HHI LOVERS THREAD

Thank you! We are hoping to be heading in as the rain moves out tomorrow. I saw the flash flood warning there tonight. Good night to stay in with some movies from the mercantile!
We actually played some Disney Board games and then went out for a nice dinner. Tomorrow it’s supposed to be nice and sunny so heading back to the beach for our last day here. Awesome trip and hope yours is as well!

Has anyone done any of the nature/conservation activities with Miss Cassie since these extras have been available again?

We love Miss Cassie !

Thank you! Definitely going to do the beach walk with such resounding reviews! Some of the units have lights still strung up on their balconies- so fun and festive!

PSA - The Hilton Head Social Bakery at Shelter Cove (wonderful bakery run by former Tavern in the green pastry chef < 5 minute walk) has seasonal hours and is closed Monday and Tuesday. Plan accordingly for your eclair, tart, macaroon, quiche needs. :tongue:

Could someone tell me if there's currently any availability in a studio or one bedroom at HHI for August 5? I'll be attempting to make two different reservations tomorrow, but if HHI is already waitlist only I'd rather prioritize the other reservation first.
:thanks:

(edited to correct the date in question!)

Could someone tell me if there's currently any availability in a studio or one bedroom at HHI for August 5? I'll be attempting to make two different reservations tomorrow, but if HHI is already waitlist only I'd rather prioritize the other reservation first.
:thanks:

(edited to correct the date in question!)
There are a very limited number of one BR and studios at HHI to begin with, and you are looking at peak summertime which usually books up 11 months in advance, so it's a safe bet to say you would be waitlisting

Hey all!!

We are at the 74 days to go mark - very much looking forward to this trip!

Last year, we had a March 21 trip booked and then the world shut down - Disney closed properties the day after and we had to cancel. Prior to that we have only been to HHI in August which is prime time season.

My question is - for the Week of March 20 - will the majority of things be open? Or will we still be in closed season - a lot of restaurants we love are closing now for the season - San Miguels etc.
Do they typically open up by then?

Also anyone who has been recently - I know for the most part what is and is not still happening due to covid - but the cute little photo "booth" area in the main lodge - is that open?

Hey all!!

We are at the 74 days to go mark - very much looking forward to this trip!

Last year, we had a March 21 trip booked and then the world shut down - Disney closed properties the day after and we had to cancel. Prior to that we have only been to HHI in August which is prime time season.

My question is - for the Week of March 20 - will the majority of things be open? Or will we still be in closed season - a lot of restaurants we love are closing now for the season - San Miguels etc.
Do they typically open up by then?

Also anyone who has been recently - I know for the most part what is and is not still happening due to covid - but the cute little photo "booth" area in the main lodge - is that open?
We just got home yesterday and had an awesome trip. I’m not sure when restaurants open and close but we had no issues except our reservations for one got canceled as a dishwasher got Covid. The resort didn’t have any activities after 6:30 but the pool and store are open until 8:00. The little photo booth is unfortunately still closed. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

We just got home yesterday and had an awesome trip. I’m not sure when restaurants open and close but we had no issues except our reservations for one got canceled as a dishwasher got Covid. The resort didn’t have any activities after 6:30 but the pool and store are open until 8:00. The little photo booth is unfortunately still closed. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Thank you so much! I'm so glad you had a good trip :)

Do you remember if that little putting green in the kind of middle of the resort's interior is open? Are you able to rent game equipment like for shuffleboard or corn hole?

Also - I have every confidence in Disney and the CM's as far as management of the safety precautious and masks etc - we were in WDW during thanksgiving and felt very safe - but how is the surrounding town handling things? Did you feel that there was any mitigation done or is it just kind of left up to the person - wear a mask if you want to but you don't have to - that kind of thing. Just wondering how Hilton Head is handling it.

Thank you so much! I'm so glad you had a good trip :)

Do you remember if that little putting green in the kind of middle of the resort's interior is open? Are you able to rent game equipment like for shuffleboard or corn hole?

Also - I have every confidence in Disney and the CM's as far as management of the safety precautious and masks etc - we were in WDW during thanksgiving and felt very safe - but how is the surrounding town handling things? Did you feel that there was any mitigation done or is it just kind of left up to the person - wear a mask if you want to but you don't have to - that kind of thing. Just wondering how Hilton Head is handling it.
No problem! The ping pong tables were down and the pool table in the main lodge was closed but everything else appeared to be open. On site the cast members wore masks and enforced them as well which was great to see. When we were out and about I would say that 95% of people wore them too. The only time we didn’t feel safe was at dinner at WiseGuys steak house. The food and workers were AWESOME but the tables were too close together for our liking. We wore masks unless eating or drinking. That being said we can’t wait to go back there once Covid is in the past. Hilton Head seems to be taking it seriously. 👍

No problem! The ping pong tables were down and the pool table in the main lodge was closed but everything else appeared to be open.
Oh no! Not the ping pong tables! My girls LIVED at the ping pong table on our last trip...way back in 2017! We were supposed to go back in April 2020, but had to move it to April 2021 because of "the disease". Now we are about 90 days out and can't wait. I think the girls are more excited about going fishing so hopefully there are still plenty of off-shore/near-shore charters that are still operating. We are really looking forward to a much-needed family vacation.

Oh no! Not the ping pong tables! My girls LIVED at the ping pong table on our last trip...way back in 2017! We were supposed to go back in April 2020, but had to move it to April 2021 because of "the disease". Now we are about 90 days out and can't wait. I think the girls are more excited about going fishing so hopefully there are still plenty of off-shore/near-shore charters that are still operating. We are really looking forward to a much-needed family vacation.
They will have no problems fishing. We saw people out just about every day trying to catch some. 👍

That’s great, congratulations! :cheer2:
It’ll be our first too; I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll be able to make this trip happen! Enjoy!!!

Yes, I think that we are all thinking like that during these times.
But it's fun to plan and look forward to those happy times.
Have a great time!!

Yes, you can be sure they must be taking it seriously As we got on the island, we were met by two big flashing signs reminding us to wear our masks Flashing signs on HHI (LOL)? You KNOW it must be something serious!

thats great to hear - thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter