***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

ugh. I get so tired of the doom and gloom about going in October.

Yes, it's more crowded than it used to be. But my god, it's not that bad! There's about a week and a half that is more crowded than most days, otherwise it's still a great time to go. If you expect crowds on non-party MK nights and food/wine Friday/Saturday night, then you are good to go. We went third week in October 2014 (which everyone said was so crowded), it was awesome!

I just feel bad because people keep repeating it and I read newcomers that are getting very upset, one person was considering cancelling their trip! Yes, they don't need discounts, but that's because resorts are filled. But day trippers, Florida residents are less during that month, so while hotels are full, parks aren't as bad.

Anyways, I just hope you all are looking forward to your trips and aren't feeling nervous. This should be a fun time for us! :)

I like to help people get excited, not dampen spirits!

Also, I'm not used to other people coming with the two of us to Disney. 3 of my siblings are coming with, meeting us later in the trip. I'm planning for all of us. We aren't used to travelling with each other and I'm nervous about if they will have fun. Micky and I are so easy going and it's hard for me to pin down plans for everyone. And they don't really understand the needs for making fast passes, etc., as they've not done this before.

Just feeling a bit down today, but I will be better tomorrow!
:)

Last edited:
Welcome to @Corbie!!! You are the only person on the list arriving on 10/19. Check-in should be a breeze! ;)

I wish, but our DW check-in is on the 27th. We're staying offsite for the first part of our trip. :)

ETA: We're not worried about crowds (though less time at MK on party days bummed us out). I figure it's better than summer. We're looking forward to Food & Wine, so willing to deal with the people there. Made all our ADRs and had no trouble.

Coming from NZ, and both DH and I being teachers, we are limited to when our school holidays fall. Our big ones are over Xmas, and that wasn't as appealing as an Ocober holiday, so needs must, October it is. I figure we won't know anything else, crowds wise, it is always going to be busy for us compared to anything at home!

Yes, it's more crowded than it used to be. But my god, it's not that bad! There's about a week and a half that is more crowded than most days, otherwise it's still a great time to go. If you expect crowds on non-party MK nights and food/wine Friday/Saturday night, then you are good to go. We went third week in October 2014 (which everyone said was so crowded), it was awesome!

I just feel bad because people keep repeating it and I read newcomers that are getting very upset, one person was considering cancelling their trip! Yes, they don't need discounts, but that's because resorts are filled. But day trippers, Florida residents are less during that month, so while hotels are full, parks aren't as bad.

Anyways, I just hope you all are looking forward to your trips and aren't feeling nervous. This should be a fun time for us! :)

I like to help people get excited, not dampen spirits!

Also, I'm not used to other people coming with the two of us to Disney. 3 of my siblings are coming with, meeting us later in the trip. I'm planning for all of us. We aren't used to travelling with each other and I'm nervous about if they will have fun. Micky and I are so easy going and it's hard for me to pin down plans for everyone. And they don't really understand the needs for making fast passes, etc., as they've not done this before.

Just feeling a bit down today, but I will be better tomorrow!

:flower3: Hope you're feeling better today.

Just saw that someone else posted, but snagged my RoL lunch package! Wasn't sure what time to go for since I've heard FoP FP's in the morning are hard to come by, so did 12:45 to hopefully be on the safe side if we can only get a 12-1 FP slot. So happy to have this out of the way, now waiting on EMM....although with MNSSHP tickets to buy as well not sure if we're really gonna spring for it. If DS 1 was the kind of kid to want to ride SDMT over and over I would say definitely, but I can also see him deciding one ride is enough and demanding endless rides on Pooh instead.

This may be a dumb question but is there any reason to have a normal Tusker House reservation instead of a ROL package?

This may be a dumb question but is there any reason to have a normal Tusker House reservation instead of a ROL package?
There are not dumb questions! Regular Tusker House ADRs are cheaper (about $10 per person) and eligible for AP, DVC, TiW, etc discounts. There is also more flexibility in the time of your ADR when it is not in a show package. Some people may also want to dine at Tusker House without seeting RoL.

There are not dumb questions! Regular Tusker House ADRs are cheaper (about $10 per person) and eligible for AP, DVC, TiW, etc discounts. There is also more flexibility in the time of your ADR when it is not in a show package. Some people may also want to dine at Tusker House without seeing RoL.

With Disney dining meal plan perspective though, it wouldn't matter? I have Tusker House booked for lunch, would like to see ROL, so makes sense to change it to that at roughly the same time. Could do the same for Fantasmic and Hollywood & Vine.

With Disney dining meal plan perspective though, it wouldn't matter? I have Tusker House booked for lunch, would like to see ROL, so makes sense to change it to that at roughly the same time. Could do the same for Fantasmic and Hollywood & Vine.
Nope, in your case it would just be a higher total to tip on at the end of the meal. Both Tusker House and H&V are only one dining credit on the packages. Tiffins and Hollywood Brown Derby would be two since they're signature meals.

Nope, in your case it would just be a higher total to tip on at the end of the meal. Both Tusker House and H&V are only one dining credit on the packages. Tiffins and Hollywood Brown Derby would be two since they're signature meals.

In the case of HBD, getting the package increased the value we got out of our credits as an appetizer was included, where it wouldn't be under regular 2-credit usage for a signature unless you are on the Deluxe plan. I haven't crunched the numbers yet to decide if we are getting the DDP this time, but if we do I don't think I will use it for Tiffin's because the credits will probably be more valuable for two non-signature table service meals. I would use it at Tusker House for sure.

October RoL dining packages are now bookable!
Looks like 10/5 is our AK day, and we get to finish it off with RoL! I was able to get an earlier adr for dinner, so I am getting excited for October!!!

Last edited:
Getting prepped for a trip out to DLR for 4 nights at VGC at the end of July. As our family is in CA, it is a multi-faceted trip. Looking forward to seeing the new GofG ride, and found out Fantasmic! will be starting back up when we are out there. It is all coming together :lovestruc

Trying to not go overboard with ADR's on our WDW trip, as we only planned on getting the QS DDP, as it works fabulous for F&W.

I also got my ROL ADR!

One mans definition of crowded is definitely another persons "meh-not-so-bad" so all prophetic lamentations of doom and gloom should be taken with a grain of salt.

Last October I was in DLR 10/2-10/8 and I had a great trip-were there crowds?Sure, but nothing that bad and there were also mornings that were very light and a lot could get done. We had a blast at our party. Where there congested spots at the bottle neck areas-sure but some of the best rides were literally walk on and we walked up and got a front row spot (not on Main Street though) for the second parade right as it was starting.

Then we got home and saw what people were posting and we heard back from people we knew that had been there some of the same days that we had. People acted like it was 10+ unbearable crowd levels and the party was so over crowded that it was a waste of money....um were we at the same Disneyland?

You go with a good touring plan, you have a back up plan for if an area/land/attraction is crowded, you plan to get out of the parks during the afternoons when crowding is at its worst. THEN YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter