How many resorts have you split your stay into?

We have done a number of split stays, usually with a Disney value or moderate hotel at the beginning of the trip to extend our vacation but never for more than 2 or 3 nights and then the rest of the stay at one DVC resort. However for a few trips we did as others suggested where we stayed at BLT for MK access and then to BWV for F&W and then to AKV for DAK access, and found we really didn't care to be homeless those check in days. We had gotten in the habit of breaking off during the heat of the day and returning to our resort but were rarely available before 4:00 PM on the switch day. Sure it is only 2 hours sometimes longer but that means two hours less to rest up for the evenings activities.

My friends and I are seasoned travelers and we did several changes last June/July:

June 28: Poly Club Level (decided to go a day early). That gave us 2 days of club service.
June 29-July 4: Poly Studio (2 nights friends points, 3 nights my points)
July 4: Yacht Club (to be close to 4th of July fireworks, which ended up being delayed due to weather)

The max we've done is two resorts when we first joined DVC in 2013. We typically don't like to split and stay at one resort.

I'm a fan of unpacking and settling in one place. That being said - sometimes you have to do a split stay just to get your entire vacation booked. We have a split stay in April 2019 because my husband wants to try BLT... then to our home resort SSR. We generally rent a car so we can pack up our luggage and just go so that gives me a piece of mind.

Over two weeks:
3 different stays
2 nights at VB
7 nights DCL (Inside stateroom paid for by DVC points)
5 nights BWV
Never set foot in a park and we had a great time.

On our first DVC trip my daughter and I were so excited to be staying in deluxe resorts since we had only stayed in value resorts previously that we split our stay between OKW, Kidani standard and savannah rooms, BCV, and WL. We also added a night at AoA to stay in a Little Mermaid room as my daughter loves Aerial, and a night at Pop when we arrived on a late flight. This was all too much, but I hate staying in one resort for longer stays as well as I get bored, so on any stay over 8 days we will now split our time between two resorts, next up is five nights at the Poly followed by five nights at Kidani, which is my favorite resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter