Hotels & Restaurants in Cocoa Beach

We stayed at the Ciuntry Inn and Suites this past July, good rate and closest to the port.

We always eat at IHOP as a tradition. This was our thrid cruise so far.

We stayed at Country Inn & Suites as a family, and my parents have stayed there a few more times (and trust me when I say that if there was ANY issue my dad would not have returned). Clean, super close to the port, and a good breakfast. (And if the shuttle you want is full, they have a cab company that was less than $10 including tip to get us over there they can give you the number for.)

Ate at Fish Lips (we have zero issues with the name) and loved out food there. Gotta say, I'm glad we didn't go to Grills because if someone near us had that nasty fish put on their table, more than one of us would have lost whatever was in our stomach. Talk about something gross and unappetizing!! :)

Lion Fish ... quite tasty .... cleaned and cooked whole with an oriental glaze

only served when they have fresh local catch

ya just pluck it off the bones ... it is a nice mild white flakey fish ....

AND an invasive species with no natural predator so growing a market encourages divers to spear 'em. That's the only way to catch btw ... spear 'em. They ignore hooked baits and don't school so nets are also out ....

http://www.grillsseafood.com/lionfish-invasion/

Last edited:
Grills all the way. I have never been to Fish Lips because I can't stay away from Grills!

Ok, so I'm working on where to stay and where to eat during our adventure.

Please give me your hotels (looking for clean and budget) and restaurants....

READY? GO!

TIA

We stayed at the Hampton Inn. We liked it, although it was basically just a place to lay our heads to sleep and store luggage while we played at the beach pre-cruise.

It had Beach access, a pool, and free breakfast.

We ate dinner at some surf shop/hotel down the street. It was decent, but I do t remember the name.

Lion Fish ... quite tasty .... cleaned and cooked whole with an oriental glaze

only served when they have fresh local catch

ya just pluck it off the bones ... it is a nice mild white flakey fish ....

AND an invasive species with no natural predator so growing a market encourages divers to spear 'em. That's the only way to catch btw ... spear 'em. They ignore hooked baits and don't school so nets are also out ....

http://www.grillsseafood.com/lionfish-invasion/
Thanks for sharing! It's good to know the fish isn't poisonous. You don't see many restaurants discuss that their food isn't poisonous. :)

MUN

We usually drive to the port on embarkation day (we only live 2 hours away from PC) but this past January my daughter & I decided to stay in Cocoa the night before. We stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton and it was great! Clean comfortable rooms, Ron Jon Surf shop right next door, Starbucks in the lobby, a Walgreen's across the street for last minute stuff for the cruise. Would highly recommend!

We haven't stayed there yet, but have also booked the La Quinta Oceanfront. The location sold me... direct oceanfront rooms with balconies, and right next to the pier, walking distance to restaurants, etc. Two things I always love are an ocean sunrise on a balcony with coffee, and walking along the beach to go to dinner, sandals in hand, LOL.
Looks like you are cruising in October...Keep me posted!

We stayed at the Ciuntry Inn and Suites this past July, good rate and closest to the port.

We always eat at IHOP as a tradition. This was our thrid cruise so far.

I love IHOP! Will have to look at this~

We stayed at Country Inn & Suites as a family, and my parents have stayed there a few more times (and trust me when I say that if there was ANY issue my dad would not have returned). Clean, super close to the port, and a good breakfast. (And if the shuttle you want is full, they have a cab company that was less than $10 including tip to get us over there they can give you the number for.)

Ate at Fish Lips (we have zero issues with the name) and loved out food there. Gotta say, I'm glad we didn't go to Grills because if someone near us had that nasty fish put on their table, more than one of us would have lost whatever was in our stomach. Talk about something gross and unappetizing!! :)

Thank you for the cab info.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn. We liked it, although it was basically just a place to lay our heads to sleep and store luggage while we played at the beach pre-cruise.

It had Beach access, a pool, and free breakfast.

We ate dinner at some surf shop/hotel down the street. It was decent, but I do t remember the name.

I like the Hampton Inn other places. You always know what you are getting...and you make a great point with a place to lay our heads.

We usually drive to the port on embarkation day (we only live 2 hours away from PC) but this past January my daughter & I decided to stay in Cocoa the night before. We stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton and it was great! Clean comfortable rooms, Ron Jon Surf shop right next door, Starbucks in the lobby, a Walgreen's across the street for last minute stuff for the cruise. Would highly recommend!

OK the Starbucks in the lobby might sell me on this!

Looks like you are cruising in October...Keep me posted!

So, we actually just changed our plans and decided to buy tickets to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party the night before our cruise... so I will be cancelling the Cocoa Beach hotel. But we are still deciding what to do the day we disembark (and where to stay that night), and this is still high on my list! I still love beachfront! :cool2:

My fav breakfast / lunch spot is called Simply Delicious. Affordable and so much made and baked from scratch. We look forward to it!

And we have actually enjoyed Rock the Guac for a quick meal - fresh and well priced.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn the night before the two cruises we took. It was clean, I thought a reasonable price and included free breakfast which was handy.
It had a path to the beach which the kids loved and they went swimming after dinner at the hotel pool. We did have a rental car so I'm not sure about a shuttle.

Love breakfast at Simply Delicious. Its at 125 N Orlando Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931

Grills is definitely a locals favorite and I've found is typically preferred over Fishlips. I also found Rusty's to be nice. If you want to really get a feel for the area and have a bit more time on your hands, I highly suggest Fat Kahuna's for dinner. It's not in Cape Canaveral but instead Cocoa Beach and is a small beachside restaurant with phenomenal food that really reflects the local surfer lifestyle!

Does the LaQuinta offer a port shuttle? I looked on the site but didn't see one offered.

Hmmm, I'm not sure, but I would expect that they would? We are renting a car, so this was not on my list to inquire about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter