How do you like your hot dog?

How do you like your hot dog?

• Total voters
I grew up in the Chicago suburbs, near Portillo's. So that's the quintessential hot dog, to me.

I don't like mustard or relish on a hot dog, though. The mustard, especially, I find to be overwhelming. So I'd get mine with diced onion, tomato, sport peppers, and celery salt. Steamed poppy seed bun. Kosher pickle spear on the side.

I like the nuclear green relish that is common in the Chicago area. The glow from it is probably visible from Outer Space.

I respectfully request that in honour of Canada Day tomorrow, you expand your choices to include: "Sliced and cooked into Kraft Dinner" This is how all real Canadians eat their hotdogs (or wieners as we like to call them). :wave2:
I grew up eating this and so did DH but not one of our kids will touch it. Stepmother would also do diced ham or tuna. All three super cheap protein I suppose.

I'll take mine with just mustard, but I also prefer bratwurst. We have dozens of varieties available locally, but your basic Milwaukee style brat works as well as anything. Good with just mustard, maybe on a pretzel roll, maybe with some kraut. My favorite way is grilled about 1/2 way, then simmered in fresh squeezed lemon and/or lime juice & a stick of butter. Add a little mustard & pickled jalapeños :).

Adore hot dogs! I especially seem to like "cheap" hot dogs. All beef don't have a lot of taste to me. Need some pork in there for flavor. Ab
I'll take mine with just mustard, but I also prefer bratwurst. We have dozens of varieties available locally, but your basic Milwaukee style brat works as well as anything. Good with just mustard, maybe on a pretzel roll, maybe with some kraut. My favorite way is grilled about 1/2 way, then simmered in fresh squeezed lemon and/or lime juice & a stick of butter. Add a little mustard & pickled jalapeños :).

Wow! Bet you'd be fun to watch in the kitchen. No way would it be dull considering the above post. :)

Grilled but not burned. I also like microwaved but hate boiled. All beef only. Ketchup and relish.

I prefer mine either grilled, roasted on a stick over an open campfire, or boiled. The bun needs to be soft. And it depends on my mood as to what condiments I put on it. Sometimes it's just ketchup, sometimes mustard and ketchup together, sometimes mustard and onion, sometimes ketchup, mustard, relish (sweet or dill, doesn't matter) and onion. The onions need to be sweet, either Vidalia or Candy onions. Chili dogs are good too, but the chili needs to be saucy. I much prefer a good hot dog over a hamburger. So when DH grills burgers he puts on a few hot dogs too. :)

grilled, all beef hot dog with brown mustard and raw onion. I also like a buttered, toasted roll.

I respectfully request that in honour of Canada Day tomorrow, you expand your choices to include: "Sliced and cooked into Kraft Dinner" This is how all real Canadians eat their hotdogs (or wieners as we like to call them). :wave2:

I do gotta agree. That is a very yummy meal. Also sliced dogs in a small bowl of brown beans. Especially good when bought off of a canteen truck at 6:30am

boiled or on a roller...never grilled (yuck). Mustard, sauerkraut and green relish and chopped onions

I must not be a real Canadian. Lol. No KD in my house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter