How does the Shareholder thing work?

Quick question

my wife normally shops in the Disney Stores in the UK, so would it be better to have the shares in her name? I'm rarely with her as I unfortunately have to work.... :rotfl2:

Did I pick up that you can use the shareholder's discount then pay with HB vouchers?

to be on the safe side i would get them in your wifes name as they may take issue with the card holder being male so it could possibly be stolen.

to be honest i think it varies between waiters whether or not you can use vouchers and your discount. in general i didnt think you could do this but sometimes its accepted

Does it work if you own regular US Disney Stock? I have 33 shares but don't get a single discount in the states for it and even lost money this year.

No US Disney stock does not work, you have to have Eurodisney shares to become a member of the shareholders club.

I'm keen to buy some shares and benefit from the discounts too. Does anyone know if you can benefit from the discount in the restaurants at DLP and then use the free dining vouchers as part payment too?

O then, let me see if I've got this right..

I open up a Halifax share dealing account, pay £100, then the €85 euros for 20 shares, as the current rate is €4.25 per share.

I can withdraw the 100 back out. Anyone know if there is a minimum period of time on this?

Wait to get my certificate then can apply to become a shareholder and take advantage of the discounts.

O then, let me see if I've got this right..

I open up a Halifax share dealing account, pay £100, then the €85 euros for 20 shares, as the current rate is €4.25 per share.

I can withdraw the 100 back out. Anyone know if there is a minimum period of time on this?

Wait to get my certificate then can apply to become a shareholder and take advantage of the discounts.

I would imagine you could pay for the shares using the £100, I hope so anyway! I opened up my account yesterday but waiting for my password to come through in the post, so I don't know if we'll be able to buy before their commission offer ends.

Oh!! In this day and age you need to wait for snail mail. Haha.

I thought we could just setup online and away we go

I'm keen to buy some shares and benefit from the discounts too. Does anyone know if you can benefit from the discount in the restaurants at DLP and then use the free dining vouchers as part payment too?

Earlier this month we used our free vouchers and then ordered some cocktails at 4 table service resataurants. i showed my card at all of them and 2 did it probably the correct way by giving me the discount on the drinks only (and all the food free with the vouchers). The other 2 discounted the whole meal and drinks, then took off the value of the vouchers meaning we only paid 4euros. Brilliant:banana:

I think it just depends who you get - always worth a try.

so would this be worth if for someone from the US? We will be in DLP at the end of June for a week. (2 days at least at the parks)

I'm just about to purchase some Disney shares with Halifax. But before I do could anyone tell me how I sort out the proof described below. Is this something I have wait for through the post. I'm trying to get this sorted before my next trip in 32 days.

"complete the online membership form and mail or fax us recent proof of your position as a shareholder (for example: bank account, contract note, certificate from your financial intermediary, ...). Please note that electronic prints of online statements are not accepted"

This would be good info for me too, as I have just placed my order for the shares last night.

Hopefully will be getting purchased when trading starts today :)

Hiya!

I purchased my shares yesterday and was wondering the same thing. I have just contacted Halifax (via Live Chat) and asked them if they send out confirmation that I have bought the shares, and they don't. I explained that I needed proof that wasnt an online printout and the lady said that she would therefore get something sent out to me in 3-5 working days...so when that comes I can send it to Disney. Hope that helps!?!:)

Thanks. I was hoping I could get this sorted before the next trip in 31 days, but with this added delay it doesn't like it will be possible.

Oh well.

I have read somewhere on here that Disney will post/fax you a temporary letter that says you are a shareholder before your card comes through, so you might beable to get it sorted before you go?

I have read somewhere on here that Disney will post/fax you a temporary letter that says you are a shareholder before your card comes through, so you might beable to get it sorted before you go?

Anyone done this, if so how long does it take?

When I did mine earlier this year I printed the application form and also printed the online contract note. Then I scanned the lot as a PDF file onto my computer and emailed to the shareholders club. I got a confirmation email back very quickly followed by the temporary card ( actually just a piece of paper) and the proper card a few weeks afterwards.

My partner joined the shareholders club last week, we anticipated it to be difficult with them asking for proof which isnt a online copy but that was not the case. He simply brought the shares through Halifax and then printed out the online contract note and then scanned it back in as a pdf. With this it was emailed over to them with the application form signed. Within a couple of hours there was a confirmation email with the card number and a couple of days later we received the temporary letter in the post to use when we visit DLP next month :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter