• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you call for a Minnie Van ride?

For the record, I did not discount your feelings on using Uber/Lyft in any way only that those vehicles and their condition really has no bearing on a Minnie Van. They are owned, operated and maintained by Disney, not the drivers. The safety of the Minnie Van shouldn't be grouped with Uber/Lyft vehicles

I was in an Uber last week that didn't even have its side mirrors attached to the car:

Yes, I reported this to Uber and the DMV. This is not the first Uber I've seen where the car is basically falling apart and smells like feet.
Sorry you had that experience, and thanks for reporting the problem. Everybody in the rideshare system has responsibilities, and your complaint is very good for the health of the system.

Uber actually has a pretty good mechanism for reporting issues like this, and they will take action...especially if you sent them the pictures of the missing mirror. They are very responsive.

I don't know where you are, and therefore don't know whether the missing mirror is actually a safety violation under local law, but Uber will find out.

In the future, if you EVER encounter any rideshare or taxi vehicle that you think is unsafe -- please DO NOT get in the vehicle. Or, if you discover the problem en route -- ask the driver to pull over, end the trip, and make other arrangements. NEVER compromise your safety.

And no, there isn't any customer service. You can't even speak to a human unless you've been in an accident.
The messaging system they use works better than telephone for routine complaints. If there is a critical issue you can call.

And -- to Angie's point -- yes, this is off-topic and would be better on one of the other threads.

I haven't ever checked to see if Uber or Lyft can take a guest with an ecv. I know the Ubers I've used in Cali were regular cars, so I just figured they didn't.
Haven't used either in WDW because I do have an ecv and just assumed that wouldn't work.
Now with this new Minnie Van option, I'm wondering if possibly they do have an option for guests who have an ecv to use the Minnie Van? And if they do, if that would be a more expensive option than the $20 they are going to charge for the regular Minnie Van. Also curious how this would work, transporting the ecv, I have no idea how to pack it down for travel in a regular car.

1) I haven't ever checked to see if Uber or Lyft can take a guest with an ecv. I know the Ubers I've used in Cali were regular cars, so I just figured they didn't.
Haven't used either in WDW because I do have an ecv and just assumed that wouldn't work.

2) Now with this new Minnie Van option, I'm wondering if possibly they do have an option for guests who have an ecv to use the Minnie Van?

3) And if they do, if that would be a more expensive option than the $20 they are going to charge for the regular Minnie Van.

4) Also curious how this would work, transporting the ecv, I have no idea how to pack it down for travel in a regular car.

1) Both services do have some contractors with vehicles that accommodate mobility equipment. See the respective sites for more information, and note it may take longer or require making a reservation the day before.

2) Yes, they have two actual vans that can accommodate a mobility device. When the service actually starts operation.

3) No. $20.00 anywhere onsite.

4) See the related thread on the disABILITIES forum. Enter via an attached ramp, the driver will or should be able to tie it down.

Yes, they have two actual vans that can accommodate a mobility device. When the service actually starts operation.

I saw a photo on a social media site of a person in a wheelchair in a Minnie Van which was really a van, not an SUV. I haven't seen anything yet about how many there are, how you would request them, etc.

So, these ARE the vans you are looking for... (Do I need to say that this line is in response to PP's Star Wars joke?)

I saw a photo on a social media site of a person in a wheelchair in a Minnie Van which was really a van, not an SUV. I haven't seen anything yet about how many there are, how you would request them, etc.

So, these ARE the vans you are looking for... (Do I need to say that this line is in response to PP's Star Wars joke?)

There is another thread on these in the DISabilities board. They are Ford Transit Connects fitted with a lift on the back and flexible seating. They only hold 4 including wheel chair Plus driver. One up front, 2 in "Captains's Chairs" in the middle and then the chair/scooter/etc in the back.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/are-the-new-minnie-vans-accessible.3618764/

I haven't read through the entire thread so forgive me if this has been asked. Does anyone know if the minnie-vans will go to and/or pick up at non-Disney resorts on Disney property? Things like SOG, 4 Seasons, etc. Never used Lift or Uber before because I only ever use taxis on vacations and I haven't been on a vacation where I needed one in several years, so I am trying to figure out whether to download Uber for my August trip or Lyft.

I haven't read through the entire thread so forgive me
What do you mean, you're not willing to read through almost 200 posts? ;)

We don't know yet, but possibly Shades of Green, which Disney owns and leases to the military. The others are owned by other companies and, while within WDW boundaries, are usually on land Disney wasn't able to purchase, right?

Disney owns the property for the other hotels on Disney property also. My bet is that the deal for the other properties involves much larger money transfers then the deal they gave the military for the Disney Golf Resort.

It is interesting trying to keep straight which Disney perks we get when we stay at SOG and which we don't.

1) Both services do have some contractors with vehicles that accommodate mobility equipment. See the respective sites for more information, and note it may take longer or require making a reservation the day before.

2) Yes, they have two actual vans that can accommodate a mobility device. When the service actually starts operation.

3) No. $20.00 anywhere onsite.

4) See the related thread on the disABILITIES forum. Enter via an attached ramp, the driver will or should be able to tie it down.
Uber does not have an accessible option in Orlando. I don't think there are any lift or ramp-equipped vehicles.

Uber and Lyft do require drivers to accommodate special needs riders "to the maximum extent possible," in accordance with ADA. If there is a foldable wheelchair or disassemblable scooter than can safely be carried in the vehicle, drivers must accept it. There's a better chance they will fit in an UberXL. It seems unlikely that a power chair would fit. Also, a larger scooter, even if disassemblable, might have parts too heavy for some drivers to safely lift alone, so the help of another party member might be required. Drivers also might not have the knowledge to disassemble and reassemble scooters.

What do you mean, you're not willing to read through almost 200 posts? ;)

1. We don't know yet, but possibly Shades of Green, which Disney owns and leases to the military.

2. The others are owned by other companies and, while within WDW boundaries, are usually on land Disney wasn't able to purchase, right?

1. Well SOG is owned outright by the DoD since 1996 but Disney or the RCID still owns the land.

2. Not sure what you mean by this but those hotels built at DS and the Swan and Dolphin were built because at the time WDW didn't want to spend the money to build them.

But anyway I'm assuming this service pays for itself so I think anyplace on property is fair game*. Its not like those non disney properties have to pay to get benefits like EMH.

*At least when it fully rolls out.

Last edited:
Disney owns the property for the other hotels on Disney property also. My bet is that the deal for the other properties involves much larger money transfers then the deal they gave the military for the Disney Golf Resort.

It is interesting trying to keep straight which Disney perks we get when we stay at SOG and which we don't.
Four Seasons & the Bonnet Creek resorts are not on Disney property. Swan & Dolphin are, and would be the most likely to be included in the service. The Disney Springs resorts I believe are on Disney property, but usually aren't included in Disney services.

Swan & Dolphin are, and would be the most likely to be included in the service. The Disney Springs resorts I believe are on Disney property, but usually aren't included in Disney services.

Yes these are all within the boundaries of WDW, but some pay Disney to get things like EMH.

I haven't read through the entire thread so forgive me if this has been asked. Does anyone know if the minnie-vans will go to and/or pick up at non-Disney resorts on Disney property? Things like SOG, 4 Seasons, etc. Never used Lift or Uber before because I only ever use taxis on vacations and I haven't been on a vacation where I needed one in several years, so I am trying to figure out whether to download Uber for my August trip or Lyft.
Four Seasons & the Bonnet Creek resorts are not on Disney property. Swan & Dolphin are, and would be the most likely to be included in the service. The Disney Springs resorts I believe are on Disney property, but usually aren't included in Disney services.
I'm going to guess, and this is a total WAG (wild a@$ guess) that Minnie Van will be able to go and will service wherever a Disney bus can go/service. So yes to Swan/Dolphin, no to the others.

I'm going to guess, and this is a total WAG (wild a@$ guess) that Minnie Van will be able to go and will service wherever a Disney bus can go/service. So yes to Swan/Dolphin, no to the others.

But don't the DS properties have Disney bus Service of some sort.

Yes, that we knew.
The news here though, it is now available at least at Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach Club.
According to the Blog
Unless they are behind the times YET AGAIN because that is where they were testing last week too.
Seems strange that they'd be testing there and now launched there and no where else

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter