~~~Here it is!~~~ Illuminations Dessert Party June 18th registration thread!

westjones,

so sorry I didn't meet you..but your last pic had me . DH &DS in it,.
we are dead center behind desserts...

find it so odd we spoke online but never met

maybe next time

Just got home last night!! The dessert party was truly terrific. One of the high points of our trip and since that was our first night...well, it was a tough act to follow. Now my dh understands why we DIS!!! Terrific people.

Hi Laura!!! Sure did enjoy hanging with you and Dwight and Tori on Sunday. Katie really missed her fun buddy after that! Kate loved being in the pool at SAB with Tori also. Made is so much nicer to have a friend to swim with. She felt so grown up being with Tori and Jylian Sat night. Thanks to all that made it so memorable for her.

And Penny....what can we say!!! Thanks for all the hard work. We certainly did benefit from your hard work. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!!!

Hi, Diane!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip. Sorry we didn't meet up again after Father's Day. Tori's still talking about the fun she had with Katie!! :goodvibes

I got my pictures developed - have some cute pictures of the girls! (some day I *will* go digital :rotfl:

Laura

We have some pictures of the girls with Michelle and Chantelle at the party too, if DH would just upload them. He is working on the camper right now so we can go on our next vacation, but I will nag him a bit to see if he will upload them.

We had such a great time! I wish we would have gotten enough people to do ALL of the wonderful events Penny had tried to arrange. Wouldn't that have been so great!

I'm sorry I didn't meet everyone. I guess DH and I forgot to 'mingle'. We were really enjoying the view and the desserts and then loved watching how much fun our girls were having with their new group of friends.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an event like this every summer. I know that there is a "Mousefest" arranged by the All Ears Net people, but they do that when school is in session. It was nice that Penny picked a time that kids were out of school.

We would have loved to go to the Adventurers Club and the Safari Dinner too, but at least we got to enjoy that wonderful Illuminations buffet. This trip will be a very special Disney Memory for us!

DJ

I know what you mean about "mingling"! There just wasn't enough time! In hindsight, we should have planned to get together around 7 or so -- at International Gateway would have been a good location ;) That would have given us more time to *talk* before the desserts & Illuminations. We'll just have to keep doing it until we get it right :rotfl:

We should have also taken time for a group picture.

WDWLVR said:
We should have also taken time for a group picture.

Oh My! Why didn't we think of that! That would have been great!

I agree, we need to keep doing it until we get it right! ::MickeyMo

We did need more time together to really get to know each other, but I think that is why Penny wanted to plan an event each night.....just didn't work out that way.

DJ

Hi all :sunny:

Just got back yesterday - had a fab time at the party - so nice to be able to meet so many of you at last especially as I've been talking to you all for so long.

So happy to see some pictures too, look foward to seeing more if anyone has them...as I realised afterwards I didn't take a single one! :o (I guess I was just too hyper at the time to think about that, heh)

By the way, I was chatting to the CM's after the event and they commented (without prompting so didn't sound like some Disney spiel) on what a nice bunch of friendly people we all were and basically what a pleasure it had been to look after us all - a fine testament to the people of the DIS if ever I heard one :)

Whilst we had our up's and down's along the way I learnt a ton about organising such things - should I ever feel a crazy urge (;) ) to repeat this or a different private event in the future I feel sure it would be a lot easier the 2nd time around!!!

So glad to hear you all enjoyed the event though - Illuminations is magical and I just love Lower French Isle, that spot on the waters edge is just fab, of course the fine weather that evening, and even the wind blowing in the right direction were huge bonus's too and I thank you all for even making it possible :)

So nice to meet you and your darling DH too! Again, thank you - thank you - thank you! It was wonderful. And, should you ever get the *urge* again, feel free to start planning....... we're ready! :teeth:

I would love to see another one. I wasn't able to attend the June 18th one because that was my friend's wedding. Please keep us updated if you decide to undertake another one. :) I'm glad you guys had a great time and impressed the CMs! :teeth:

I'm so sorry that we weren't able to make it! My sister's wedding was in Orlando in May, and a second trip so soon just wasn't in the cards for us. I'm glad to hear that you all had a wonderful time, maybe we'll make the next one!

We got to watch Illuminations a few more times that week from our balcony at Boardwalk and a few of the nights the wind was blowing all the smoke right toward lower French Isle. We really lucked out with beautiful weather and great wind direction.

WDWLVR said:
We got to watch Illuminations a few more times that week from our balcony at Boardwalk and a few of the nights the wind was blowing all the smoke right toward lower French Isle. We really lucked out with beautiful weather and great wind direction.

We were VERY lucky with the weather. The next night we went to MK and stayed to see Wishes, but the rain delayed it 20 minutes, once they started it was still raining (but we still enjoyed it).

Saturday night was the PERFECT night for our buffet!
DJ

The photos so far look wonderful! Could someone describe the desserts that were served? It all looks so tasty. :smooth:

Sure sounds like it was a perfect evening for your party. :goodvibes

westjones said:
We were VERY lucky with the weather. The next night we went to MK and stayed to see Wishes, but the rain delayed it 20 minutes, once they started it was still raining (but we still enjoyed it).

Saturday night was the PERFECT night for our buffet!
DJ

You are right. I forgot about the next night. We took my DH's cousin to dinner at Rose and Crown. They were on their honeymoon. We asked for an outside table and were a little disappointed when we got one outside but off to the side under the tarp. We were very happy to have that table when the rain came down. When Illuminations started they moved more down front to watch and I stayed with the table. With the perfect view we had the night before I was happy to listen to the music and see what I could from my seat.

westjones.....

pics soo,so, cute..

I miss being there already......

my jylian still talks about how much fun she had

penny,,,,

so wish we/all of us could of pulled together the AK and AC evening...

perhaps another time...

wonderful time, met the nicest people..
too bad we couldn't of all hung around together for a day or so

Penny,
Could you please contact me? You can use the email I sent you when registering at your Project X email address (I don't want to post the email address here) or PM me. I need to ask you a question about the checks I sent you to pay for the dessert party. The DIS is not allowing me to PM or email you. I tried emailing you at the Project X registration email, but I got an auto-reponse back and I am not sure you will get that email. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter