How many resorts have you split your stay into?

Rick195275

DIS Veteran
Just curious to see how many different resorts people have split their stay into? What have your experiences been with it? Planning our first stay and love the idea of splitting into different resorts.... how many is too many? What do those out there who enjoy split stays like about them? Would love any feedback you all could give me.

We've done 3 when we were trying out various resorts as we did homework on potentially buying in. While we had fun we also learned that we prefer to not do split stays and prefer to just get settled into one place.

I love split stays! This September I've stayed 4 nights and the VGF and went mostly to the MK. Then 4 nights at the BCV and went only to Epcot and DHS. Finally 3 nights at AKV and went only to AK. I do not mind to live out of the suitcase and it's not a problem with not having a room on switch day. But doing this way I was able to minimize the time spent on transportation, as I was always near the park I was going for the day (except for the water parks which are a bit of a hassle now).
This strategy worked well for me and I'm going to apply it going forward. One MK resort, one Crescente Lake resort (or Riviera), one "out there" resort (SSR or AKV)

We love split stays, gives us a chance to experience 2 different resorts. CAN'T WAIT for our upcoming split, Poly and BLT(first time)..SO EXCITED!:dancer::drinking1:dance3:

We did our first split stay this august, 3 nights at AKL and 4 nights at CCV. The idea was good, but we didn’t like having to pack up midstay to transfer and not having a room that day. We prefer to just settle into one room for the entire stay.

Have done three once and two a couple of other times. While it's a bit more enjoyable to stay in one location, there is a certain element of excitement in knowing you'll be staying at a different location in a few nights. As Bill says, it's almost like having a second vacation. The luggage transfer is smooth, so the only actual downside is knowing you might not be able to get back into a room on the day of your switch until late afternoon. It's a great way to check out various resorts and decide which ones you enjoy and those that don't quite float your boat.

Three, AKV, BCV, and BLT. Although the next split stay I go for, even though it'll be the same length as the other two I did (14 nights) will be split up between two resorts, BCV and BLT. AKV is very nice but we don't stay there long enough to enjoy the amenities.

Great to hear so many different opinions. I have a split stay planned for April next year between poly and akl. Is it at all worth it to switch for 1 day? I have been holding 1 day at the beach club hoping something else would open up. It hasnt yet but considering going for the 1 day so my 8 year old can enjoy the pools.

3 is my most, and over a 12 day period. Mostly I split stay because I am with different people.

3 is my most, and over a 12 day period. Mostly I split stay because I am with different people.
Kind of why I’m doing the split stay. Question for you.... how does the effect fast pass booking if someone is joining you half way through a trip? Are you still able to make all of them at the start of your window?

My wife and I just did 5 two weeks ago: 1 night Saratoga, 1 night Grand Floridian, 3 nights Bay Lake, 2 nights AKL, 1 night Boardwalk. It wasn't nearly as bad as I though it would be. We packed and planned well so that we easily dropped our luggage at bell services when checking out and called to have it sent to our new room late at night when we returned from the parks. Would definitely do it again!

Great to hear so many different opinions. I have a split stay planned for April next year between poly and akl. Is it at all worth it to switch for 1 day? I have been holding 1 day at the beach club hoping something else would open up. It hasnt yet but considering going for the 1 day so my 8 year old can enjoy the pools.

If you enjoy experiencing what each resort has to offer I would say go for it!

My daughter and I have done 3 as well - 1 per day... we were actually trying to save on points since it seems we run out so quickly - we started out with a gardenview SSR full stay and by the time it was trip time we had 1 night at OKW, 1 night at AK and the SSR night - loved to compare the differences and actually got to enjoy each of the resort during the day and a park at night :)

In September, we were at WDW for 10 nights. We did 3 nights at PVR, 3 at VGF, and 3 at BLT and then our last night at CCV. I enjoyed staying in and wandering around 4 different resorts and it was just my husband and I so we didn’t have kids with us to uproot. The negative for us was that 4 days out of 11, we didn’t have a room to come back to around noon or 1:00. DH enjoys an afternoon nap, so we typically hit a park early, leave by 1:00 pm, spend a few hours in our room/pool and then return to a park in the evening. If I ever plan another split trip, I will only stay at 2 resorts.

My first preference is to not split my stay between resorts but I have done it and will be doing it again in April. That will be 4 nights BWV and 3 nights AKV CL. I didn't have enough home resort points for the entire week at AKV at CL level (nor was there availability) and I had BWV points that needed to be used. Since it's just me and my adult daughter, I don't expect that it will be a problem. If there were children in tow, I don't think I would attempt it.

Our upcoming trip 12/23 thru 12/20 is split into three resorts. Saratoga Springs 2br, Kidani Village 2br and Poly Studio (1 night only). We have done a two resort split stay before, never a three. We will see how it goes.

We do splits all the time...all kinds of combos. Once was 4 nights at BWV with 3 at AKV...once was 3 at OKW with 2 at Poly...big one was 1 night AKV with a week at BWV followed by 4 nights SSR (and we booked US for 1 night mid BWV week to get perks with booking a room at US). We've done 4 nights at HHI with 3 at OKW. I have March trip booked with 2 nights at AKV followed by 5 nights BLT. I like splits because we can make ADRs and FPs based on each resort's location. IE: for March I plan to do HS and AK while at AKV with dinners at AK and DS...then will do MK and Epcot while at BLT with dinners at those parks and on monorail loop. We drive so we can leave resort 1 and drive to resort 2, leaving luggage in car and going to park until room is ready (which is typically on the late side). We also tend to book a 11am ish ADR for that day at either resort we are leaving or resort we are going to (or any resort really because we can park there and then go to new resort after). That bides us a little more time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter