How do you like your hot dog?

How do you like your hot dog?

• Total voters
I didn't vote since none of your answers match mine.
Mine would be, it changes every time.
I was on vacation last week and went to 3 baseball games and had a hot dog at all 3.
First one I put Ranch Dressing on.
Second one I put Onions and ketchup on.
Third one I put relish and mustard on.
Three hot dog meals, all different meals based on the condiments.

Depends on the mood!

Usually it's mustard (either kind) and chopped onion.

Kraut dogs are good too.

Mustard & ketchup, with or without relish.

What, no option for a chili cheese dog????

Usually just mustard on a grilled dog, toasted bun. Occasionally, chili and cheese with the mustard! Nathan's.

I'm a kraut and deli mustard girl.

But if there's no kraut around (shame!) it's ketchup.

I have never understood the whole hatred of ketchup on a hot dog. If you don't like it, don't eat your's that way. There are places in the Chicago area that purposely don't sell fries, so they don't have to have ketchup.

Ok, I've lived in the Chicago area my whole life and I only eat all beef hot dogs. At home we grill them year round, and I use ketchup, tomato, and pickle. If I'm getting a dog while out, it's ketchup, tomato, pickle/cucumber, relish, and sport peppers. (Onion salt if available.)

ETA - sometimes I will have grilled onions on at home too. (Usually that is just for polish sausage though.) At baseball games, it's grilled onions and ketchup.

I rarely eat hots dogs but when I do it depends on my mood. The have to be high quality, all beef and never boiled or microwaved.

Slathered in bbq sauce and charred, no bun or condiments just pick up and eat with your fingers.

Grilled, toasted bun, raw onion, dill relish and tons of yellow mustard.

I much prefer brawts simmered in beer, onions and green peppers then grilled. Toasted bun, raw onion, dill relish, tons of yellow mustard and sauerkraut.

When I was a kid my dad would serve them to me with mayo, dill pickle slices and a slice of American cheese. No idea where that came from, I don't remember anyone in the family or anyone else I've ever met eating them that way.

I grew up in the Chicago suburbs, near Portillo's. So that's the quintessential hot dog, to me.

I don't like mustard or relish on a hot dog, though. The mustard, especially, I find to be overwhelming. So I'd get mine with diced onion, tomato, sport peppers, and celery salt. Steamed poppy seed bun. Kosher pickle spear on the side.

Boiled or nuked - not grilled, any kind of hotdog bun but NOT in sliced bread, sweet pickle relish unless I have meat sauce that I trust (LOL) to put on it then I skip the relish, and all beef only!

I voted mustard, but I actually just prefer hot dogs to be grilled & plain on a grilled bun. If I have any sauce at all, it would be a little yellow mustard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter