How does the Shareholder thing work?

Sorry, I have a Halifax share trading account and purchased my shares though them last week.

I went on the web chat to ask if they could post me the contract note rather than printing off the online one and hoping it was accepted.

The agent told me she can register me for the perks of the Shareholder club.

Will they actually do this as I seem to remember reading someone had been told that and then after a couple of weeks all Halifax did was post them the contract note (like they had originally asked for) and they still had to contact the shareholder club themself.

No, the agent won't be able to register you for the shareholders club, because you have a specific shareholders club application form to complete, which is sent off with the contract note from the Halifax.

I'm confused about the online contract note (when you've printed it off) not being accepted by the shareholders club. Thats exactly what I used in March this year to renew my shareholders club membership, and it all went through absolutely fine.

Interesting as today I purchased shares through Halifax and emailed across my completed shareholder application form and print out of my contract note. After reading somewhere it said they wouldn't accept online statements so to be sure I web chatted Halifax too this morning and they waffled on saying saying they had to register the perks for me gave me as I'm only a Nominee and it's their name on the share register. So they gave me a registration reference number and said they'll do it immediately but she didn't explain further just said when they receive whatever is sent they will forward it on to me but they didn't know be it a card or vouchers or able to give me a time frame.

I'm hoping as I emailed the shareholders club this morning my signed application form and print ouf of my contract note that it all goes through.

I've read that the club emails back confirming you are in the club -- does anyone know how soon I should receive that email? Sure hope things have been jeopardised because of whatever the Halifax is doing :confused:

Interesting as today I purchased shares through Halifax and emailed across my completed shareholder application form and print out of my contract note. After reading somewhere it said they wouldn't accept online statements so to be sure I web chatted Halifax too this morning and they waffled on saying saying they had to register the perks for me gave me as I'm only a Nominee and it's their name on the share register. So they gave me a registration reference number and said they'll do it immediately but she didn't explain further just said when they receive whatever is sent they will forward it on to me but they didn't know be it a card or vouchers or able to give me a time frame.

I sent off a print of my contract note and got the following e mail back from the shareholders club.

"However, we are not able to proceed to your registration to the Shareholders Club because we are missing information. In order to become a member of the Shareholders Club, we ask you to join to your form a valid proof of your Euro Disney S.C.A. shares possession that should at least include:

- Your name
- The quantity of Euro Disney S.C.A. shares that you hold, and that should meet the Shareholders Club requirement (minimum 5 Euro Disney S.C.A. shares)
- Proof of shares possession written on a labelled letter from the financial institution that holds your Euro Disney S.C.A. shares, or at least validated with a stamp from that institution
- A date (closest possible, less than 3 months)

Please remember that we do not accept Internet copies of bank statement as valid proofs.

The proof we received with your form is an Internet copy.

That is the reason why we cannot proceed to your registration at the moment.

Would you be so kind and send back to our attention a valid and recent proof, so that we can count you soon as a member of the Shareholders Club:

I'm hoping as I emailed the shareholders club this morning my signed application form and print ouf of my contract note that it all goes through.

I've read that the club emails back confirming you are in the club -- does anyone know how soon I should receive that email? Sure hope things have been jeopardised because of whatever the Halifax is doing :confused:

I phone Halifax on this number 08457 225 525 and they kindly sent me a letter on headed paper confirming my share ownership and I got an e mail back from DLP Shareholders confirming that my membership had been accepted within 5 days of me posting a copy of my membership form and the Halifax letter. Just waiting for my card to come thru the post now!

Just a question why aren't the shares in your name? mine were when I bought them through Halifax last year.

They can take a few days to reply. I faxed my stuff of for renewal & they email confirmation a few days later

Thank you! I will give Halifax a call first thing in the morning.

Your very welcome. The guy I spoke to at Halifax sent an e mail thru to their perks and benefits team; who sent me the letter within a week and the way it was worded was absolutely perfect for what DLP wanted!:thumbsup2 Let me know how you get on!:goodvibes

Just a question why aren't the shares in your name? mine were when I bought them through Halifax last year.

They can take a few days to reply. I faxed my stuff of for renewal & they email confirmation a few days later

On the print out of my contract note they are in my name but Halifax said on the share register it shows Halifax's name -- I'm guessing it's because I purchased them through Halifax :confused3

Your very welcome. The guy I spoke to at Halifax sent an e mail thru to their perks and benefits team; who sent me the letter within a week and the way it was worded was absolutely perfect for what DLP wanted!:thumbsup2 Let me know how you get on!:goodvibes

Spoke to Halifax today and, like you, the guy I spoke with has sent an email through to their perks and benefits team. He says I should receive written confirmation of my shares by end of this week / middle of next week. :cool1:

He also said they are obtaining perks for me and said EuroDisney will send stuff to Halifax who will forward to me for me to complete and send back to EuroDisney :confused: (I'm guessing this is the club application form which I have already filled out so if the letter suffices and I get acknowledgement from the club that I'm in I probably won't need to send the other stuff back).

Thanks for your help and I'll be keeping an eye for Mr Postie. Mind you I haven't yet heard back from the club accepting or not accepting my online contract note (did only send the email yesterday morning though).

Spoke to Halifax today and, like you, the guy I spoke with has sent an email through to their perks and benefits team. He says I should receive written confirmation of my shares by end of this week / middle of next week. :cool1:

He also said they are obtaining perks for me and said EuroDisney will send stuff to Halifax who will forward to me for me to complete and send back to EuroDisney :confused: (I'm guessing this is the club application form which I have already filled out so if the letter suffices and I get acknowledgement from the club that I'm in I probably won't need to send the other stuff back).

I spoke to someone else on one of the other Forums and she said that Halifax told her that "they will obtain perks for her from EuroDisney"; but nothing happened; so I would definitely send a copy of the membership form and a copy of the letter Halifax sent you off to the Shareholders Department at DLP.

Thanks for your help and I'll be keeping an eye for Mr Postie. Mind you I haven't yet heard back from the club accepting or not accepting my online contract note (did only send the email yesterday morning though).

When I sent my contract note off to DLP initially that had been printed from the internet; I got the following reply saying they needed a letter headed paper from Halifax. Altho I have since read that other people have had their contract note from the internet accepted???:confused3

"We have received your request to become a member of the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Club.

However, we are not able to proceed to your registration to the Shareholders Club because we are missing information. In order to become a member of the Shareholders Club, we ask you to join to your form a valid proof of your Euro Disney S.C.A. shares possession that should at least include:

- Your name
- The quantity of Euro Disney S.C.A. shares that you hold, and that should meet the Shareholders Club requirement (minimum 5 Euro Disney S.C.A. shares)
- Proof of shares possession written on a labelled letter from the financial institution that holds your Euro Disney S.C.A. shares, or at least validated with a stamp from that institution
- A date (closest possible, less than 3 months)

Please remember that we do not accept Internet copies of bank statement as valid proofs.

The proof we received with your form is an Internet copy.

That is the reason why we cannot proceed to your registration at the moment.

Kinda sounds like it depends on who you get and which day as to whether they accept the internet printed contract note or not. As soon as I hear back from the club to the email I sent yesterday with the print out I'll let you know. At least if they come back saying they want a letter it will hopefuly be on its way.

Oooh yes will definately send it off myself then .. At least then I know it's done :thumbsup2

Kinda sounds like it depends on who you get and which day as to whether they accept the internet printed contract note or not.

That's exactly what I thought! lol!

As soon as I hear back from the club to the email I sent yesterday with the print out I'll let you know. At least if they come back saying they want a letter it will hopefuly be on its way.

Yes I got my letter from Halifax within the week and posted it and from 5 days of posting the documents I got a confirmation e mail from DLP confirming my acceptance of membership of the Shareholders and giving me my membership details

Oooh yes will definately send it off myself then .. At least then I know it's done :thumbsup2

Definitely - will give you peace of mind.:goodvibes

Slightly dumb question coming up!

If I was to buy shares tonight, would I be able to get 10% off at the Disney Store tomorrow?

Told you it was daft!

No sorry Nicky as you have to become a member of the Shareholders Club for that benefit. Yes, as soon as you buy shares you are a Shareholder but it does not give you automatic entry into the Club, if that makes sense. You have to apply to the Club.

Once you apply, they email you an acceptance email and if you ask for one, a temporary Shareholders Club certificate that you can print out. This has your name/details/shareholders club personal membership number on it. I believe this print out alone is enough to allow you to use in the DS. Obviously you do get a proper card - bit like a credit card from what I gather, but this can take weeks to arrive.

BTW - someone on here (I think) mentioned printing out the Halifax contract note. Scanning it into your pc then using a paint program/editing program just deleting the online bits - the top and bottom areas where is shows the URL etc. I did this - so looking at it, you could not see it was an online printout at all - and mine was accepted no problem. I did fax it all though and think it was that, that they agreed with them seeing it 'hard copy' but I also emailed as a back up.

Well today I have received my email from the Shareholders Club confirming:

"We confirm your membership to the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Club" :cheer2::cheer2:

Guessing my online print out of my Contract Note sufficed :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone. Thanks for all the info on the shares. We are seriously interested in purchasing. I was just wondering has anyone every signed up to Halifax from Ireland or we can't sign up to Halifax through Ireland is there any other way to purchase the shares?
Also other than the discounts has anyone made money on the shars???:)
Thanks for all you help.
Neadie

Hi Neadie,

Welcome to the Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board :goodvibes.

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

another member from Ireland has just become a shareholder, here is her thread -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2920862

the share price has gone up and down a lot this past couple of years, but as far as getting dividends from being a shareholder, no, DLP is still not making a profit so no dividends are paid to shareholders.

Hi! I spent a good couple of hours reading this thread and fining as much information as I could about the shares and we've decided to take the plunge and buy some! :thumbsup2 thanks to everyone for all the great information- I definitely wouldnt have a clue without it!

I just have a question I can't seem to find the answer to in the thread, I'm sure I read somewhere that the shareholders discount can't be used in planet Hollywood as it isn't Disney owned, is that correct? Does that also mean you can't use it in rainforest cafe? I just want to know as It will probably have an effect on the restaurants we use.
I'm gutted as I've already added cafe mickey to my package so can use my discount on it! :rolleyes2 do they accept the discount on alcoholic drinks?! (probably pushing it! :rotfl2: )
Bec x

Hi all,

I have read through the entire thread and can't seem to find the info I need! I have just bought the shares through Halifax, filled in the on-line shareholders application form, and am going to ring up shortly for the proof. However, the email I received, subsequent to completing the shareholders application, says "Please print out your form, sign it and then mail or fax to the Shareholders Club." I may be missing the obvious here, but how do I print out the form? :confused3

On completion of the on-line form I saw no option to print anything (the webpage went straight to a "please check your email" type of holding page) and received no attachment in the email.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks :)

EDIT: I have now got the form, I emailed the shareholders address and they have sent me the form :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!