• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

We arrived today! Had an early flight and went to MK for the afternoon. I was shocked at how low the crowds were. We always come in the summer and have never had this easy a time navigating the walkways, We use DAS because of my son, but it didn't seem like we would have needed G+ even without DAS. Wait times looked pretty good, particularly for a Saturday at MK. We were only in the park for about 3 hours and in that time had lunch at Tortuga Tavern and did Peter Pan, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Philharmagic, it's a small world, Peoplemover, and Buzz Lightyear. Could have easily done more, but wanted to get settled in at the resort. We are here for 11 days, 10 nights, staying at 4 different resorts (because we are crazy!). Starting our trip at the Contemporary, planning on watching the fireworks from our balcony in about 10 minutes. Great start to the trip!

ETA: we're also not moving especially fast because we have a 2 year old

Last edited:
What a terrible day. In the old days, you would have received some pixie dust from customer service. We received 4 free waterpark tix 10 years ago when we had an issue and had to sort it out at MK customer service. I haven't heard of anything remotely that generous in a very long time. I hope you at least get a refund on your Genie+.
We’re back and had to deal with stuff at home, so I’m replying late. We got a little pixie dust here and there along the way, so the CM still care but they are probably restricted by corporate as to what they can offer.

We didn’t ask for a refund. At this point, I don’t care about a refund anymore, but I want corporate to know that this doesn’t fly at the prices they charge. We went to Universal immediately after, and the only time some their rides were down was during thunderstorms. Is there an email address for Disney I can send a message to, and will they care? I got a survey right after we returned, but it was about the resort.

For the record, I also got a survey about our Universal resort stay and received a same day response from the resort manager, thanking me for my feedback and ensuring me that my comments would be passed on to staff. Customer service was outstanding at UO. Disney really can’t afford to drop the ball on anything right now what with Epic Universe in the works.

We arrived on July 3rd and are in the area through the end of the month. Last visits were during Christmas week 2022 and August 2022.

Crowds are very bearable and the weather is not as rainy/stormy as we expected it. Yes it is hot, but that's Summer...

We don't Rope Drop and usually arrive after lunch (2-3) until close. Yesterday, Epcot rides were empty except for many drinking around the world! After 5 we walked on to Soarin', The Land, Nemo, 3 Caballeros and Spaceship Earth. Test Track (18 min) and Ratatouille (20 min). Posted wait times were very inacurrate. 🤗

Last edited:
So we’re back, and I think it’s interesting to reflect on the Disney - UO differences. I already wrote about our Sunday at MK experience. But it’s not all bad. Disney still has a leg up on a few things. Here’s what I noticed:

Better early entry procedure: Disney (IOA was a bottleneck, and it took 30 minutes just to get into the park)

Better mobile ordering: Disney

Cleaner bathrooms: Universal, by far

Better skip-the-line product: Universal, no contest here

Lower crowds: Disney

A couple of comments about the heat, since it was our first summer visit. I read up on here on what to bring and do. I was prepared with refillable water bottles, electrolytes, sunscreen, and cooling towels. I was not prepared for swollen feet and ankles, blisters galore, how the heat affects our mood, that I had to force myself to chug water because I felt full all the time, and how cold we could get after getting caught in the rain. Sometimes you just can’t put those ponchos on fast enough, and it felt like they created an instant steam room with the heat and humidity. AC is a blessing when you’re dry and a curse when you’re wet.

Day 2 in the books. Today was Epcot for us and the low crowd trend continued. We rolled into the park about 10:00am expecting some decent wait times, but most rides were 5-15 minutes. The big ones were longer, of course, but still not bad. Ratatouille was listed at a 30 minute wait at that time. My son mentioned the low crowds to a cast member we were talking to and she noted that bookings are down. It It definitely feels that way to us, but definitely not complaining. It rained lightly off and on for most of the day (heavy for a little bit), but that actually made for a perfect weather day, as it kept it pretty cool but wasn't bad enough to close a lot of stuff down. First day at Disney in the summer I can remember where we were outside for most of the day and didn't really break a sweat. Just watched the fireworks again and tomorrow we will change to resort #2.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Trip coming up starting August 6th. I've been watching wait times climb again over the past few days. Anyone seeing the same thing? Any reason for this change? I was so looking forward to some low crowds.

Thanks for any insight!

U.K. schools are starting to get out for the summer now for the next 6 weeks so that could potentially have something to do with it. Along with the big tour groups returning this year as well.

Anyone gone in the last 2 weeks or so, are the posted wait tills fairly accurately lately or are the inflated more than the norm?

I was there last week and while I didn't closely track it, it did seem like most of the standby times were inflated (ex; Peter Pan's Flight was posted at 90 minutes but the wait was only 45 minutes).

Anyone gone in the last 2 weeks or so, are the posted wait tills fairly accurately lately or are the inflated more than the norm?
The majority of time wait times are inflated. Not always by a lot but traditionally Disney inflates its wait times. especially right before park close.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Trip coming up starting August 6th. I've been watching wait times climb again over the past few days. Anyone seeing the same thing? Any reason for this change? I was so looking forward to some low crowds.

Thanks for any insight!

Yes! I posted about how our first couple of days this past weekend crowds seemed really low. That has not been the case the past few days. It's looked much more like what we're usually used to in the summer - nothing like spring break or the holidays, but still a sea of people everywhere with decently long wait times. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted and we're still having a great time.

U.K. schools are starting to get out for the summer now for the next 6 weeks so that could potentially have something to do with it. Along with the big tour groups returning this year as well.
I have been hearing a bunch of UK accents all over the place. The South American tour groups seem to also be out in full force.

Happily came to my most magical place on earth this past Thursday (7/6). On Monday morning, woke up with a bit of a sore throat - fyi, Magic Kingdom does not sell cough/throat drops.

Still thought is was a minor sore throat. Hopped over to Studios, saw Frozen Show, hugged Olaf. Came back to our once in a lifetime stay in a Riviera grand villa - felt such exhaustion I thought I would collapse. Took to bed, freezing & slept the night away from 5 pm.

Next day, I couldn’t stop sleeping. So I called Advent Health - they have a shuttle service to & from their urgent care center to all the WDW resorts. It was free & I think they take most health insurances. Was promptly seen (it was around 5 pm and tested for strep & Covid.) And yes, like the title says - it was the damn Covid.

Doc says since I was vaxxed 4 times, my body can fight it on its own (I’m on meds that interact with paxlovid). But my body is fighting it locked in a bedroom in this beautiful grand villa that I can’t use the rest of, so the rest of the family is protected. Unfortunately my sister who shared my room also caught it. ☹️

I feel so bad about the potential people I could have spread it to that day. I am convinced I caught it from the buses (I noticed a lot of coughing) - but who the heck knows.

I’d say to be careful out there, but the only way to do that would be to wear a mask which is kind of impossible in this heat.

I had such a false sense of security coming - we were here 2021 & 2022 - never had a problem.

Just posting this as a cautionary tale. I hope this doesn’t happen to others, it’s been quite the disappointment. But hey, silver lining - I got to go on Tron & Guardians before I went down for my own personal refurbishment 😉 Oh, and we are feeling better each day!
One of my colleagues at work returned from a week at WDW this past a Thursday and her husband now has COVID. It’s not unlike the flu now - we just have to learn to live with it and be cautious where we can.

Hi everyone-
Anyone happen to be at the parks and can report anything about opening times? Are the parks holding true to the early entry times?
What time are people being let through the turnstiles?
Tia!

Hi everyone-
Anyone happen to be at the parks and can report anything about opening times? Are the parks holding true to the early entry times?
What time are people being let through the turnstiles?
Tia!
Guests are generally allowed in a bit early but the time and park changes daily. There really isn’t a pattern that’s been discovered. Guests at DHS report daily iften that they can be off their first attraction before official ETPE time.

Rile of thumb to be towards the front of RD crowds is to be at your resort transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins.

As Mickey Mouse would say, "See ya real soon!"Despite a few changes, the essence of Disney magic remains, promising a [pain-free] memorable experience.

After all this time, I finally saw the re-imagined Nemo show, Finding Nemo: The Big Blue and Beyond. My husband liked the old show better. I liked that not a single child cried from being scared.

I’m a Floridian, and yesterday was too hot for me. I lasted long enough to stand in standby for 20 minutes then head over to Chester and Hester’s to pick up Annual Passholder magnets. They were very cute. I did not have the Dumbo or Orange Bird. But I think we had the Mickey/Minnie ones.

On the way out of the park, the pathway towards the exit that would pass by Rainforest and guest services was completely blocked by CM due to a stretcher and medical crew for a guest. So everyone exiting or going to the restaurant was sent to the other side’s pathway.

Devine was out, so it made a nearly impassable bottleneck on the other side, until you could get pass her. She looked magnificent and devine like always. But we didn’t want to block the path further and tried to keep moving.

Be careful and be safe out there today. Listen to your body and don’t push yourself in this heat and humidity, even the evenings are hot.

After all this time, I finally saw the re-imagined Nemo show, Finding Nemo: The Big Blue and Beyond. My husband liked the old show better. I liked that not a single child cried from being scared.

I’m a Floridian, and yesterday was too hot for me. I lasted long enough to stand in standby for 20 minutes then head over to Chester and Hester’s to pick up Annual Passholder magnets. They were very cute. I did not have the Dumbo or Orange Bird. But I think we had the Mickey/Minnie ones.

On the way out of the park, the pathway towards the exit that would pass by Rainforest and guest services was completely blocked by CM due to a stretcher and medical crew for a guest. So everyone exiting or going to the restaurant was sent to the other side’s pathway.

Devine was out, so it made a nearly impassable bottleneck on the other side, until you could get pass her. She looked magnificent and devine like always. But we didn’t want to block the path further and tried to keep moving.

Be careful and be safe out there today. Listen to your body and don’t push yourself in this heat and humidity, even the evenings are hot.
Thanks for the update! I almost wish we hadn't bought tickets for this week. We have so many non-park activities planned plus the heat. I hope the EEHs at Mk (til 1 AM Wed) make it worthwhile.

We're still here, wrapping up our trip with our final full day tomorrow and heading home Tuesday. It has been hot, as everyone has said (I took 3 showers yesterday!), but it hasn't stopped us. We're pretty used to the heat as we live in Texas and regularly do things outdoors in the middle of the day in summer at home, but of course we're out for much longer periods of time here. We've had a wonderful time and have found many cast members to be especially excellent - have submitted many cast compliments through the app. Parks and bathrooms have been clean and we haven't even had issues with rides being down. I'd seen lots of reports of that before our trip and had been worried, but the only ride we've really struggled with has been Test Track, which was down twice when we tried to ride it. Finally got in our ride last night. Ready to hit MK and DHS one last time tomorrow, then wrap it up with a few more Epcot hours before our Mears bus to the airport on Tuesday.

We're still here, wrapping up our trip with our final full day tomorrow and heading home Tuesday. It has been hot, as everyone has said (I took 3 showers yesterday!), but it hasn't stopped us. We're pretty used to the heat as we live in Texas and regularly do things outdoors in the middle of the day in summer at home, but of course we're out for much longer periods of time here. We've had a wonderful time and have found many cast members to be especially excellent - have submitted many cast compliments through the app. Parks and bathrooms have been clean and we haven't even had issues with rides being down. I'd seen lots of reports of that before our trip and had been worried, but the only ride we've really struggled with has been Test Track, which was down twice when we tried to ride it. Finally got in our ride last night. Ready to hit MK and DHS one last time tomorrow, then wrap it up with a few more Epcot hours before our Mears bus to the airport on Tuesday.
Has your recent experience matched the increased crowds you stated in the last comment or has it lightened up any?

We started Day 1 of 11 in Disney Springs and an ADR at Boma. Springs was clean and pretty with I’d have to say low crowds. We’re staying at Dolphin - and things went smooth with checkin - room was ready early so we went to relax. Writing this from Boma where the food is excellent as always but the restaurant is probably only 1/3 full at 6pm. I’ve never seen this. I guess it’s good for me since I was able to get like 8 pieces of beef without any lines. But I can’t help but be surprised at the lack of diners. Before, this place was packed. Can’t help but think it’s very underutilized. They can’t be making more profit off this even with higher prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter