• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I have used the SWA gift cards a couple of times, but like you, I don't really like to use them. We discovered that the Coin machine at the grocery store will issue a gift card for the full value of the coins you put in the machine instead of charging 8% to cash in your coins for dollars. So we collect our coins and once we get more than $100 worth we turn it into a SWA gift card. But you have to keep track of the gift card number in case a travel credit gets applied to it.
That is great to know! I use TD Bank, but after that issue with machines cheating, my coins have just built up! I will have to redeem for SW, but keep the card!

Count me in! My Mom is taking me to Disney World to celebrate my graduation from the University of Kansas. I actually graduated in December 2016. I thought this would be a good time of year to come down but I'm now slightly nervous due to the crowd predictions. Super excited to find the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival will be going & Taylor Dane will be there to perform, although we were hoping for Gloria Estefan. LOL

So our dates are Oct. 11-Otc. 17, staying at AS Sports. First choice was POP Century (we love that resort) but it was booked for military rates. We'll keep checking for POP though. :)

Anywho, we're going to the Halloween party on the 12th & super-duper excited for that! Especially the Boo to You parade.

I'm generally a lurker but I haven't even done that for a while, really. But I love my Dis Peeps & cheers to low crowds, cool weather, and a Happy Disney Halloween!

No news to report, it's stiflingly hot here in Chicago and it's Monday.

Let's look at my fish tank and relax....aaahhh.....

19143373_1998687700366042_6815372613892673520_o.jpg

No news to report, it's stiflingly hot here in Chicago and it's Monday.

Let's look at my fish tank and relax....aaahhh.....

You can blame me, I brought the heat home from Orlando!

Back to the real world today, counting down to the next trip, only 100ish days to go ;)

Thanks! :) Added the link to first post.
There's a lot of discussion outside of this thread on whether or not this dessert party will include a reserved viewing space for the Boo-Too-You Parade as in past years. It is missing from the list so we are unsure if its really gone or if its a hiccup like the attractions for the party a few weeks back. I sent an e-mail to guest relations inquiring and I know others have called an are waiting for a response. Hopefully we hear good news!

Hallowishes and Holiday Dessert Parties now open for reservations - hopefully, that means that the regular MK Fireworks dessert parties will open for Oct/Nov/Dec soon, also!
http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mick...-open-for-happy-hallowishes-dessert-party.htm

I saw the dates for the Fireworks Dessert parties for October on the Disney website but got no availability when I tried to book so I assumed they were all booked up already. Is that not the case? I just thought because of MNSSHP and the fewer dates they were all booked.

I saw the dates for the Fireworks Dessert parties for October on the Disney website but got no availability when I tried to book so I assumed they were all booked up already. Is that not the case? I just thought because of MNSSHP and the fewer dates they were all booked.
I found availability for the last week in September, and have been checking October for quite awhile. Even though the dates were highlighted, I'm thinking that they were waiting for the party nights to open before opening the non-party nights...could be wrong, but they shouldn't ALL be booked up yet....

does anyone on this thread have an ADR for a non-party Fireworks dessert party at MK for Oct or Nov?

Hot here in NoVA also! I brought my fan mister that I use at WDW to school today and all the kids were asking to be spritzed during recess.
So, over on the BW thread people are saying they have gotten construction emails for September and October trips. I don't mind if it's touch-ups around the resort, which seem to be taking forever, but I am concerned that it might have to do with the new gondolas. Anyone hear anything?
Thanks, Farro, for the reminder to check F&W on p. 1!! Thanks for keeping us current.

Hot here in NoVA also! I brought my fan mister that I use at WDW to school today and all the kids were asking to be spritzed during recess.
So, over on the BW thread people are saying they have gotten construction emails for September and October trips. I don't mind if it's touch-ups around the resort, which seem to be taking forever, but I am concerned that it might have to do with the new gondolas. Anyone hear anything?
Thanks, Farro, for the reminder to check F&W on p. 1!! Thanks for keeping us current.

I haven't received anything yet. As a matter of fact, I received 2 last year but never had an issue. One was from WL of course and construction was right outside my window and I never had an issue with noise there.

I did read on another site that supposedly Gondola construction had started, but no one seemed to be able to verify it. Not at BW though.

And you are welcome for keeping you guys current, I enjoy planning with you all! :)

This trip is starting to get real. Got my first Disney Mail and then I got my Magical Express mail. I was surprised they sent it already, but thats okay I will keep it safe till we travel.

I'm getting ready to take off next week on a summer road trip. Me and the 2 kids will be driving from Arkansas to Montreal and back. We will be spending about 3 weeks up there with my family. I hope I don't miss the ROL dining package release when I'm on the road. I'm taking my laptop so I can continue to plan even while I'm gone.

Once again with the old switcheroo, I was playing with the DVC availability and found 2 nights at Boulder Ridge. So I grabbed them! Sad to not be at Kidani but I want to stay there for more than 2 nights anyway. I had to borrow 5 points from next year but no worries. I think maybe I should stop fiddling with my reservations now. One of these days I'll buy my halloween party tickets. It still feels like forever until FP day!

It could happen! I find the SW prices can randomly drop because people are switching things all the time! We still have a lot of time to look!

I just extended the December trip by a day. Thought I was going to get some sort of push back or eye roll from DH, but he just said "Okay!"

I wish the F&W events would be released, that is the entire reason we are going and our plans will revolve around those events. So I am stuck in a holding pattern staring at my planning spreadsheet getting annoyed. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter