Help my Dh died.(Updated again post #218)

Save the trip for a time when the grief is not so new, so raw and painful. Hold your children and let their love hold you. I'm guessing the airlines and WDW will be understanding and you won't suffer a financial loss if you postpone the vacation. Wait awhile, so you can see the sun come shining through the clouds- it WILL happen. HUgs and condolences.

:hug: I wish you and your family the best as you go through this difficult time. Your husband had such a wonderful smile and I know he'll be missed and always loved.

Words cannot express the sorrow I feel for you and your family at this moment. My heart and prayers go out to you all.

I am so so so so so sorry for your loss. I don't know how your even thinking about the trip right now. Put it on the back burner. If it were me, it would be to soon. You need to focus on other things right now.

I will pray that you and your family find peace in your loss.
Maybe you could go on a day trip and do something to remember your husband. In a few weeks it might be good to go somewhere just for a short time.

I am soooooo sorry for your loss:sad1: :sad1: I agree with most of the people that had posted prior to me, talk it over with your family to see how they feel about the upcoming trip. I also think Disney is a GREAT place to be to maybe help cheer everyone up just a little. If your husband loved Disney, I think he would probably be happy to see all of you together at the happiest place on earth celebrating his life......:sad1: Again I am soo sorry for you loss, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.:grouphug: :flower3:

I'm so sorry..words are not enough. I buried my son three weeks ago tomorrow. It shook my world, as I'm sure yours is shaking.

:hug:

What a beautiful link you left for us. You can tell in his smile, and the few words about what he loved, he was a wonderful man.
Take your time, and know alot of thoughts and prayers are still with you...

My heart is breaking for you. Your family will be in my prayers and I hope you heal a bit each day.

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your precious DD's will be in my prayers.

I really have to thank all of you for your posts and signing the guest book. I never thought how much that would mean to us. We lived thru today's funeral but I'm not sure we are coming thru this whole. Without going into to gruesome of details my girls witness the whole thing including me doing CPR and they calling 911. We are all reliving those images and thats what is really killing us right now. My 5yo constant thinks she is dying and has something "stuck in her throat". It is very trying on all of use to hear her repeatedly. If that part didn't happen we would have been so much better emotionally. With that the girls are relieved I canceled the trip. Disney did charge me the 100$ penalty/room, how magical. I asked if they would wave it due to death and was told thats what trip insurance is for..... AirTran did not refund me but gave me credit for a year without penalty. So somewhere in the next 12 months I have to burn 2000 worth of airfare where we will go I have no idea.

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss and all you and your girls have gone through.

I would encourage you to write a letter to Disney again asking for the full refund and reminding them that while "that may be what trip insurance is for" they are supposed to be the most magical place on earth! I'd also ask the person you write to how they would feel if this happened to them!

Good luck with everything and let us know if we can help you in any way.

Karen

I am so sorry for your loss and the trama you and your girls experienced. Lately, there has been tragedy around me and it has really taken its toll. Take it a day at a time. I can't even imagine the grief you must feel and helplessness with your girls. I will say a prayer.

You and your children are in my prayers every night. :hug: :hug: Shame on WDW for charging you that 100.00 fee. I would send them a "thank you" note with his obituary.

I'm sorry, I just think it stinks that they did that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter