***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I just extended the December trip by a day. Thought I was going to get some sort of push back or eye roll from DH, but he just said "Okay!"

I wish the F&W events would be released, that is the entire reason we are going and our plans will revolve around those events. So I am stuck in a holding pattern staring at my planning spreadsheet getting annoyed. :scared:
The waiting game... :rolleyes1

Hopefully things are released sooner than later! I know I will probably drop an ADR or two and move some things around if there are any sessions or demonstrations that peak my interest

Is there a military thread going somewhere? I did want my fellow Dissers to know about Allegiant Airlines Honor Program. It's for active, retired, spouses, etc. With a valid ID to be verified in person at the airport, the military card holder gets three free checked bags, one free carry-on, free choice of seat on the plane, free printed boarding pass at the airport, AND (best part) one FREE pet in the cabin! Link is here: https://www.allegiantair.com/military-discount
Allegiant flies into Orlando/Sanford and there is a shuttle to Disney resorts that costs $75.00 roundtrip, per person. Allegiant only flies on certain days, though.

Anyone had any luck booking ROL dining package for October? The dates seemed to be released today but for every day and time I've selected it says no tables available. Can they really all be gone already?

Since they haven't changed October AK park hours from 7:00 PM yet and they haven't scheduled ROL time yet, they probably haven't released dining package reservations. I have to think that they will extend the park hours a bit anyway....

That makes sense. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for those updates to open the ROL dining packages.

Anyone had any luck booking ROL dining package for October? The dates seemed to be released today but for every day and time I've selected it says no tables available. Can they really all be gone already?

I noticed the same thing.... I was so excited when the dates showed as available! :worried:

Has anyone heard anything about Early Morning Magic being offered in October? We went in December and it was, so I didn't think party months would impact it being offered.
We're also wanting to do the Star Wars dessert party but no dates!

Historically are they offered?

Greetings fellow Octoberites! I have one more week of school ( the never-ending school year!) and then I will get into super planning mode. The only ADRs I have are Beaches and Cream on arrival day, and then one dinner at Yak and Yeti ( which I think I can probably change if I need to without too much trouble) and BoG dinner on our last night. There are 4 party nights during our week which affects our usual touring style. ( late start, late stays) We haven't done rope drop in years. I haven't decided between the Tues. 17th party or the 19th. The problem there is that Tuesday is pm EMH at Epcot... Not knowing AK hours/EMH is adding to my hesitation to commit, plan my FPs and buy party tickets!
Do I have to worry about waiting until last minute (so I can check weather forecast) to buy party tix for either of those dates?
Is anyone else having a hard time planning? There are so many new things that I want to include! Pandora, F&W, MNSSHP, Happily Ever After, Trader Sam's, new Soarin', FEA, Ample Hills, Belle Vue and Abracadabar, RoL, and possible nighttime show at HS. Our summer trips are usually 8-10 days and this one is 7. We may skip Disney Springs altogether so we can have some relaxing time at the Boardwalk. (which is also new for us!)
Sorry for the long vent. I usually don't have this much trouble seeing how it will all fit. Thanks for reading!

Hey @Kindermouse! How are things? Good news hopefully?

Well my landlord is definitely selling but, after agonizing over the trip, looking critically and very creatively at my budget and with the help of my travel agent I have found a way to keep my trip-albeit with some changes.

The trip will be a mega budget trip. I can still have money to move if I don't spend any of my summer school teaching salary on my trip and put it towards moving instead. I will admit that it has felt harder to get up and go to work this summer and get hit and bit and spit on when the money is just a means to an end rather than opening up magic options and frills at Mickeys house but...it beats the alternative.

I will now be staying at Pop and I won't have a park hopper. I also may not be attending the Halloween party-I am trying to keep that option on the table and I'm hoping my party night doesn't sell out...we will have to see. But I am still going and I just have to keep telling myself that I can still have a great trip, even if it isn't the one I originally set my heart on.

Well my landlord is definitely selling but, after agonizing over the trip, looking critically and very creatively at my budget and with the help of my travel agent I have found a way to keep my trip-albeit with some changes.

The trip will be a mega budget trip. I can still have money to move if I don't spend any of my summer school teaching salary on my trip and put it towards moving instead. I will admit that it has felt harder to get up and go to work this summer and get hit and bit and spit on when the money is just a means to an end rather than opening up magic options and frills at Mickeys house but...it beats the alternative.

I will now be staying at Pop and I won't have a park hopper. I also may not be attending the Halloween party-I am trying to keep that option on the table and I'm hoping my party night doesn't sell out...we will have to see. But I am still going and I just have to keep telling myself that I can still have a great trip, even if it isn't the one I originally set my heart on.

I'm glad to see you posting again and this news albeit not really up to what you were hoping for is something you deserve. Welcome back Kindermouse! :hug: So how many are traveling with you?

I'm glad to see you posting again and this news albeit not really up to what you were hoping for is something you deserve. Welcome back Kindermouse! :hug: So how many are traveling with you?

Just me an my 14 year old DS. He is just starting to get excited about the trip since it doesn't feel like it is too far away to be real now.

I just keep telling myself that tight budget Disney is better than no Disney. Now that my trip is for sure back on I can get back in Dis stalking :surfweb: and crazy planning/re-planning mode :coffee:. I was too pouty to hear about other people's trips when my own might be disappearing but now that has past. Now I need to tweak my touring plans since I won't be park hopping but I can get waist deep in anxious anticipation again.:thumbsup2

Greetings fellow Octoberites! I have one more week of school ( the never-ending school year!) and then I will get into super planning mode. The only ADRs I have are Beaches and Cream on arrival day, and then one dinner at Yak and Yeti ( which I think I can probably change if I need to without too much trouble) and BoG dinner on our last night. There are 4 party nights during our week which affects our usual touring style. ( late start, late stays) We haven't done rope drop in years. I haven't decided between the Tues. 17th party or the 19th. The problem there is that Tuesday is pm EMH at Epcot... Not knowing AK hours/EMH is adding to my hesitation to commit, plan my FPs and buy party tickets!
Do I have to worry about waiting until last minute (so I can check weather forecast) to buy party tix for either of those dates?
Is anyone else having a hard time planning? There are so many new things that I want to include! Pandora, F&W, MNSSHP, Happily Ever After, Trader Sam's, new Soarin', FEA, Ample Hills, Belle Vue and Abracadabar, RoL, and possible nighttime show at HS. Our summer trips are usually 8-10 days and this one is 7. We may skip Disney Springs altogether so we can have some relaxing time at the Boardwalk. (which is also new for us!)
Sorry for the long vent. I usually don't have this much trouble seeing how it will all fit. Thanks for reading!

Most definitely! Looks like we will only be doing one day at AK and will be skipping ROL this trip since it doesn't appear to be happening that one night. Also means I have to decide between FoP and NRJ. Lots of evening events this coming trip with the exception of F&W. Between MNSSHP, SWGS (which I yet to see), HEA & OUAT, the Halloween festivities on Halloween night, a little F&W, the ADRs I want to do, and the new FEA Dessert Party, there is just no time to do everything.

Hey, everyone! My husband and grown daughter are making our first trip to WDW and Orlando from Oct. 19-30th. We're staying at Port Orleans-Riverside from 10/27-30 and offsite the rest of the time. We want to try both on- and off-site to decide which we enjoy more. DH grew up in Florida, but it's been 40 years since he's been back. I went to DL a couple of times as a kid, but that's it. Poor DD has never been!

We'll also be hitting Universal, Space Center, Discovery Cove and Sea World and a couple of other attractions as the mood takes us.

DD recently graduated uni with a B.S. in Horticulture. Plan on booking Behind the Seeds. Any other suggestions for someone who is into plants (though I suspect she wants to breed triffids and take over the world--shhhh) let me know!

. Also means I have to decide between FoP and NRJ. .
From what I am seeing, there is potentially same day FP for NRJ, but you won't get anything for FOP. Obviously depends on luck on the day, but I know that if we only had the one day, I would be FP FOP and trying either SDFP or standby later in the day for NRJ.

Most definitely! Looks like we will only be doing one day at AK and will be skipping ROL this trip since it doesn't appear to be happening that one night. Also means I have to decide between FoP and NRJ. Lots of evening events this coming trip with the exception of F&W. Between MNSSHP, SWGS (which I yet to see), HEA & OUAT, the Halloween festivities on Halloween night, a little F&W, the ADRs I want to do, and the new FEA Dessert Party, there is just no time to do everything.

I haven't seen any hours or info on showtimes for AK for October, have you?

I haven't seen any hours or info on showtimes for AK for October, have you?

Not much only that right now the latest hours for one night during our stay is 7:30. Extremely frustrating particularly since most everything else is made so far in advance.

From what I am seeing, there is potentially same day FP for NRJ, but you won't get anything for FOP. Obviously depends on luck on the day, but I know that if we only had the one day, I would be FP FOP and trying either SDFP or standby later in the day for NRJ.

I'm considering just doing NRJ. Don't want to waste FP on a ride that DH may not be able to do. Not riding FoP will by no means ruin my trip. Maybe I'll just do it next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter