How is anybody able to find...

I happened to check Walmart.com at the right time yesterday and scored a 3-pack of Lysol All Purpose Cleaner. I was more surprised when it stayed in my cart and actually looks as if it is getting ready to be shipped.

Same here - was able to get a pack of nice and easy hand wipes from walmart. Looked to be last one - didn't let me purchase (2) - limit was 3- but did get confirmation for 1

As far as the Chlorox wipes and hand sanitizer, I'm a crazy person and I normally keep a good stock of them. I have giant bottles of the hand sanitizer in every room of the house.

I've had masks left over from Disney trips. I wear them on the plane and I wear them when the busses are busy. I just bought 5 cloth ones on eBay yesterday. The plan is to put them in the wash on the rare occasion that I have to leave the house. I'm running out of disposable gloves, so I'm trying to find a reusable alternative.

I'm starting to see stuff slowly back on the shelves, so hopefully the mad rush is over.

Now Dole Whip? I'm on my last bag and they're all on backorder.

Good for you. :thumbsup2
Were there people limits like Costco, Walmart, Sam's? How about Lysol type sprays, any of that?
I was in Wal-Mart today for the first time since leaving town on March 12. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Everything was calm and orderly and the crowd was actually very sparse at 12:00 noon. They did have tape marks on the floor and we used self-check, as we usually do.

Stock seemed pretty good - there was ample toilet paper and paper towels albeit with a one-per-family limit. I didn't need either so I didn't get any. I did want a can of spray-type disinfectant for when I return to my office tomorrow but I couldn't find anything like that. I got individually-wrapped hand sani-wipes instead; they were in with the travel sized stuff.

I was in Wal-Mart today for the first time since leaving town on March 12. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Everything was calm and orderly and the crowd was actually very sparse at 12:00 noon. They did have tape marks on the floor and we used self-check, as we usually do.

Stock seemed pretty good - there was ample toilet paper and paper towels albeit with a one-per-family limit. I didn't need either so I didn't get any. I did want a can of spray-type disinfectant for when I return to my office tomorrow but I couldn't find anything like that. I got individually-wrapped hand sani-wipes instead; they were in with the travel sized stuff.
I couldn't be that finicky. Cleaning supplies have been slim pickings since the end February. Luckily I bought the giant size of everything. Although, I couldn't find alcohol...had to buy pads. It's difficult to even find soap.

Last edited:
My 82 year old dad lives in San Diego. He told me this evening that in his city they are now fining people $1000 for going to the grocery store or gas station or pharmacy without a mask and gloves!!! How are people supposed to food shop??? You can’t find masks or gloves anywhere now.

I've learned through experience now that you have a snowball's chance in hell of snagging some TP if you go to the grocery store on a day when they open an hour early for senior citizens. Because on senior day (which is Mon-Thurs 6-7 am), all the seniors get all of the TP.

And on Fri, Sat, & Sun, you need to rope drop the grocery store, get there 15-20 min early, get in line, and then you'll be able to get a decent sized package of the blessed TP.

My 82 year old dad lives in San Diego. He told me this evening that in his city they are now fining people $1000 for going to the grocery store or gas station or pharmacy without a mask and gloves!!! How are people supposed to food shop??? You can’t find masks or gloves anywhere now.
That's ridiculous. Gloves are nowhere to be found ANYWHERE. You can do a make-shift mask with a scarf or bandana, though.

I lucked out in that I had bought a 4-pack of large Clorox wipes not too long ago just because they were on sale, and had pretty designs on the package. - I considered it a silly impulse buy at the time, but I figured I'd go through them eventually. Now I'm glad I bought them!

I was really annoyed with my husband back in November when he came home with a 4 pack of wipes just because they were on sale. We (used to) barely use them and I only buy them every couple of years. I'm really happy to have them now though 😊

Whoa there. San Diego just initiated a policy that EMPLOYEES who interact with the public must wear face masks. Failure of businesses to comply will result in fines. The general public is NOT required to wear face masks or gloves. That still remains just a recommendation.

As for the $1000 fine, that's what they're saying will happen to those disobeying the social distancing orders already in place.

That's ridiculous. Gloves are nowhere to be found ANYWHERE. You can do a make-shift mask with a scarf or bandana, though.
For those with smaller hands, kids crafting gloves can work. They're not medical grade, which is probably why they can still be found. I got some L/XL gloves. They are non-latex and fit fine. And they seemed to be a normal (i.e. non-gouging) price for a box of 100.

The only thing I haven't been able to get is Lysol spray.
We spray our shoe bottoms before entering the house......if the little I have left runs out I guess we will use Clorox wipes.
Amazon had Lysol spray tonight! This is the first time I've seen it anywhere in weeks. Check to see if it is still available. They also had Wet Ones antibacterial hand wipes in a box of travel size packs -- haven't seen those in a while, either. DH always has a pack in the car, so this was much needed.
ETA: ROTR BG reflexes came to the rescue again! Amazon had Charmin! Only for a minute, then it was gone. DH's Easter basket is going to be pretty interesting this year...

Last edited:
Amazon had Lysol spray tonight! This is the first time I've seen it anywhere in weeks. Check to see if it is still available. They also had Wet Ones antibacterial hand wipes in a box of travel size packs -- haven't seen those in a while, either. DH always has a pack in the car, so this was much needed.
ETA: ROTR BG reflexes came to the rescue again! Amazon had Charmin! Only for a minute, then it was gone. DH's Easter basket is going to be pretty interesting this year...

My son was thrilled with the ramen he got for his birthday this year 😂

I just googled this. It says it's being recommended but not required. Maybe he misunderstood?

The one thing that’s definitely NOT in short-supply here is Easter candy. I was in Wal-Mart and my neighbourhood supermarket over the weekend and there’s mountains of it. :goodvibes

Got a pack of Cottonelle Ultra Comfort Care (24 mega rolls) on Amazon, about 2 minutes ago! Now, to see if it actually ships and arrives by 4/24...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter