotel with bunk beds, so if I can't get the Cheyenne, I'll book the Santa Fe or Sequoia and take a ready bed for one , I can't see that there will be a problem as I'm not breaking any occupancy rules.
The same wouldn't apply to 5 - sorry.

Hi Jill
Just to let you know that we stayed in Santa Fe and had bunk beds for our boys.I booked direct with Disney online and was offered the choice of bunk beds.
We stayed in block 14 room 31.This would save you taking a ready bed with you.

Hi we are flying from luton airport £55 each
staying 3 nights 4 days at Disney hotel, kids go free & one each night free £606

so all in £826
i think it's a bargin

Hi Jill
Just to let you know that we stayed in Santa Fe and had bunk beds for our boys.I booked direct with Disney online and was offered the choice of bunk beds.
We stayed in block 14 room 31.This would save you taking a ready bed with you.

That is really interesting to know, it's not a problem now as DH's friend isn't coming but for future reference that's good news.

I suspect that although they're not generally advertised as having them, that all the hotels do have some rooms with bunks.

You've confirmed the Santa Fe has them
we know the Cheyenne has lots of them
and I was allocated an Admirals' Floor room at the NPB with bunk beds.:thumbsup2

Glad you've finally got it booked, Jill! :thumbsup2

I would have been a bit annoyed at the parents too. :mad:

Ah well - it's all sorted now.
We're booked and very excited of course :banana:
and on the plus side we've not got long to wait.:banana: :banana: :banana:

Me, DH, DD 8, DS 6.

12th March for 5 nights / 6 days.

Via Eurotunnel.

Staying Cheyenne .

Passes included.

Breakfast included.

£563

Last year we took £500 spending money and we came back with a little bit left and lots of souvenirs but didn't eat in decent restaurants but this time we are taking £1000 for spending money to eat in decent restaurants and buy lots of souvenirs. :banana:

I can really only post hotel cost 80eu for Cheyenne non AP rate; 100eu for SQL AP rate during various dates in Nov/Dec. RER travel was about 12euros.

I usually did one larger meal/day - lunch, which ran about 21-25eu. I don't shop much but the AP discounts did come in handy.

AP was about 170eu using a sponsor.

Those are 2006 prices; I expect 2007 will be a little higher due to seasons, etc.

Overall, food is still far cheaper than in North America, even at inflated park prices (Food in Europe is much cheaper in grocery stores)

My flights are at no cost as trips are either for work, or vacation trips on points.

Sorry! guess that I am not much help as I am not the 'typical' traveller! :)

I am waiting (not so patiently) to book for December. I have no idea how much it's going to cost, but a nice member here gave me a ballpark figure for the hotel.

The flights are costing 1800.00USD (Air France)

I think I will just do the VEA from CDG to DLP

We would like to book the park view/castle club room for 4 nights - December 3 - 7. I am guessing it will be about 4000.00-ish USD including park tickets? but I have no idea.

Souveniers and food budget 1000.00USD for the 4 days - breakfast is included at the castle club.

Transfer/4 Tour back to paris is 600.00USD and one night at the Ritz (don't ask!)

This follows a Princess cruise we are doing from Rome to Greece/Turkey and Egypt. So a pretty great holiday :) I can't wait!

Wow that sounds like it will be really fun!
Thanks for sharing!
:hippie:

Friday 2nd March (yes this Friday yippeeeee) - Wednesday 7th March
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Flight £43 each on easyjet return from Liverpool x 5 people
Explorers Hotel in a room for 7 people with inter-connecting door with bunks
£414 for 5 nights and bed and breakfast
160 euro return with BS Transports works out just over £50 each way for all of us (takes the hassle out of everything plus we are arriving at 10 pm at night)

So flights, taxi and hotel = approx £730 for 5 night stay
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Booked into Lucky Nugget, Plaza Gardens and Cafe Mickey. All for character meals

Getting Annual passports when we arrive as planning to go back a couple of times. Probably Christmas and this time next year too!!!

oh wow! fantastic, my hubby said we wont go back within the year so won't let me get AP:sad1:
But i think once we're there he'll fall in love, and will let us get them for our next trip!:hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter