Help my Dh died.(Updated again post #218)

DisOrBust

<font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A
I can't believe I'm posting this. My soul mate of 25 yrs died without warning yesterday. We have a big family trip with my 77yo parents and my MIL schedulaed for Sept 5th. I do not want to go. My soon to be 6yo who was planning on spending her Bday at WDW is asking if we are going. My 11 and 13yo girls are also ossilating between wanting to go or not to go. I have know idea what the right choice to make is.

God help me.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs and prayers are coming your way. As far as the trip goes, I would wait a few days to make any decisions regarding that. Right now you need to focus on your children and the arrangements you need to make for your DH.

Oh my goodness, I'm soooo sorry for your loss! ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Honestly I do not know what I would do if I were in your shoes. I think talk to many family and friends and see what they say. Also think about what your dh would have wanted you to do.

Again I'm so sorry for your tragic loss! :grouphug:

:hug: I am so very sorry for you loss. I'm not really sure what to tell you about the trip, but maybe if you give it some time, you'll be able to know if you feel up to going or not. The distraction from regular life might be good, but maybe it would just be too much to handle a trip like that- which can be stressful under the best of circumstances. I'm sure the shock alone is making it hard to think about anything right now. One more :hug: , and I will keep your family in my thoughts.

OMG I am so sorry! I can't even begin to imagine your loss but I wanted to send you some:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I can't believe I'm posting this. My soul mate of 25 yrs died without warning yesterday. We have a big family trip with my 77yo parents and my MIL schedulaed for Sept 5th. I do not want to go. My soon to be 6yo who was planning on spending her Bday at WDW is asking if we are going. My 11 and 13yo girls are also ossilating between wanting to go or not to go. I have know idea what the right choice to make is.

God help me.

You are in my prayers today.

As for the trip. Can you discuss it with your parents & in laws? Get every ones feelings. How are your kids doing, this must be excruciatingly hard on them also. Can you guys pospone it a few months without totally cancelling. May give you more time to get a handle on things.

whatever you decide please take the time & surround yourself with the love of your family.

:grouphug:

for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this very difficult time.

Take some time before you decide what you want to do. Tough decision as the one who has a birthday is small and probably excited. Though the break might do you good too.

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

Only you will know if you are up to going or not. Maybe if the kids want to go and you just can't...perhaps your inlaws could take them? I have a feeling though that once you get there, Disney will be the magic that everyone needs to help heal your hearts a bit.

Your family is in my thoughts.

You are in my prayers today.

As for the trip. Can you discuss it with your parents & in laws? Get every ones feelings. How are your kids doing, this must be excruciatingly hard on them also. Can you guys pospone it a few months without totally cancelling. May give you more time to get a handle on things.

whatever you decide please take the time & surround yourself with the love of your family.

:grouphug:

I just wanted to offer my sympathy to you and your family. Whether you decide to go or postpone the trip, there will be mixed emotions. I too think it is a good idea to give it a couple of days thought with input from your parents, MIL and kids. Then you can decide. If it helps there was another Diser in the same situation just a few weeks ago. Though I think she did have a bit more time before the start of the trip. You might want to read through that thread and even perhaps PM the original poster to get the opinion of someone who has had a similar experience as you.

May GOD comfort you and your family each and every day.:grouphug:

I sent you a PM. I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my dh at a young age too. Sending you many hugs. :hug: :hug:

IMHO, take the trip. It's so important for the kids that not everything gets disrupted and "up in the air". They need something that they can hold onto right now.

:hug: I am sorry for your loss. If you feel you are not ready to go, then don't.I know it is not as simple as that ,because of the fact that there are children involved.My prayers are with you.:hug:

I am so sorry to hear your news. Take care of yourself and your family. In a few days you'll know what to do about your trip. Again, so sorry.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers...:hug: :hug:
As for the trip goes, you will know in your heart whether it is the right time or not to go...my point of view is that it might be a good time for you and your family to let this settle in and take the time to put everything in order. Let it settle. You will need some fun and healing time down the road and WDW is the perfect place for it, but if you go too soon, you will probably look back and it truly will be a blur. This is all too new and real for you right now and being home will give that part of the process a chance for your family to start healing.
God Bless you and whatever you decide...:hug: :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter