How bad are masks in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do those neck fans feel heavy on your neck? They look so bulky to me? I'm trying to decide which ones to go with- we have ones that's attached to a lanyard but these look like they'd cool you off more...
When I saw the forecast for last weekend I decided to purchase a couple of neck fans for the trip. They were great. I found them fairly effective and really helped to cool you down while in an inside que by moving around the cooler air. They were less effective outside but still did supply some relief. We had four fans for our group of four. The folded nicely and fit well in a backpack. I also carried a portable charger to recharge them on the go.

My 2 cents: I was there the first week of May. 90 degree heat, masks and no fast passes - not something we will do again. I know park capacity is supposed to be severely limited but we go multiple times every year and I would have never guessed the parks were at limited capacity.

Looks like it’s not something you will have to worry about until you go indoors, which is always air conditioned anyways. So excited for this!!

The easiest way to think about it I think is anything past where the wait time is posted will require a mask...whether inside or out.At some attractions, that will be inside, at others it will be outside.

Yep, was at AK yesterday. Anything before this sign didn’t need a mask. But from this point on it was required.

2C297F4D-9C2D-4C54-A1F1-08A258698C2E.jpeg

Luckily no more masks outside .. they should drop them altogether.. won’t go until then . I was so excited today to do all my errands and shopping today without the hot mask :)

I don't think they will be dropping them at all until 2022 -- they are most likely going to wait until kids can be vaccinated and then give kids a reasonable amount of time to get fully vaccinated, which will take at least 5 weeks from the first day the vaccine is approved. I have heard that the vaccine might be approved for kids in around October. My guess is that masks will be gone in January or February of 2022.

I don't think they will be dropping them at all until 2022 -- they are most likely going to wait until kids can be vaccinated and then give kids a reasonable amount of time to get fully vaccinated, which will take at least 5 weeks from the first day the vaccine is approved. I have heard that the vaccine might be approved for kids in around October. My guess is that masks will be gone in January or February of 2022.
I think the mask mandates for indoors depends completely on how prevalent the virus still is. If there are virtually no significant cases in the US during the summer, I can see them dropping masks due to pressure from customers and difficulty on enforcing for employees/cast members.

Especially if the CDC says masks are not required indoors for anyone. No-one expected the CDC to come out Thursday and say that masks are not required indoors for vaccinated people, so who knows when they may change their directive for everyone.

Not to threadjack, but NYC just announced today that they are adopting the CDC guidelines, eff Weds, 5/19, for vaccinated ppl---
Optional masks for the most part. Definitely fast-tracked, because this wasnt supposed to happen until July 1 -
I just cant wait to go back and see a Broadway show !!!

No-one expected the CDC to come out Thursday and say that masks are not required indoors for vaccinated people, so who knows when they may change their directive for everyone.

Here is the deal though, the whole reason why they made this unexpected announcement is to encourage people to get the vaccine. To show them the benefits. Saying everyone can go unmasked does not encourage people to get the vaccine. And if rates start going back up because unvaccinated people are running around unmasked since no one is verifying, then mask mandates could come back. I read that a lot of kids under 5 are dying in Brazil from COVID. Not sure if they have a different strain going around there that is causing it, but if that happens here then I see masking definitely being required at WDW for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter