We got to HS this morning around 9:30, 1.5 hrs after opening. ROTR had a posted 5 min standby line, which is absolutely crazy. Crowds were very light and we got through everything we wanted to do (ROTR, MFSR, MMRR & TSMM) by noon.
This gives me hope for my "pack it all into four days" plan around Labor Day! We'll trade off the heat for the (hopefully) low low crowds.

Just looking at wait times and they're crazy low for July 4th! Nice for all who are there!

Genie+ is also 'only' $29 today which supports crowds are down.

Are we starting to see the end of the WDW travel demand? As one headed there in 7 weeks, this would make me very happy! :)
I wonder how much the heat plays into this? According to the local Orlando news, this is the hottest 4th of July in 25 years. I am guessing that has kept some local APs at home today.

Whew. We are sorta locals and this heat is really unusual and unbearable (broke some records in several cities!).

We booked a last minute stay at BC for the pool - we are blocked from the parks. The pools were slammed, understandably, and I heard a family nearby saying they had no intention on heading back to the parks in the heat. My guess is lots of folks threw in the towel and stayed partially submerged instead of hitting the parks like they might have planned.

I did look longingly at the low wait times and almost wish we could have gone in but it's just absolutely miserable, and we go all the time. No need to subject ourselves to it. Hopefully it returns to normal levels - we can tolerate those for longer periods of time.

In addition to some pass holders being blocked, the 4-park magic ticket also doesn’t work for the holiday. The only reason we are going to Disney this year is because of that promotion, ticket prices are out of control. I paid $100 more (party of 5) for the 4-park ticket than I paid for a 7-day ticket 3 years ago. I hope the lower attendance trend continues, will be there in 3 weeks.

We’re here now, and there were certainly plenty of long lines at HS today, despite the heat. It didn’t really feel that crowded though in terms of number of people, but lines built up quickly by mid morning. We had to leave around 2, so I got Genie+ to make the most of today. Ended up only getting 2 LL, however; Slinky and RRC.

Overall, we managed to do 5 rides between 8 and 2: MFSR, MMRR, ST, SDD, RRC. MMRR was down first thing in the morning, and ROTR seemed down frequently with 90 minute lines when open. RRC was at 100 minutes standby when we tapped into our LL shortly after 1 pm. We also had reservations at Oga’s and 50’s Prime which were a nice break from the heat.

Disney Springs was packed tonight.

Howdy!

We are back from a fantastic 8-night stay. I've been staying off Disboards and all other WDW sites until now as the Disney blues were hitting hard for the past week. I know we'll be back soon-ish, but it still hurts each time leaving "home". Here a few notes and observations over our stay:

- I LOVE Coronado Springs. 2nd time staying and recommend Casitas building #4 or 5 strongly! 4-5 minute walk to the main pool and to the tower, food court, drink stations, etc. The morning walk across the bridge with the subtle music is lovely. It's also only a 3 minute walk to bus stop #2, which is the first pick up going to the parks and the first drop off back from the parks.

- The unfortunate family of four (including two little ones) standing right in front of us for the Happily Ever After fireworks, had two massive things of ice cream. About 20 minutes before the fireworks (and only 5 minutes after we arrived), the one kid got sick and threw up all over the ground. Felt bad for them but I've never been so happy to experience such a thing. It gave us a 10 foot buffer zone, in the hub, where no one could stand. DD9 had a beautiful view of Cinderella Castle and all the projections without me having to hold her up at eye level. It was glorious.

- Bus transportation was great to the parks, DS and to the resorts.

- Having the International cast member program back takes Epcot to another level. That aspect was missing from our last time at EP.

- Cast members in general were great! Many good interactions. Bathrooms and garbage cans were maintained well.

- The vegan options at Flower and Garden were very good. I appreciate the creativity involved in some of the dishes. Vegan options throughout the rest of WDW were solid as well. The vegan Totchos at Woody's Lunch Box and tofu bowl at Satuli Canteen continue to be a must-eat each trip.

- A trip to WDW is not complete for DD15 and DD9 without going to Sci Fi. We unfortunately were seated at one of the tables, not cars, near the back of the restaurant and that took away some of the fun. Still, we love this place despite many other good dining options at HS.

- Visiting Galaxy's Edge with a total Star Wars nerd was a ton of fun. My brother was there for the first time and he couldn't believe how much better in person it was than pictures and videos. Worth every $ for him to build a lightsaber. Being in his early 30's, he was hesitant to bust out the lightsaber and take photos at dark in front of the Millennium Falcon. As those of us who have visited a number of times know, WDW is a place where you can let your "nerd" out and not a soul will care. That's something I hope others realize. WDW is a place where you can be exactly who you are and who you want to be. He eventually had an awesome photo session with a passionate Photopasss cast member. Amazing time.

- The cast compliment feature on the MDE app is convenient. I hope it provides the same benefits to the cast members as #CastCompliment on Twitter.

- Mobile pick up is the way to go.

- Animal Kingdom needs to be open until 9pm. 7pm is ridiculous.

- Modesty aside, I crushed it for our group of 7 with Genie+. I was worried about return times, availability, etc. MODIFY, REFRESH, repeat! We used it at MK, HS and AK.

- Golden ticket...if you know, you know. Wow.

- I was really excited for Remy as it was our first time...I had my eyes closed for 80% of the attraction and don't plan on going on it again. I can handle Soarin and FOP just fine but Remy nearly sent me to the nearest garbage can. Bummer.

- My Dad did the Tron action figure with his face and voice. That thing is pretty awesome. It does take some time to do it and for it to be processed. Something to prepare for.

- We've gone three times in August over the past 6 years and I think this June trip was on par or hotter than those trips. So many people had the wearable fans around their necks. We did many shows to get AC and also used cooling towels. Those work well. With spreading out how much consecutive time you spend in the sun, it can work just fine.

- I can't not get emotional with the blue bird at Festival of the Lion King. Stunning.

- Frozen Sing Along continues to be the most entertaining show at WDW. I'll die on that hill.

See ya real soon.

Last edited:
- The unfortunate family of four (including two little ones) standing right in front of us for the Happily Ever After fireworks, had two massive things of ice cream. About 20 minutes before the fireworks (and only 5 minutes after we arrived), the one kid got sick and threw up all over the ground. Felt bad for them but I've never been so happy to experience such a thing. It gave us a 10 foot buffer zone, in the hub, where no one could stand. DD9 had a beautiful view of Cinderella Castle and all the projections without me having to hold her up at eye level.
poor family but yay ya'll! They'll recover and both moments will forever be remembered for both families lol! The post trip blues are real and I totally get it. Thank you for all your trip feedback, sounds like you had a great time!

Howdy!

We are back from a fantastic 8-night stay. I've been staying off Disboards and all other WDW sites until now as the Disney blues were hitting hard for the past week. I know we'll be back soon-ish, but it still hurts each time leaving "home". Here a few notes and observations over our stay:

- I LOVE Coronado Springs. 2nd time staying and recommend Casitas building #4 or 5 strongly! 4-5 minute walk to the main pool and to the tower, food court, drink stations, etc. The morning walk across the bridge with the subtle music is lovely. It's also only a 3 minute walk to bus stop #2, which is the first pick up going to the parks and the first drop off back from the parks.

- The unfortunate family of four (including two little ones) standing right in front of us for the Happily Ever After fireworks, had two massive things of ice cream. About 20 minutes before the fireworks (and only 5 minutes after we arrived), the one kid got sick and threw up all over the ground. Felt bad for them but I've never been so happy to experience such a thing. It gave us a 10 foot buffer zone, in the hub, where no one could stand. DD9 had a beautiful view of Cinderella Castle and all the projections without me having to hold her up at eye level.

- Bus transportation was great to the parks, DS and to the resorts.

- Having the International cast member program back takes Epcot to another level. That aspect was missing from our last time at EP.

- Cast members in general were great! Many good interactions. Bathrooms and garbage cans were maintained well.

- The vegan options at Flower and Garden were very good. I appreciate the creativity involved in some of the dishes. Vegan options throughout the rest of WDW were solid as well. The vegan Totchos at Woody's Lunch Box and tofu bowl at Satuli Canteen continue to be a must-eat each trip.

- A trip to WDW is not complete for DD15 and DD9 without going to Sci Fi. We unfortunately were seated at one of the tables, not cars, near the back of the restaurant and that took away some of the fun. Still, we love this place despite many other good dining options at HS.

- Visiting Galaxy's Edge with a total Star Wars nerd was a ton of fun. My brother was there for the first time and he couldn't believe how much better in person it was than pictures and videos. Worth every $ for him to build a lightsaber. Being in his early 30's, he was hesitant to bust out the lightsaber and take photos at dark in front of the Millennium Falcon. As those of us who have visited a number of times know, WDW is a place where you can let your "nerd" out and not a soul will care. That's something I hope others realize. WDW is a place where you can be exactly who you are and who you want to be. He eventually had an awesome photo session with a passionate Photopasss cast member. Amazing time.

- The cast compliment feature on the MDE app is convenient. I hope it provides the same benefits to the cast members as #CastCompliment on Twitter.

- Mobile pick up is the way to go.

- Animal Kingdom needs to be open until 9pm. 7pm is ridiculous.

- Modesty aside, I crushed it for our group of 7 with Genie+. I was worried about return times, availability, etc. MODIFY, REFRESH, repeat! We used it at MK, HS and AK.

- Golden ticket...if you know, you know. Wow.

- I was really excited for Remy as it was our first time...I had my eyes closed for 80% of the attraction and don't plan on going on it again. I can handle Soarin and FOP just fine but Remy nearly sent me to the nearest garbage can. Bummer.

- My Dad did the Tron action figure with his face and voice. That thing is pretty awesome. It does take some time to do it and for it to be processed. Something to prepare for.

- We've gone three times in August over the past 6 years and I think this June trip was on par or hotter than those trips. So many people had the wearable fans around their necks. We did many shows to get AC and also used cooling towels. Those work well. With spreading out how much consecutive time you spend in the sun, it can work just fine.

- I can't not get emotional with the blue bird at Festival of the Lion King. Stunning.

- Frozen Sing Along continues to be the most entertaining show for all ages at WDW. I'll die on that hill.

See ya real soon.
Glad you had a great trip! Funny (kinda) about the fireworks view. :) Okay, so what's the Golden Ticket?? Edited to ask - is it booking rides that are down when using Genie+?

Last edited:
Day 2, Epcot after a 10:10 Cape May reservation

Genie+ and ILL for GOTG

GOTG: Wow. So fun!

We got 5 rides with LL: Remy, Soarin, FEA, MS, and TT. TT converted to an anytime LL because there was a thunderstorm during our return time at 4. It drizzled/rained most of the time after that which brought the temperature down.

We also got a VQ for GOTG but our return time overlapped with our ADR at Via Napoli. Via Napoli messed up and didn’t actually check us in during our check in which resulted in us waiting almost an hour for our table. We even checked back after 20 minutes and were assured we were on the list. Their mistake and they couldn’t have cared any less. Left a sour taste even though the food and our waitress were great. So after almost 2 hours at VN, one park hour left, and 2 LL still to go, we never attempted to see if we could still get into the GOTG queue.

Today was a **** day at MK. We headed over after Ohana breakfast, around 11:15. I had stacked BTMR and POC LL which had both converted to anytime by the time we arrived at the park. POC was down half the day, BTMR is still down as I type this at 6 pm. HM was down for several hours. Teacups were down for about 30 minutes. The riverboat was down.

With 5 rides down for an extended time, even the line for PM was long. In 2.5 hours and with 3 anytime LL available we did the COP and then hopped to AK where Everest was down for who knows how long. We didn’t want to use our anytime LL for LM, IASW or Buzz. We got push notifications from the VPs of each park with an apology. I don’t think that’s enough.

Call me a complainer but when 5 (!) rides are down in a park at the same time, with what people pay between park tickets and Genie+, the least they could do is open up the anytime LL to any and all rides that are still running at the time. Alternatively, give a refund. Also, not being able to PH until 2 is ridiculous.

We are here now, at MK. It’s weirdly empty for July. We were here exact same dates last year and I’d say there are maybe 75% as many people here (actually feels like 50% less but I know that’s not right).
I honestly am wondering if ticket prices and to some extent culture wars are starting to have an impact.

Hotels are full though, beach club pool was packed today. Just overall a little different feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter