HHI LOVERS THREAD

Guisseppi's pizza seems pretty popular It's close to the resort, not far from Kroger I can't say from personal experience how it is, we get this hypnotic "Must eat seafood" once we pass the bridge onto the island:)
Thanks and I hear you! We are looking to feed four teenager boys while the adults have date nights. :)

Local Pie. It's 5-7 minutes from the resort--very fresh, can be delivered. Guiseppe's seemed a bit bland to us though many rave about it. Naturally, there are the chain pizza places if you're looking for quantity over quality. ;) Date nights are easy to have on HHI. Enjoy!

Last edited:

My family and I are getting pretty desperate for an escape - I’m contemplating visiting HH in MARCH, in four months. I know it’ll be way too cold for the beach... but I read the pool is heated. Mid March when the kids have some time off school, they are 6 & 8. Are we absolutely insane? They love swimming but I’m worried even with the pool heated it’ll just be too cold. Would love feedback!

I was there for the mid March week this year, up until they closed. It was an absolutely beautiful week, weather wise. That said, it can go either way as I've been there in March before and it rained every day and was cold.

So I'm booked for the same week in 2021, and I'm hoping for a repeat.

The bad news - March is pretty much completely booked except for a few weekend nights. I booked a one bedroom and then decided I'd prefer a 2 bedroom and I haven't snagged it yet. 80 some days to go. I could have gotten it when I booked :(

Good luck and hope you find a cancelation!

Local Pie. It's 5-7 minutes from the resort--very fresh, can be delivered. Guiseppe's seemed a bit bland to us though many rave about it. Naturally, there are the chain pizza places if you're looking for quantity over quality. ;) Date nights are easy to have on HHI. Enjoy!
Awesome. Thanks!

I was there for the mid March week this year, up until they closed. It was an absolutely beautiful week, weather wise. That said, it can go either way as I've been there in March before and it rained every day and was cold.

So I'm booked for the same week in 2021, and I'm hoping for a repeat.

The bad news - March is pretty much completely booked except for a few weekend nights. I booked a one bedroom and then decided I'd prefer a 2 bedroom and I haven't snagged it yet. 80 some days to go. I could have gotten it when I booked :(

Good luck and hope you find a cancelation!

I totally admit I didn't really look for availability yet! But we are pretty flexible anyways. We know we'd have to take the kids out of school so it its one week vs the other... who really cares! I'm thinking some people will be cancelling last minute, crossing my fingers you can get your 2 bedroom!

We just got back. My son, 7, made it into the pool once. He probably would have gone in more, if we let him. I feel like March in Hilton Head should be nice, I would bet 70s, maybe even warmer. The pool is heated. I think it should be fine. FYI the pool is closed under 50 degrees F, taking wind chill into account. We walked on the beach a lot. We did a number of the crafts and pool-side games. We brought our bikes, although you could rent if you wanted. We loved it, even in the cool December weather. I vote go!

This sounds awesome! I'm glad you had such a lovely trip. My 8 year old is a big bike rider, maybe it'll be motivation for my 6 year old to finally get out of training wheels :)

We were at Hilton Head last January and we were in the pool every day. I doubt you will have any issues in March unless a freak winter storm hits. We are going back this year for New Years and our suits are packed. :)
I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Does anyone know why the hotel has such a limited availability? It seems to me they did not build enough hotel rooms. Was another phase planned that were not developed?

Does anyone know why the hotel has such a limited availability? It seems to me they did not build enough hotel rooms. Was another phase planned that were not developed?
My guess would be the lack of land they had to work with. I’m at the resort now and the surrounding area is very developed.

For those who are coming in tomorrow for New Years! The scavenger hunt last year was a blast.

Attachments

• 1147CD44-34E1-42DA-B222-2A14012D28FE.jpeg
    1147CD44-34E1-42DA-B222-2A14012D28FE.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 18
  • C6215A67-EBD5-453B-B80A-3422E84D3F87.jpeg
    C6215A67-EBD5-453B-B80A-3422E84D3F87.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 19
  • 18159B20-A8E8-447F-9994-AFAFC8B1E031.jpeg
    18159B20-A8E8-447F-9994-AFAFC8B1E031.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 19
Enjoy! Getting rain here today but otherwise the weather has been awesome! Yesterday it was in the 70s and sunny at the beach.
Thank you! We are hoping to be heading in as the rain moves out tomorrow. I saw the flash flood warning there tonight. Good night to stay in with some movies from the mercantile!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter