~~~Here it is!~~~ Illuminations Dessert Party June 18th registration thread!

Ok guys, I can hardly believe this is the weekend after next now! :sunny:

Time for some details then, here's the plan...

If you have purchased the special Illuminations Park Entry tickets then meet me outside International Gateway (I'll stand just to the right, as you face/enter the park) at 8pm. This is only a small area so shouldn't be a problem finding each other but I will try and dig out some lime green ribbon to attach to my fanny pack to make it easier...otherwise just look for me (and my other half) standing around to one side people watching :p

It's important that you be on time for this as I need to be inside to meet everyone else at the party area at 8.15...it's only a 5 minute walk thru the gate and to the dessert area so that means I'll wait there for 10 minutes - should be plenty of time providing you arrive a 8pm sharp ;)

Which brings me to the 2nd meeting place. For the party itself we all need to meet at 8.15pm outside the dessert area.

Here's a map of Epcot World Showcase, you can see French Isle sticking out into the WS lagoon just above the 'International Gateway' tag, plus also the footpath to get there. We'll meet in the area around the footpath entrance at 8.15pm sharp. That just gives us time to sort ourselves out and hook up before heading in for the party at 8.30pm, you won't be able to get in without a wristband so I suggest you get there on time as I plan to be inside stuffing myself with cakes at the first opportunity and won't be waiting outside for any late arrivals!

I also thought it might be nice to hook up just to say hello and 'take the pressure off' the 8.15 meeting time for those who get a little nervous about rendezvous like this - so, I'll also be by Pin Central that morning at 11am for 10 minutes if anyone wants to stop by and say hi and just generally identify each other :)

Last but not least, I am staying at the Boardwalk Villas arriving the evening of the 16th - you've all got my name so if you need to contact me in an emergency I'm just a phonecall away ;)

By the way - I am just about to finalise the final head count with our Disney rep so if there are any last minute additions to be made (or anyone who's only just heard about our party) there is still room to join us!

To re-cap, price is $32 per person, it lasts 1 hour and the planned menu is:-

Chocolate and Pistachio Cannoli

Fresh Fruit Tartlet,

Chocolate Éclairs,

White Chocolate Chip with Macadamia Nut Cookies,

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Fresh Popped Popcorn

Coffee, Hot chocolate, Hot Tea and Lemonade

and best of all we have a wicked unobstructed private viewing area on Lower French Isle and best of all you don't have to find your pitch an hour before hand, just concentrate on eating all the goodies until the lights dim for the show!

PM or email me on projectx@wdwinfo.com if interested in joining us - it's going to be a blast :)

:wave: I just can't wait Penny!!! We're almost there. Wish I could stop by to say hi at Pin Central, but our plane will be circling over MCO right about then!!! Looking forward to making some more friends. This is going to be such fun...can't wait for those eclairs and tartlets!!!! YUM!

Penny - looking forward to it! You should have gotten our check by now (or in the next day or so) as I mailed it last week.

We're staying at Boardwalk too so if you need help with anything let us know. We get in the morning of the 18th.

We'll start packing this weekend. Arriving YC on June 15th. See you all 6/18!!! :banana:

Laura, Dwight & Tori(11)

Hi All,

We will be arriving late on the 17th, about 11pm, and staying at the Swan. Cannot wait to meet everyone and thank Penny in person for all of her hard work. I will not be able to stop by Pin Central on the morning of the 18th as we plan to be over at MGM in the morning on the 18th. I will have line green ribbon tied to my waistpack so see everyone on the 18th.

I can't believe it is almost here already! We'll be at EPCOT all day on Saturday. I hate to sound like a dope, but where is Pin Central? If it is inside EPCOT, we willl definitely try to stop by and say hello.
Patti

I have my suitcases out and have started packing (but won't finish until next week). My kids are still in school until Monday, so I don't think "summer vacation" will hit me until we actually are done with school.

Thanks Penny! I hope it hasn't been too much trouble doing all of this! I will see you at the International Gateway on Saturday night, and we won't be late! We will be at the Boardwalk, so we have an easy walk over there.

See everyone then!
Debra (DJ)

zippeedee said:
I can't believe it is almost here already! We'll be at EPCOT all day on Saturday. I hate to sound like a dope, but where is Pin Central? If it is inside EPCOT, we willl definitely try to stop by and say hello.
Patti

It's the big pin stand right in between Innoventions - opposite the fountain.

Look forward to meeting up with you all finally, it's had it moments of course, but overall it's been a lot of fun planning all this :sunny:

Mary, yes I got your check (actually got a few balance payment checks thru so thank you all for doing that so promptly!) :)

Any last minute questions?

Any last minute people want to join us?

Actually - now might be a good time to ask if anyone has any food allergies too - if you do, let me know so I can inform Disney.

Thanks!

WebmasterPenny said:
Look forward to meeting up with you all finally, it's had it moments of course, but overall it's been a lot of fun planning all this :sunny:

Mary, yes I got your check (actually got a few balance payment checks thru so thank you all for doing that so promptly!) :)

Actually - now might be a good time to ask if anyone has any food allergies too - if you do, let me know so I can inform Disney.

Thanks!

OK, I have one question (or I guess you could say a request). Could we have some ice water added to the drinks? Not the bottle kind, just regular tap water with ice?

If it is too much trouble, don't worry about it. But if Disney wouldn't mind adding that to the beverage list, it would be great!

Thanks! See you at the International Gate at 8:00 SHARP!
Debra (DJ)

WebmasterPenny said:

Thanks!

My husband is allergic to nuts if consumed. I saw some items with nuts on them but he can just avoid those.

Hey, everyone! Someone posted on another board about June hours changing, and I just checked here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/June05.cfm

And they are different than when I printed them out before. Doesn't effect our Illuminations event, but you may want to check this out for the rest of your trip.

OH! And on the website: http://www.allearsnet.com they are reporting that the Star Wars weekends have been extended, and they now include the weekend we will be there. They didn't say who would be there though.

DJ

DJ, let me ask to see if they'll put a few jugs of water out and not charge us...

Tiffany, I take it we don't have to worry about cross-contamination issue with the nuts then - it's just if he eats them there's a problem?

Anything else?

Anyone else want to join?

Just let me know :)

Hi Penny,

I just sent you a pm.

Looking forward to meeting everyone next Saturday.

Have a safe trip.

Just to let you know some ice water has been added to the menu free of charge...yum yum ;)

Anything or anyone else?

WebmasterPenny said:
Just to let you know some ice water has been added to the menu free of charge...yum yum ;)

Anything or anyone else?

Thank you SO much! I can't believe it is almost here! We leave a week from today!!!!! :Pinkbounc I am getting excited!

Now I'm off to the mall to shop for a new pair of capris!
DJ

Thanks for adding the water! I love cold water and cannot imagine drinking hot coffee in humid hot weather.

can't wait to meet everyone as well...

In capsusle version:
we meet 8:15 sharp
we get wristbands
we pay penny(whomever owes her)
goodies come out around 8:30 pm
we will be at lower Tier in France..

okay.. is this concise and accurate?

oh yeah,,, one more little question.
hate to even bring this up?

but what happens if it is raing torentially? does the food get put inside or is there a tent?

and god forbid, would it ever be cancelled? other than for a hurricane?

WebmasterPenny said:
DJ, let me ask to see if they'll put a few jugs of water out and not charge us...

Tiffany, I take it we don't have to worry about cross-contamination issue with the nuts then - it's just if he eats them there's a problem?

Anything else?

Anyone else want to join?

Just let me know :)

Correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter