***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I am SOOOOOO happy!!!!!!
I want DH to play some golf while we are at DW - it is a chance in a lifetime to play on an Arnold Palmer designed course. We have Park Hopper plus, so it made sense for him to use that and play the 9 hole course.
Of course I totally forgot to check when reservations opened up, and missed them by about 10 days. The only time available for the 9 days at DW was a 7.10 slot one morning! Eek! I booked it, and he resigned himself to waking up at the crack, on what is supposed to be a rest day.

Today I checked back, and the exact perfect slot had opened up on my preferred day - woot!!! So booking is swapped and things are falling into place.

Now if only Monday brings the opening of the SW dessert party bookings for October, my preparation will be good to go for FP booking in 8 days time!

For the October vets-we have a choice of a MNSSHP on a Monday or Tuesday-Any thoughts on which day may be better? I'm hoping they don't sell out as may wait til last minute (like week or 2 before) to buy (first full week of October). Our schedule for other days will be dependent on my DD's schedule-as she will need to be with us in order to use her free passes (I will have an AP but my MiL and SiL will need the free passes). So doubtful will even make FP in advance. I do have an ADR at Kona cafe but that is it as far as planning LOL.

So MK should at least be open until 10 on non-party nights in October. I checked and you can get ADRs at 9:30 for Liberty Tree Tavern and a couple other restaurants in MK on 10/25 - Wednesday (no party), so park is open past 9! Hours still show 9 though.

So MK should at least be open until 10 on non-party nights in October. I checked and you can get ADRs at 9:30 for Liberty Tree Tavern and a couple other restaurants in MK on 10/25 - Wednesday (no party), so park is open past 9! Hours still show 9 though.

Quoting myself - I take that back. The night I checked is an EMH night. The other nights no reservations past 9:00. :( With July hours closing so early, I won't get my hopes up for late night MK closings.

Quoting myself - I take that back. The night I checked is an EMH night. The other nights no reservations past 9:00. :( With July hours closing so early, I won't get my hopes up for late night MK closings.

I pretty much planned accordingly so that I will be in MK for a party and on a Wednesday (EMH night) so I shouldn't notice any differences.

I do feel bad for non-party offsite people. They will really feel the pinch on short hours.

Yes we will be there for a party and then also EMH nights if we choose...those are insane. Our first night is an EMH night, so we will brave it for a bit.

Yes we will be there for a party and then also EMH nights if we choose...those are insane. Our first night is an EMH night, so we will brave it for a bit.

With the new fireworks show only showing a few times a week on nonparty nights and so many people wanting to plan their MK day for the day with the longer hours/non party it should be pretty horribly busy on all non-party nights. It was one of the main reasons that I wanted park hoppers actually- So I wouldnt be stuck in a very busy park all day just so I can see the fireworks that night. But such is life.

With the new fireworks show only showing a few times a week on nonparty nights and so many people wanting to plan their MK day for the day with the longer hours/non party it should be pretty horribly busy on all non-party nights. It was one of the main reasons that I wanted park hoppers actually- So I wouldnt be stuck in a very busy park all day just so I can see the fireworks that night. But such is life.
Its for that very reason that we booked the MK Fireworks Dessert Party - the sit down one - so we can watch the show and FW, and relax afterwards for a bit as the park clears....

Its for that very reason that we booked the MK Fireworks Dessert Party - the sit down one - so we can watch the show and FW, and relax afterwards for a bit as the park clears....

This seems like a sound plan. If I did have a 9:50 BOG ADR I might've booked one as well. It is not going to be fun trying to get off Main street with those crowds. I am thankful I wont have any little guys in a stroller. That is impossible in those
seething-mass-of-humanity types of crowds.:crowded:

Just purchased our tickets and MNSSHP pass, so now on to planning our fastpasses!

Side note - currently debating between Jiko, Citricos, and California Grill as a dinner for my birthday. Managed to snag a California Grill reservation, and there's plenty of availability at the other two, Any recommendations/thoughts as to which I should look at based on your experiences?

Last edited:
This seems like a sound plan. If I did have a 9:50 BOG ADR I might've booked one as well. It is not going to be fun trying to get off Main street with those crowds. I am thankful I wont have any little guys in a stroller. That is impossible in those
seething-mass-of-humanity types of crowds.:crowded:
Yes, I hear you...we may even try to book a Minnie Van for return to our resort that night...seems like it just might be a good investment rather than waiting 30-45 minutes in line for a bus.

Just purchased our tickets and MNSSHP pass, so now on to planning our fast pass plans!

Side note - currently debating between Jiko, Citricos, and California Grill as a dinner for my birthday. Managed to snag a California Grill reservation, and there's plenty of availability at the other two, Any recommendations/thoughts as to which I should look at based on your experiences?
We've eaten at CG twice - both times have been excellent. And if you can snag a resv for around the time of the MK fireworks all the better! They play the music up in the restaurant, and the servers will time your dinner so that you can watch. If you can't get a ADR for the FW timing, they let you return to their outside balcony to view FW. It's pretty cool to see the fireworks over the whole MK park!! And oh, yeah...the food was worth the price!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!