***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

So MK should at least be open until 10 on non-party nights in October. I checked and you can get ADRs at 9:30 for Liberty Tree Tavern and a couple other restaurants in MK on 10/25 - Wednesday (no party), so park is open past 9! Hours still show 9 though.
I think * 10/25 is night time EMH at MK, that's my plan so I can see not-wishes :cool2: ...

I'm really hoping they change those hours to 10p.m. We don't do all day at the parks. We usually spend the first day at the pool then go to the parks around 4p.m unless it's AK or HS. We go to a park everyday but if MK closes at 9p.m. then that doesn't give us a lot of time.

And for those of you going to Halloween party for the 1st time you're going to LOVE it!!!we plan our trip around this party and Food & Wine. Such a great time for everyone!!!

New poster here! We have our trip booked from Oct 7th-14th. A group of 13 including kids the age of 2,3,5 and 7. We are in the process of trying to figure out what park we are going to on what days. We have been to Disney a number of times but haven't been on a full week vacation since 2007.

I'm finding it a little overwhelming the way things have changed to needing a reservation for everything. We are trying to prepare as fastpasses will be available soon. Thanks for all the helpful info and looking forward to continue following.

My plan is to arrive in Orlando Sun 10/22 mid-morning, hit up the character warehouse(s), then check in at ASMu. I'm THINKING** Jungle Cruise Skipper as a costume, and hit up Trader Sam's for drinks..park by 4pm. Here's my tricky part, originally I thought there's no way I'd spend my "free" park hours (4-7) at an ADR, but now I'm thinking the Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen (Love how it's essentially the longest name ever) for an app and dessert! I feel like it might be a fun opportunity to stop at both restaurants and ride the ride in costume (especially w/ the ride closed during the party, I think)...thoughts? :)

*side note, I'm planning for 2 day PH and potentially the party on Tues 10/24 and flying back home Thursday; Sunday and most of Monday with a friend and solo the rest if nobody else can come along. I'd be leaving my husband with our 5 mouseketeers at home. I swear he's okay with it.

For those of you who have been to DW recently, how effective is getting there for the rope drop? Can you get 3-4 attractions with minimal wait in the first couple of hours?

Also, which attractions are the most important to get a Fastpass for? Is there a good link that goes into what the best rides are to fastpass at each park? Thanks in advance!

I'm a little concerned seeing people wanting to avoid the parks on EMH nights. :eek: I have basically all of my plans relying on being in those parks for those days. Granted, the last time I went to Disney I was 15 and it was November 2008, so a lot may have changed since then. :laughing: Are y'all just referencing the mad house of trying to escape the parks when it comes time to leave? :scratchin

Borderline freaking out right now....:confused:

Also, which attractions are the most important to get a Fastpass for?
One thing to remember, on any of the "hard to get FP" work backwards. Like if you're doing M-F and need FoP, look for Friday's availability first, if that's something you can do with your schedule. There are always people who have an overlapping window to yours, say they're booking Sun-Fri, and thus their window opened earlier. Also, even if you don't get exactly what you were hoping for, keep looking at MDE, you can try to swap things around. Similar to ADRs, people drop/change things at certain points. At 60 days out, sometimes ADRs open to allow for FP+ that might seem more important; at 45/30 days out, people cancel. Remember too once you've tapped into your last FP+ for the day, you can add another (one at a time per person) from MDE app. I'd speculate that hard to get FP will be 7DMT, Space Mtn (usually), Peter Pan; ToT/RnR/TSMM, Star Tours (but remember tier system at DHS and EPCOT); FoP, EE, NRJ, K.Safaris, RoL show; Soarin/Frozen Ever After/TT, Mission: Space

I hope that made sense

I'm a little concerned seeing people wanting to avoid the parks on EMH nights. :eek: I have basically all of my plans relying on being in those parks for those days

I've heard PM EMH are nutso. I was at WDW in April and we did the nighttime EMH at MK (but those were midnight-2a) and it was busy but not terrible at that point. One day I used a total of 13 FP+ so if you're on your game you can really make it worthwhile. Either way, it's fun to see things at night that you don't always notice, and enjoy being there. If you're planning it that way anyway, enjoy your sleeping/swimming etc and then just PLAN that your time in the parks is late! :)

I'm a little concerned seeing people wanting to avoid the parks on EMH nights. :eek: I have basically all of my plans relying on being in those parks for those days. Granted, the last time I went to Disney I was 15 and it was November 2008, so a lot may have changed since then. :laughing: Are y'all just referencing the mad house of trying to escape the parks when it comes time to leave? :scratchin

Borderline freaking out right now....:confused:

It's...packed. This was in October 2014. But as long as you have a plan of attack, utilize rope drop or use fast passes wisely, have some breaks, you will be fine! The thing is everyone packs in those nights to see HEA and take advantage of later hours because MK is closed so much during this time for parties.

I know how packed it is and we plan to hit MK on an EMH night and a Saturday night because it's still fun! :)

New poster here! We have our trip booked from Oct 7th-14th. A group of 13 including kids the age of 2,3,5 and 7. We are in the process of trying to figure out what park we are going to on what days. We have been to Disney a number of times but haven't been on a full week vacation since 2007.

I'm finding it a little overwhelming the way things have changed to needing a reservation for everything. We are trying to prepare as fastpasses will be available soon. Thanks for all the helpful info and looking forward to continue following.

Hi there! Welcome! :welcome:

We are a friendly group here, so ask questions and join in the fun! :yay:

My plan is to arrive in Orlando Sun 10/22 mid-morning, hit up the character warehouse(s), then check in at ASMu. I'm THINKING** Jungle Cruise Skipper as a costume, and hit up Trader Sam's for drinks..park by 4pm. Here's my tricky part, originally I thought there's no way I'd spend my "free" park hours (4-7) at an ADR, but now I'm thinking the Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen (Love how it's essentially the longest name ever) for an app and dessert! I feel like it might be a fun opportunity to stop at both restaurants and ride the ride in costume (especially w/ the ride closed during the party, I think)...thoughts? :)

*side note, I'm planning for 2 day PH and potentially the party on Tues 10/24 and flying back home Thursday; Sunday and most of Monday with a friend and solo the rest if nobody else can come along. I'd be leaving my husband with our 5 mouseketeers at home. I swear he's okay with it.
Yes, JC is closed during MNSSHP so the restaurant would be an excellent opportunity for some great pics (love the costume idea!). We love the food there, too! Unless there are any rare characters that you planned to line up for at 4, I think the pre-party park time is perfect for an ADR.

PS - Trader Sam's doesn't open until 4, so you won't be able to enjoy a drink on your party night if you want to be at MK at 4.

Yes, JC is closed during MNSSHP so the restaurant would be an excellent opportunity for some great pics (love the costume idea!). We love the food there, too! Unless there are any rare characters that you planned to line up for at 4, I think the pre-party park time is perfect for an ADR.

PS - Trader Sam's doesn't open until 4, so you won't be able to enjoy a drink on your party night if you want to be at MK at 4.
Oh my gosh how did I miss that detail?!?!?! Shoot! I appreciate it though. I think trader Sam's has to be put on the back burner again

Just purchased our tickets and MNSSHP pass, so now on to planning our fastpasses!

Side note - currently debating between Jiko, Citricos, and California Grill as a dinner for my birthday. Managed to snag a California Grill reservation, and there's plenty of availability at the other two, Any recommendations/thoughts as to which I should look at based on your experiences?

We love Jiko, it was our best meal at WDW last year. We had also eaten at the the California Grill. Jiko was the one restaurant my DH asked to go back to when we take a long weekend trip in December.

Please add me to the group! We are going Oct 18-24. Staying Oct 18-23 at the Swan, and doing the last night at the Contemporary.

I missed our double-digit day, so doing it now! :cool1::banana::dancer::dance3:

I'm pondering Fast Passes now too. This is the first time we've been to WDW since the new system started! Is it likely to be impossible to get a Space Mountain Fast Pass for our first day? DS2 is finally tall enough and he's so excited to do it. But we won't be there until the afternoon and it's a party night (and we have an ADR) so it's a very limited window.

I missed our double-digit day, so doing it now! :cool1::banana::dancer::dance3:

I'm pondering Fast Passes now too. This is the first time we've been to WDW since the new system started! Is it likely to be impossible to get a Space Mountain Fast Pass for our first day? DS2 is finally tall enough and he's so excited to do it. But we won't be there until the afternoon and it's a party night (and we have an ADR) so it's a very limited window.

Woohoo for double digits! You shouldn't have any trouble getting a Space Mtn. Fastpass for the first day. (I hope something crazy doesn't happen and those words come back to haunt me, but it shouldn't be an issue :-):-))

Woohoo for double digits! You shouldn't have any trouble getting a Space Mtn. Fastpass for the first day. (I hope something crazy doesn't happen and those words come back to haunt me, but it shouldn't be an issue :-):-))
Thanks! I didn't think so, but I'm all nervy about these Fastpasses. It's an interesting process plotting them out for my family.

As long as I get him on there at some point, he'll be thrilled.

I missed our double-digit day, so doing it now!

I think you're looking at a pretty safe bet. One can usually book at FP for space mountain a few days out, not the best times, but it can be done. Even up until the day of and day before, people are constantly changing. For example, in June we decided to have one more morning at MK instead of rushing over to Universal. So I booked 3 fastpasses a few days out. The only time for Space Mountain was at like 3pm. That morning I found one for 11 am and swapped it.

Are fast passes for Frozen still really hard to get?

I'm thinking when my 60 day window opens I'm going to focus on Frozen later in the week, Avatar 2nd, then 7dmt, lastly toy story... then fill in the rest of the week.

posted in Halloween thread but would love all of your opinion....

Okay go with me on this....we gave up on costumes for the party. But Disney bounding is much easier...
I said before my hair is dark brown and curly with awesome natural gray streaks that are really noticeable when I wear it down. Soo....my dress I already planned on wearing, hair loose and curly, dark lipstick, find a little green lantern.

2766672.jpg 0df852ce4d5601f81e18e4f4b1e9974e.jpg disney-villains-mother-gothel-rapunzel.jpg

And I thought Micky could just wear a t-shirt that says "I'm Malicious, Mean and Scary"!!! Would anyone get it? I would have to get the t-shirt made, but that's not hard. Can just get a brown one, close to the color of the character's outfit.

thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter