How is anybody able to find...

Any luck getting Lysol all purpose cleaner spray (lemon) or lemon wipes? I cannot find them anywhere.
I haven't seen the Lysol spray cleaner for a long time. I had been on the hunt for something similar (for the kitchen counter, to cut the grease) but came up empty. Then about a week ago, I found Fantastic spray cleaner at Walmart and bought some of that. I still like the Lysol brand better but this gets the job done and is antiviral/antibacterial like the others.

I need some Lysol spray. I am kicking myself for not buying it when it was plentiful a few weeks ago. I saw shelves stocked with it and passed it by thinking everything would be fine. Once I realized how bad it was it was all gone.

I haven't seen toilet paper and paper towels in about 10 days. Clorox wipes I haven't seen in over 3 weeks.
I was at Walmart on Saturday. I was surprised to see that they had quite a bit of the expensive TP -- they had a sign up saying "limit one", but people weren't making a run for it.
Because it was available, I bought the last large package of store-brand TP; I felt kinda foolish buying it 'cause I didn't need it-need it, but since it's been talked about so much, I felt compelled to pick it up.
Being stocked up on them pre-pandemic. We always have a few packs of toilet paper, paper towels, and extra cleaning products in the basement.
I've always kept a pretty good supply of food at home, but I've never really thought about paper products as a big prep-ahead need. I've always thought about "being stocked up" for a hurricane or a snowstorm -- I realize now I should broaden my thoughts on emergencies.
much of it's panic buying but it's also due to people being home 24/7 and consumption of an average household increasing.
Agree. With three of us at home all day, we are using more of this and that.
tip on spray cleaner-if you have clorox or other pop up wipes don't throw the container away when you use the last one. there's generally a decent amount of liquid sanitizer at the bottom-put it into an empty spray bottle.
Good tip! Another similar idea: If you're at the end of your toothpaste or squeeze-bottle type lotion, even if you've squeezed out every drop ... cut the tube open, and you'll find 5-7 days more product. I've been doing this "forever" because I'm cheap, but it works now when more product is difficult to find.
However, if you’re staying at home then soap and water is just as effective and much kinder on your hands!
Yes, I was going to say that too. If you're at home (or work) where you have access to soap and hot water, that is superior to hand sanitizer.
Hand sanitizer is really only something for when you're out and about and don't have access to proper washing. I have two monster-sized hand sanitizers ... locked up safe and tight in my classroom. I never use the stuff myself, but I keep it for my students. I never even thought about bringing it home.
I did steal the virus-killing cleaner they gave us to sanitize our classrooms -- in fact, I used the whole bottle in my classroom and asked them for a refill. I'll bring it back when we return to school, but when someone gives me a bottle of something and says, "We're going to have an emergency. This bottle kills the stuff, and we're not coming to school again for an unspecified amount of time," well, of course I'm taking the bottle with me!
I just finished ordering some off chewy dot com because I couldn't find any locally for pick up or shipped to the house.
LOVE Chewy.com
I did self checkout and there was a guy making sure.
With all the "limit this or that" signs, I've been wondering how that works at self-check outs.
My trick is to not buy ease of use products.
Good for you! Ideally none of us should be using single-use cleaning products that end up in landfills after one moment of convenience.
Another shopping tip: I was having trouble getting hand soap on Amazon, but I checked Target tonight and was able to grab a few different kinds.
Have you considered making your own hand soap? A single bar of good-smelling bar soap can become half a gallon of liquid soap with 10-15 minutes of effort. It's a huge money saver, especially if you already have squirt bottles at home.
My son was thrilled with the ramen he got for his birthday this year 😂
Ramen is yummy stuff.

With everything closed, I'm happy that -- by pure chance -- I already have my adult children's birthday gifts purchased for their May and June birthdays.

I found Cottonelle TP on Amazon yesterday but under the "Amazon Fresh" designator and could not get a delivery time. Tonight I see a delivery time, but of course the TP is gone now.

I'm not desperate.. yet.

I am going to go on record saying I don't use hand sanitizer or wipes. I clean with spray and paper towels. I wash my hands with soap and water, and so far, I. have been fine.

I do use TP and we happened to be overstocked before the pandemic thanks to my husband hiding the TP we already had, so I bought another 86 roll box from Amazon while it was on sale a month or two ago. I think we started 2 weeks ago with over 50 rolls. I didn't count.

Update: my TP order on Amazon, that was schedule for April 24th is now coming Sunday.

:cool1: :thanks::dancer:

I can't believe I'm this excited over tp.

ETA: wish me luck. Today I am stopping at Fresh Market to pick up 5 lb ground beef ($2.99 lb), 5 lb ground chicken (3.99 lb), 5 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast (2.99 lb), and some pork chops or a ham; some veggies if I like what they have, and whatever else catches my fancy. They do these chicken roll-ups that are pretty good, and $3 each. They make them in all kinds of varieties...broccoli and cheddar is good, as is the one with pork panko bread crumbs and asparagus. They also do prepared veggies, and have a Mexican corn on the cob set up that is amazing (no need to mess with seasonings or measuring or shucking the corn, haha). A bit pricy, but good for a treat, and less expensive than eating out.

Then I have to stop at the post office and pick up 3 packages (and make one trip there next week for the last package, since Kohls sent them UPS surepost, which means delivery by USPS....who really doesn't deliver anything bigger than a box that can fit in our mailbox at this point).

And hopefully just a quick trip to Walmart after the p.o. to get some basics. Just things like baking powder, milk, creamer, bread, and hopefully eggs, since I'm down to my last dozen. If not, I'll stop in at Publix or Winn Dixie early tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Update: my TP order on Amazon, that was schedule for April 24th is now coming Sunday.

:cool1: :thanks::dancer:

I can't believe I'm this excited over tp.

ETA: wish me luck. Today I am stopping at Fresh Market to pick up 5 lb ground beef ($2.99 lb), 5 lb ground chicken (3.99 lb), 5 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast (2.99 lb), and some pork chops or a ham; some veggies if I like what they have, and whatever else catches my fancy. They do these chicken roll-ups that are pretty good, and $3 each. They make them in all kinds of varieties...broccoli and cheddar is good, as is the one with pork panko bread crumbs and asparagus. They also do prepared veggies, and have a Mexican corn on the cob set up that is amazing (no need to mess with seasonings or measuring or shucking the corn, haha). A bit pricy, but good for a treat, and less expensive than eating out.

Then I have to stop at the post office and pick up 3 packages (and make one trip there next week for the last package, since Kohls sent them UPS surepost, which means delivery by USPS....who really doesn't deliver anything bigger than a box that can fit in our mailbox at this point).

And hopefully just a quick trip to Walmart after the p.o. to get some basics. Just things like baking powder, milk, creamer, bread, and hopefully eggs, since I'm down to my last dozen. If not, I'll stop in at Publix or Winn Dixie early tomorrow morning.
Good for you! As do so many others, I, too, know the joy of the TP score, LOL.
All the buffets, salad, and olive bars are closed this way (NYC region) but some of the offerings formerly out in the open are now prepackaged and available for consumers to pickup. .

Good for you! As do so many others, I, too, know the joy of the TP score, LOL.
All the buffets, salad, and olive bars are closed this way (NYC region) but some of the offerings formerly out in the open are now prepackaged and available for consumers to pickup. .

Same here. I picked up the street corn kit, a seasoned asparagus kit, and a Korean beef stir-fry kit. Figured I'd give the last 2 a shot.

Only one of my packages was at the p.o. Two are "being delivered" still, which means they are stuck between post offices and no one knows where they are. Well, at least I have the new rolling pin and new crab cracking set. Eventually the kitchen torch, pillows, and ramekins will make it here.*

Maybe I'll pick up some crab at Winn Dixie this week, lol.

*What, don't judge me. Kohl's had a big sale + 30% off + I had $30 in KC expiring; plus I have $20 in KC that starts on the 12th (between this order and my cake day points). Besides, my rolling pin broke last month. And I really hate doing crab legs with my kitchen shears. And I've wanted a kitchen torch and new ramekins for forever. And DS needed new pillows.

Ok guys now I need powdered sugar of all things! I have a Walmart pickup tomorrow. Hopefully the tortilla chip shortage is behind me... :rotfl2:
Do you have a high speed blender? For most uses I don’t bother with powdered sugar anymore. I put it in the Vitamix. I can’t remember the last time it wasn’t a satisfactory substitution.

Baker’s yeast as I want to make bread and also would like dried beans of any kind. I cannot find these anywhere and Amazon certainly has some price gouging going on.

My grocery stores have consistently had TP and paper towel now, but still no luck with Lysol sprays, wipes, or hand sanitizers. However, I have had luck with Bath & Body Works re-stocking their online hand sanitizer inventory around 6-7am EST. I've been able to place orders on two separate days for hand sanitizer. They are their regular price plus $6 shipping, but its all I've been able to find.

My grocery stores have consistently had TP and paper towel now, but still no luck with Lysol sprays, wipes, or hand sanitizers. However, I have had luck with Bath & Body Works re-stocking their online hand sanitizer inventory around 6-7am EST. I've been able to place orders on two separate days for hand sanitizer. They are their regular price plus $6 shipping, but its all I've been able to find.

My area is still all picked over.

My DH scored a 4 pack of Angel Soft TP for my brother at Meijer yesterday. But I am definitely not giving our location!! ;) :rotfl:

My area is still all picked over.
To clarify, they aren't fully stocked and its not their normal brands, but it seems as if they are getting more and more random shipments more frequently, so its easier to catch some in stock for us. Hoping there comes a point soon where everyone has enough of it for a while! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter