How Many From Michigan??

We're from Niles, in the southwest corner of Michigan, but I'm a Yooper at heart (lived there for 9 years and loved it). We'll be flying down mid January for a ten day stay.

Someone who wishes they lived in Michigan. Where's the tag fairy when we need her?

Welcome Donnask8pro

-Kim

sanilacjack said:
Someone who wishes they lived in Michigan. Where's the tag fairy when we need her?

Welcome Donnask8pro

-Kim

I am still trying to figure out the wanting to live in Michaigan part. That isn't something you hear every day. Personally I can think of other states that are more fun, or at least the winters aren't as bad. :cold:

Hey each to his own. If you want to be a Michigan wantabe. Go for it. (Donnask8pro, DH that is.)

Born & raised in Michigan... and would LOVE to move to a warmer climate... except... Hmmmmm.... hurricanes? No thanks.... Earthquakes? No thanks... Middle of nowheresville? No thanks.... Gosh... Michigan isn't looking too bad right now! :rotfl2:

My Dad moved to KY to "get away from the hard winters"... he's had more snow there (northeast corner of KY)! :rotfl:

Kimmielee said:
Born & raised in Michigan... and would LOVE to move to a warmer climate... except... Hmmmmm.... hurricanes? No thanks.... Earthquakes? No thanks... Middle of nowheresville? No thanks.... Gosh... Michigan isn't looking too bad right now! :rotfl2:

My Dad moved to KY to "get away from the hard winters"... he's had more snow there (northeast corner of KY)! :rotfl:

As each day gets cooler, it makes me want to go south even more! These snowy, cold winters are getting old and I guess so am I. :teeth: Of course the snow is much easier to deal with than hurricanes & earthquakes.

Donnask8pro said:
Disneyphd, 1 word.....

WOLVERINES

Oh, ok I understand now. I guess living in Michigan is better then say Oh I don't know......... Ohio :rolleyes1 :rolleyes: The weather is just as bad, or worse (sometimes the bad stuff seems to go just below us and hit Ohio harder then us.) and our colleges are WAY better! (My mom is from Ohio, went to college there, we like to rip on it.)

So now since I mentioned Ohio I guess I need this now. :firefight

Go Green is Right and I live in middle of the wrong teams territory and I don't mean Wolverine either.

Go Spartans! hopefully DH will never find this thread and change my vote to "blue". Its been a war for 20 years in our house... and I'd never give it up!

:wave: Hello everyone, we are from Rockford, north of Grand Rapids. Grew up in the UP in a little town (surprise surprise) named Gladstone, near Escanaba! :flower:

Hey fellow Michiganders, it got chilly today. Like summer to winter overnight (not quite, but walking in the parking lot with just a jean jacket on I had forgeten how cold it is going to get around here very fast.

Bundle up.

Thank God we are heading down to WDW in Jan!

Hope every is doing well. :)

DisneyPhD said:
Hey fellow Michiganders, it got chilly today. Like summer to winter overnight (not quite, but walking in the parking lot with just a jean jacket on I had forgeten how cold it is going to get around here very fast.

Bundle up.

Thank God we are heading down to WDW in Jan!

Hope every is doing well. :)

Chilly? It got downright COLD!!! Yesterday we had the air conditioning on in the house. Today we just got back from our local High School Football game and I still can't get warm I was bundled up down to mittens! My ears are still COLD!

I'm heading down in December for a long weekend. I can't wait!

pinnie

pinnie

I hear ya! I went from AC to heat and I swear my toes won't get warm!

Where else can you have record highs on October 5 in 2005 and record lows on October 5, 2004?

(I think I got the date right on that one -- I was listening to the channel 8 news and heard Bill Steffen say that one day this week, I'm thinking it was about Wednesday.)

#1Mouse said:
Thanks for the heads up on AllegianTAir - looks like I was the last to find out about them :teeth: Looking for Airfare for March and Spirit is pushing the $500 mark - don't think so! I'll wait and check flying out of Lansing.

I just found out about them from this thread too.

It's official.... summer is over.... I HATE being cold :cold:

I know, I know.... why live here then? I suffer to be close to family and I have a great job.

So, here's the question.... let's guess when the first snow will fly in your area!!

I'm SE Michigan, Oakland County - my guess is Nov. 14th.... anyone else want to play? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter