***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

posted in Halloween thread but would love all of your opinion....

Okay go with me on this....we gave up on costumes for the party. But Disney bounding is much easier...
I said before my hair is dark brown and curly with awesome natural gray streaks that are really noticeable when I wear it down. Soo....my dress I already planned on wearing, hair loose and curly, dark lipstick, find a little green lantern.

View attachment 255777 View attachment 255778 View attachment 255779

And I thought Micky could just wear a t-shirt that says "I'm Malicious, Mean and Scary"!!! Would anyone get it? I would have to get the t-shirt made, but that's not hard. Can just get a brown one, close to the color of the character's outfit.

thoughts?
that's awesome!! :) I bet plenty of people would get it! Especially if you M&G Rapunzel, watch out for frying pans lol

that's awesome!! :) I bet plenty of people would get it! Especially if you M&G Rapunzel, watch out for frying pans lol

Thanks! I just bought on Amazon LED green fairy lights and this little rattan lantern. The lantern has a solar candle in it, but I will just turn that off and wrap the fairy lights around it!

51CIoMhZ8+L.jpg 61Lz7QfkRyL._SL1001_.jpg

Are fast passes for Frozen still really hard to get?

I'm thinking when my 60 day window opens I'm going to focus on Frozen later in the week, Avatar 2nd, then 7dmt, lastly toy story... then fill in the rest of the week.
FOP is the new FEA. Book that one first for sure, as late in your trip as possible. You should have a decent selection of FEA dates/times at 60 days, but it should still be your number 2. Then SDMT and TSMM as you said.

So MK should at least be open until 10 on non-party nights in October. I checked and you can get ADRs at 9:30 for Liberty Tree Tavern and a couple other restaurants in MK on 10/25 - Wednesday (no party), so park is open past 9! Hours still show 9 though.

I so hope you're right. We're looking at going to the MK on Sat 10/21, but right now the park hours only show that's open until 9:00. We checked dining reservations, but nothing after 9:00. So hoping things change!

For the October vets-we have a choice of a MNSSHP on a Monday or Tuesday-Any thoughts on which day may be better? I'm hoping they don't sell out as may wait til last minute (like week or 2 before) to buy (first full week of October). Our schedule for other days will be dependent on my DD's schedule-as she will need to be with us in order to use her free passes (I will have an AP but my MiL and SiL will need the free passes). So doubtful will even make FP in advance. I do have an ADR at Kona cafe but that is it as far as planning LOL.
We were there Oct 1-5th last year and went to the party on a Sunday. None of the parties sold out that week. In fact, there were very few sold out parties last year. I think it may have been because it was the second year for the stage show and the ticket prices had gone up quite a bit.

Anyway, the parties sometimes get rained out that time of year. So I would suggest that you book the Monday party so that if it gets rained out you have a chance to go to the Tuesday party. We ended up with a rain free party. :)

We were there Oct 1-5th last year and went to the party on a Sunday. None of the parties sold out that week. In fact, there were very few sold out parties last year. I think it may have been because it was the second year for the stage show and the ticket prices had gone up quite a bit.

Anyway, the parties sometimes get rained out that time of year. So I would suggest that you book the Monday party so that if it gets rained out you have a chance to go to the Tuesday party. We ended up with a rain free party. :)

I wasn't aware that there were Monday parties. During my week the party nights are Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I just assumed it was the same each week, but I guess not.

I wasn't aware that there were Monday parties. During my week the party nights are Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I just assumed it was the same each week, but I guess not.

The week of Columbus Day has a Monday party. In fact, the parties that week are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday! Only days during our visits without parties are Sunday and Wednesday!

I wondered about the Monday party, too. So I looked at the calendar and there is only one Monday party scheduled in 2017. :)

Okay go with me on this....we gave up on costumes for the party. But Disney bounding is much easier...
I said before my hair is dark brown and curly with awesome natural gray streaks that are really noticeable when I wear it down. Soo....my dress I already planned on wearing, hair loose and curly, dark lipstick, find a little green lantern.

And I thought Micky could just wear a t-shirt that says "I'm Malicious, Mean and Scary"!!! Would anyone get it? I would have to get the t-shirt made, but that's not hard. Can just get a brown one, close to the color of the character's outfit.

thoughts?

thoughts?
Omg!!I love this idea. My 4 girls ages 10-3 would totally get it. You should have him wear a satchel with a tiara sticking out of it.

So, I have to start thinking about what I'm gonna do about FP soon. Here's my general thoughts

Day 1 (Tue): Flight lands at 10:30ish, allow an hour and a half to get over to BLT, that's about noon. Lunch then AK for the afternoon and early evening.
Day 2 (Wed): Rope drop at HS, leave there by 12:30, hang out at the pool, Epcot in the evening. I figure I'll set up the FP for HS because I figure the lines there will be pretty long. I've noticed that future world is pretty dead in the evenings so we can do that, maybe grab an additional FP and see Illuminations?
Day 3 (Thurs): Party day. I have to decide whether to rope drop and walk back at 4ish or just show up around 12:30 or 1 and spend the whole afternoon and evening there.
Day 4 (Fri): No rope drop anything but I need to pick a park. Plus we'll probably get breakfast at either the wave or maybe whispering canyon. I asked my son if he had any park he wanted to do twice for sure and he was like "You pick!" great thanks kid. We'll have our stuff ready to check out and be moving over to Universal so no huge rush. Any ideas? MK would obviously be the easiest but we'll have a whole day there, and only a half day in the other 3 parks. It's a tough choice.

Day 4 (Fri): No rope drop anything but I need to pick a park.
I might have missed a previous post but what's your party like, ages, how many? I feel your pain on being torn for parks...Epcot would be fun to do anything you'd missed, with F&W it would be busy that evening you're there, so you might have something you'd like to go back for. DHS is always fun IMO but it depends on if you like the more thrilling rides. I also get that with a lot being...well not open right now it's not going to be the popular choice. AK, if your kids like doing wilderness explorers or you're looking for something you haven't done before, then that case can easily be made! haha I feel like there's always something at AK I've missed or didn't even realize was available.

Sorry I probably didn't help as much as I intended, now I'm all torn for you!

I might have missed a previous post but what's your party like, ages, how many? I feel your pain on being torn for parks...Epcot would be fun to do anything you'd missed, with F&W it would be busy that evening you're there, so you might have something you'd like to go back for. DHS is always fun IMO but it depends on if you like the more thrilling rides. I also get that with a lot being...well not open right now it's not going to be the popular choice. AK, if your kids like doing wilderness explorers or you're looking for something you haven't done before, then that case can easily be made! haha I feel like there's always something at AK I've missed or didn't even realize was available.

Sorry I probably didn't help as much as I intended, now I'm all torn for you!

Oh sorry! 2, me and my 11 year old. We're DVC and go at least once a year so anything we don't see, we'd probably catch another time. His big thing is getting to do FOP again and the new Mission Space upgrades. Yes he's one of the 5 people who like it. Other than that, we'll probably knock out Space and Big Thunder before or during the party. He really loves everything thrills. We went on ToT probably about 6 times in June. I think he really does like DHS a lot even if there's not a lot there.

Oh sorry! 2, me and my 11 year old. We're DVC and go at least once a year so anything we don't see, we'd probably catch another time. His big thing is getting to do FOP again and the new Mission Space upgrades. Yes he's one of the 5 people who like it. Other than that, we'll probably knock out Space and Big Thunder before or during the party. He really loves everything thrills. We went on ToT probably about 6 times in June. I think he really does like DHS a lot even if there's not a lot there.

No problem! I am getting lost between multiple Oct/Halloween planning threads and I keep thinking I see some of the same people but then get confused:rolleyes: So, if you're doing FoP on the first day (?) are you FP+ it? Otherwise trying at the end of the trip? I think Mission: Space is easy enough to FP+ on that first day, probably. You could also slow roll it in the morning and still make it to future world relatively early, then hop over to HS for the thrill rides. I'm with your DS on those kinds of rides ;) and <3 DHS....and hey, all the better if people want to leave it alone because there's "nothing there" :rolleyes1

No problem! I am getting lost between multiple Oct/Halloween planning threads and I keep thinking I see some of the same people but then get confused:rolleyes: So, if you're doing FoP on the first day (?) are you FP+ it? Otherwise trying at the end of the trip? I think Mission: Space is easy enough to FP+ on that first day, probably. You could also slow roll it in the morning and still make it to future world relatively early, then hop over to HS for the thrill rides. I'm with your DS on those kinds of rides ;) and <3 DHS....and hey, all the better if people want to leave it alone because there's "nothing there" :rolleyes1

Yeah that's the goal with FOP, but it's a short trip so I'm not sure we'd be able to secure FP for that first day. Perhaps I should do AK that last day for sure. That could mean we would easily be able to FP the important ones in Epcot rather than just hope it's not busy in future world Wednesday evening.

I wondered about the Monday party, too. So I looked at the calendar and there is only one Monday party scheduled in 2017. :)
That is making me wonder if that Monday may be especially busy. But since we have 2 opportunities I think we will definitely wait, watch weather, and hope DD's schedule allows us some time with her :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter