How does the Shareholder thing work?

Our US broker is Fidelity and wondered if we can purchase shares through them?

Also, we are moving to EU in 48 days, should we just wait and open with Halifax once we arrive? Will they be running a fee free offer any time soon? Can you open a Halifax with Euro?

TIA

You have to be a UK resident to open an account with Halifax unfortunately, that I do know from experience :sad2:

I already have a Fidelity account and put in an order for 20 shares dirt cheap. Now I own and I filled out the forms.

Should I have put my new address in Nl or my US addy? Does the address have to match my Fidelity account address?

Can I change the form for shareholders if I should have put my NL addy on it? Or do I just re apply?

TIA

If I buy less than 20 shares, how do I sent the €30 fee to join the club?

on the application to join the shareholders club there is a space for you to input the credit/debit card details that you want the 30 euros to be paid from.

Tried to open a Halifax sharedealing account first thing this morning but only found out after I'd clicked apply that they sent a password through the post so I can't buy any shares today as I'd expected! :confused:

Does anyone know anything about buying shares with HSBC? Would I be able to buy EuroDisney shares through a sharedealing account with them instead?

Tried to open a Halifax sharedealing account first thing this morning but only found out after I'd clicked apply that they sent a password through the post so I can't buy any shares today as I'd expected! :confused:

Does anyone know anything about buying shares with HSBC? Would I be able to buy EuroDisney shares through a sharedealing account with them instead?

For anyone else who may want to know the answer to this, it turns out HSBC don't deal with French shares.

Ooh, thanks so much, that makes it more understandable!

Have you got confirmation yet?

yes i have had confirmation now but awaiting for my card to arrive in the post. ive had an e-mail saying it will be with me within 14days, so all in all the process from start to finish will have taken around 4 weeks.

and i shall (hopefully) have my card in time for my trip in june.

mmm thats strange, i never had to wait for a password to arrive before i could purchase shares. as soon as i registered a share dealing account, i just transferred money from my bank account to the halifax shares account and my funds were there straight away practically.

Just had a look at my card and realised it expires this month :eek: can't be without that now, what if i have to do an emergency Disney shop!!!

Do you get sent a renewal form or is it something I have to hunt out myself?

you renew yourself - you'll find the form on the eurodisney shareholders club site (just google it).

Fill in the form, send off proof of your shares, and thats it, you'll get a new card through the post.

Never bought shares in my life and a little confused when trying to sign up on-line with Halifax. Does anyone know whether you can set up your share dealing account in branch at Halifax and whether they can guide you thru it face to face??

Also we're heading to DLP 5th June - have I left it too late to buy my shares and get my shareholder card thru in time for use on our trip??? Thanks

no you're definitely not too late for June :). Have you tried the online sharedealing account with the Halifax? Thats what I used, and as long as you read everything as you're going along, its not too difficult to do.

no you're definitely not too late for June :). Have you tried the online sharedealing account with the Halifax? Thats what I used, and as long as you read everything as you're going along, its not too difficult to do.

Do you register for your account first and then wait to get a password by post and then add your funds to buy your shares??? Thanks

Do you register for your account first and then wait to get a password by post and then add your funds to buy your shares??? Thanks

Yes I think thats the way it went - it wasn't difficult, once I had the password I put the funds into the sharedealing account and bought my shares. I bought the shares and transferred the remainder of my £100 funds back into my bank account the same day.

Yes I think thats the way it went - it wasn't difficult, once I had the password I put the funds into the sharedealing account and bought my shares. I bought the shares and transferred the remainder of my £100 funds back into my bank account the same day.

Have been wanting to do this for so long; but so anxious as never done anything like this before. Thank you so much for the reassurance.

I have a couple of questions and thought bumping this thread was better than there being yet another shares thread!

- Will my email confirmation have my card # in it? (I'm assuming yes from what I've gathered around here) so I'll be able to register for the VIP FP when the time comes.

- how long did it take for your email to come through?

Ooh that was going to be my first question!

I have applied online for a sharedealers account and don't mind put the £100 in, but would quite like to be able to transfer anything that is left back into my account as I don't think I'll ever be buying shares in the future!

Do you know how long it takes for the password to be sent to you in the post - I am all very eager to get this done and applied for before we go to Disney in June! :yay:

Ooh that was going to be my first question!

I have applied online for a sharedealers account and don't mind put the £100 in, but would quite like to be able to transfer anything that is left back into my account as I don't think I'll ever be buying shares in the future!

Do you know how long it takes for the password to be sent to you in the post - I am all very eager to get this done and applied for before we go to Disney in June! :yay:
I didn't have to wait for a password, I chose it myself and then got emailed my username immediately.

I can confirm though that I deposited my £100, bought the shares right away, and the transferred the remaining £16 odd back into my bank account right away with no problems. :)

I have a couple of questions and thought bumping this thread was better than there being yet another shares thread!

- Will my email confirmation have my card # in it? (I'm assuming yes from what I've gathered around here) so I'll be able to register for the VIP FP when the time comes.

- how long did it take for your email to come through?

For my renewal it took about a week to acknowledge it has been renewed. Can't help you about the card number as mine has been the same for 13 years & back then I didn't fax the info over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter